[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AJ green's ranking this week

FatalFact

No typo.

The problem with Green is how CLE treats him. He should always be started because he has as much potential as any WR any week. If the Browns want to shut him down at the expense of every thing else, they can. Haden was banged up in the @CLE last year. In 2011, Green was held to just one catch in CLE. After blowing up in week one, Green has only had games of 6-41 and 4-46-1.

So there is risk but his upside should always trump that unless you have to make choices from the top 3 WRs in the league. Doubtful you or anyone else has a receiver worth starting over Green.

No typo.

The problem with Green is how CLE treats him. He should always be started because he has as much potential as any WR any week. If the Browns want to shut him down at the expense of every thing else, they can. Haden was banged up in the @CLE last year. In 2011, Green was held to just one catch in CLE. After blowing up in week one, Green has only had games of 6-41 and 4-46-1.

So there is risk but his upside should always trump that unless you have to make choices from the top 3 WRs in the league. Doubtful you or anyone else has a receiver worth starting over Green.

Good point, CLE does like to shut him down and Haden can do it. I think last year their little quick WR (Hawkins) had a big game while AJ was blanketed.

How's this for 3 WR (keeper league) Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Larry Fitzgerald and I signed Edelman off waivers after week 1. Of course in week 9 those 3 all have a bye, and I'll be struggling.

Haden shuts down burners, not physical receivers. Green will be fine - start him with confidence.

DMD told us in an earlier post

"In 2011, Green was held to just one catch in CLE."

So are you calling him a liar or saying that was an anomoly?

I'm not saying he should be benched, neither did DMD.

Good point, CLE does like to shut him down and Haden can do it. I think last year their little quick WR (Hawkins) had a big game while AJ was blanketed.

How's this for 3 WR (keeper league) Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Larry Fitzgerald and I signed Edelman off waivers after week 1. Of course in week 9 those 3 all have a bye, and I'll be struggling.

In my dynasty league I own Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas so starting decisions are not too bad there

count me another dynasty owner with Calvin & Demaryius...but my 3&4 WRs are Nicks/ StevieJ...then again it's a 16 team league too.

As for AJ with regard to not sitting him I suggest the same thing with some IDPs...there are some situations that don't look good but you can't sit the player. You just have to temper expectations and realize the upside that player presents outweighs the risk.

DMD told us in an earlier post

"In 2011, Green was held to just one catch in CLE."

So are you calling him a liar or saying that was an anomoly?

I'm not saying he should be benched, neither did DMD.

Actually, I'm going off what I know to be true about Haden. He's very quick and doesn't get burned by pure speed guys very often. However, he's nowhere near as affective against guys like Calvin Johnson, or even AJ Green who are just all-around GOOD. He will not win a heavyweight match.

How about doing your research instead of going off of one stat-line from one game (for the second time this week). Check out the OTHER game that same year that AJ ate Haden's lunch. Here, I'll even help you out: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/11/bengals_rookie_wr_aj_green_bur.html

Are YOU calling ME a liar? Try knowing the facts first before calling people out. I never said anybody was advising to sit him. I said "start him with confidence", meaning don't worry about his production just because of Haden. Why do you have to treat everything like an argument?

Edited by Endzone Is Near

Actually, I'm going off what I know to be true about Haden. He's very quick and doesn't get burned by pure speed guys very often. However, he's nowhere near as affective against guys like Calvin Johnson, or even AJ Green who are just all-around GOOD. He will not win a heavyweight match.

How about doing your research instead of going off of one stat-line from one game (for the second time this week). Check out the OTHER game that same year that AJ ate Haden's lunch. Here, I'll even help you out: http://www.cleveland..._green_bur.html

Are YOU calling ME a liar? Try knowing the facts first before calling people out...

