[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ethics question: making a 'blocking' WW claim

Deadwood

I don't get why anyone thinks this is at all shady.

If I believe that keeping a player (in this case a defense) out of my opponent's lineup will help me win, then I am doing something that directly benefits my team. Why would you want to make it easier for your opponent to beat you?

I don't get why anyone thinks this is at all shady.

If I believe that keeping a player (in this case a defense) out of my opponent's lineup will help me win, then I am doing something that directly benefits my team. Why would you want to make it easier for your opponent to beat you?

It's legal. It's not unethical. It's maybe a little chivesy though.

but knowing you 2 why do I feel that neither of you actually do it yourself? :shrug:

I for one would never try to block another team. I even make sure that all teams have drafted a starting QB before I take a backup, and never snag players off the WW if I think another team could use them more. What fun is winning if everyone doesn't feel good about their team?

:rofl:

Pretty much agree with the consensus, it is not unethical but is a little shady. If you're willing to waste your WW pick (use FA bidding dollars, pay roster move fee if there is one etc.) and stash the guy on your roster all week fine. Of course its hard to predict who the top defense will be.

Agreed - low-rent but definitely in-bounds.