Ok, I'll play (stats from Pro Football Reference)

2011 @ CLE 1-41-1 if not for the TD a stinker fantasy game

2011 vs CLE 3-110-0 big yardage, few rec

2012 vs CLE 7-58-1 decent game, but low yardage for # of rec

2012 @ CLE 7-135-2 big game (Haden banged up according to DMD)

4 game average 4.5-86-1,

I don't have the time right now, but looking at targets and how many times they threw his way vs. how many he caught would also provide more info.

Wow so based on that article (and your own opinion) those two games in 2011 Green destroyed Haden, really?

Yeah, you know more than DMD, Haden has no ability to keep Green in check.

PS Mary Kay Cabot of the PD is a hack, she seems to hate every Cleveland team and writes almost nothing but negative articles.

Maybe you missed this part of the article, but you're right Haden was owned by Green :crazy:

"In the first meeting, Green was targeted four times, but Haden broke up five passes that day and shut Green down until the quick snap at the end."

Edited by stevegrab

Oh and the reason I treat this like an argument is because you are calling out the guy who runs this website, who knows his chives when he says that

If the Browns want to shut him down at the expense of every thing else, they can.

You then tell us that Haden cannot shut down Green, and offer your opinion and no facts.

You're a relative newbie here, and are acting like a know it all, but without any facts to back up your statements. My fault for clicking on a few of your posts after putting you on ignore, hoping to see some useful information. I won't make that mistake again.

4 game average 4.5-86-1,

I don't have the time right now, but looking at targets and how many times they threw his way vs. how many he caught would also provide more info.

Wow so based on that article (and your own opinion) those two games in 2011 Green destroyed Haden, really?

PS Mary Kay Cabot of the PD is a hack, she seems to hate every Cleveland team and writes almost nothing but negative articles.

Maybe you missed this part of the article, but you're right Haden was owned by Green :crazy:

"In the first meeting, Green was targeted four times, but Haden broke up five passes that day and shut Green down until the quick snap at the end."

Again, my first response was based solely on what I know about Haden - he is not physical. And you won't prove me wrong on that. My comment was not said in an argumentative way, and it wasn't an argument at all until you opened your mouth (similar to the McGahee thread). Keep pulling up stats all day, that's fine. I may be wrong on stats, but that article was just an attempt to make you back off.

I'm glad you are a stat guru, though. Congrats...hope you feel better.

4 game average 4.5-86-1,

As a watcher of that first game in 2011, Haden DID shut Green down. The only pass that he caught was on a hurry-up where the Browns defenders were still shuffling around, and Green was NOT matched up with Haden (or anyone) at the snap of the ball. Heads up play by Dalton, but not something that you should count on repeating.

Haden is a true shutdown corner and doesn't just "shut down the blazers". I've seen him lock down pretty much any kind of wideout.

Will he have his way against Green? Maybe, maybe not.

But I'll tell you this much, if I'm a Green owner I'd rather see Joe Schmo covering him than Haden. :shrug:

Does it mean I'd BENCH the guy? No way, of course not. But as keg said, temper your expectations. Be happy if you get 6 for 75 with a score.... but don't whine if he goes 3 for 45 with no scores.

Haden is a true shutdown corner and doesn't just "shut down the blazers". I've seen him lock down pretty much any kind of wideout.

But I'll tell you this much, if I'm a Green owner I'd rather see Joe Schmo covering him than Haden. :shrug:

Does it mean I'd BENCH the guy? No way, of course not. But as keg said, temper your expectations. Be happy if you get 6 for 75 with a score.... but don't whine if he goes 3 for 45 with no scores.

Meh, what do you know ;)

Correct - obviously anyone would rather NOT face a superior corner. Who argued that? I know it wasn't me...

• Like 1

Couple years ago I drafted Megatron as the 1.1 overall pick in a dynasty. Then came back and got Dez and Percy Harvin. Took Reggie Bush late as a gamble that paid off since he had one of his best years. Then traded and got Cruz for the following years round 2 pick before he took off.

Congratulations?

• Like 1

Correct - obviously anyone would rather NOT face a superior corner. Who argued that? I know it wasn't me...

Nope, you just argued that Haden cannot shut down big physical receivers, only the speedy burner type guys. Green had 7 receptions for 51 yards, with a long of 16 (on something like 15 targets). I think a few of them may have gone for first down, but no big plays down the field and I know at least one play they threw to him and he was tackled short of the 1st down (his being big and physical didn't allow him to get away from Haden who is also a great tackler).

Face it you were wrong about Haden, based on some gut feeling you had or what your eyes told you.

I see the following plays to Green including 8 incomplete passes)

2-7 pass complete 4 yards

3-3 pass incomplete

1-10 pass incomplete

3-3 pass complete 1 yard

2-4 pass complete 11 yards (FIRST DOWN)

2-6 pass incomplete

3-4 pass incomplete

3-7 pass incomplete

2-7 pass incomplete

3-7 pass complete for 6 yards (was initially spotted as a first down, Browns challenge moved it back to short of 1st)

1-10 pass incomplete

1-10 pass incomplete (holding on offense, play didn't count)

2-24 pass incomplete

1-10 pass complete 8 yards

2-2 pass complete 5 yards (FIRST DOWN)

2-10 pass complete 16 yards (FIRST DOWN)

Green also got called for a holding penalty.

Hayden provided the coverage or tackle on most of those plys (though he didn't cove Green exclusively).

Nope, you just argued that Haden cannot shut down big physical receivers, only the speedy burner type guys. Green had 7 receptions for 51 yards, with a long of 16 (on something like 15 targets). I think a few of them may have gone for first down, but no big plays down the field and I know at least one play they threw to him and he was tackled short of the 1st down (his being big and physical didn't allow him to get away from Haden who is also a great tackler).

Face it you were wrong about Haden, based on some gut feeling you had or what your eyes told you.

I see the following plays to Green including 8 incomplete passes)

2-7 pass complete 4 yards

3-3 pass incomplete

1-10 pass incomplete

3-3 pass complete 1 yard

2-4 pass complete 11 yards (FIRST DOWN)

2-6 pass incomplete

3-4 pass incomplete

3-7 pass incomplete

2-7 pass incomplete

3-7 pass complete for 6 yards (was initially spotted as a first down, Browns challenge moved it back to short of 1st)

1-10 pass incomplete

1-10 pass incomplete (holding on offense, play didn't count)

2-24 pass incomplete

1-10 pass complete 8 yards

2-2 pass complete 5 yards (FIRST DOWN)

2-10 pass complete 16 yards (FIRST DOWN)

Green also got called for a holding penalty.

Hayden provided the coverage or tackle on most of those plys (though he didn't cove Green exclusively).

LMAO. How many times did you have to change undies at the thought of coming back to rehash this? Lol...what a joke. I had honestly forgotten about this stupid thread.

And nope, I wasn't wrong about the type of corner Haden is. I WAS wrong about AJ's performance, but I'm actually fine with that. Hope this gets your week off to a GREAT start thinking you got a leg up on me, big guy!

LMAO. How many times did you have to change undies at the thought of coming back to rehash this? Lol...what a joke. I had honestly forgotten about this stupid thread.

And nope, I wasn't wrong about the type of corner Haden is. I WAS wrong about AJ's performance, but I'm actually fine with that. Hope this gets your week off to a GREAT start thinking you got a leg up on me, big guy!

:mouth::mouth::mouth::mouth:

So basically you're never wrong. Experts like DMD and Darin3 who do this stuff for a living are wrong for thinking Haden is a shutdown corner and can stop or extremely limit AJ Green. So instead you were wrong about Green performance. And Haden still cannot handle a physical receiver. :crazy:

Honestly I hadn't thought about this thread or you at all while enjoying my NFL day yesterday. But when I took some time to come read the posts I remembered what an ASS you were and figured I'd bump the thread and give you one more chance to admit you were wrong. But of course you're not capable of that, because you are the second coming of the all knowing Baby Jane.

• Like 1