[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whats the chance of Josh Freeman starting for another team this year ?

MustOfBeenDrunk

Do you think there a chance Josh either gets dropped or traded before the deadline and picks up a starting gig for another team ( this year ) I always liked the kid and truly believe he is getting screwed by TB , all the leaks about personal info and other crap. How about a team like the Titains ? Or do you think he is toast and his career as a starter is over ?

Zero. If you are tanking, you do not want him. If you have a playoff spot or close to one, you do not want him. If you have a young QB you want to progress, you do not want him.

He will either be released or will walk at seasons end. No trade at all unless it morphs into a bigger one where it would be Freeman and a #1 for a player.

Whoever is going to trade for him needs cap space. Josh is making almost $500k per game, so if anyone is going to go get him, they're going to wait until right before the deadline. If you were the Jaguars, wouldn't you make that trade?

Free beer is cheaper...especially when you only have 18 fans showing up at games.

Why is any conversation being dedicated to this guy? He's slow in the pocket both mentally and physically and has terrible presence, has limited mobility, is not accurate and lacks leadership qualities. The NFL knows this, which is why no one was willing to give TB so much as a bag of cheetos. Time to move on and find that other 'sleeper'...

Why is any conversation being dedicated to this guy? He's slow in the pocket both mentally and physically and has terrible presence, has limited mobility, is not accurate and lacks leadership qualities. The NFL knows this, which is why no one was willing to give TB so much as a bag of cheetos. Time to move on and find that other 'sleeper'...

You're welcome to ignore the conversation if it doesn't interest you.

I don't think he ends up a starter anywhere unless hes backing up someone who gets injured. A team like Jax isn't going to tout him as their QB of the future, and that franchise clearly isn't worried about impressing right now. Minnesota is clearly serviceable with Cassel in so just like Jax they wouldn't try to sell Freeman as the QB of the future either. I actually think he ends up in AZ at some point in the near future, but that's just me.

Why do you hate Bronco Billy?

I don't think he ends up a starter anywhere unless hes backing up someone who gets injured. A team like Jax isn't going to tout him as their QB of the future, and that franchise clearly isn't worried about impressing right now. Minnesota is clearly serviceable with Cassel in so just like Jax they wouldn't try to sell Freeman as the QB of the future either. I actually think he ends up in AZ at some point in the near future, but that's just me.

Zona's not a bad call. Bring him in as a backup and see how things go.

I read somewhere that Jacksonville already said they weren't interested. They're idiots, as Freeman with one leg is better than Gabbert or Henne. But with Jacksonville's horrid o-line, Freeman should be thankful.

I guess once the Raiders can verify he's really in the NFL's drug program they'll sign him. Oh wait, Al's dead.

Edited by Tripleshot

I read somewhere that Jacksonville already said they weren't interested. They're idiots, as Freeman with one leg is better than Gabbert or Henne. But with Jacksonville's horrid o-line, Freeman should be thankful.

I guess once the Raiders can verify he's really in the NFL's drug program they'll sign him. Oh wait, Al's dead.

While the bolded statement above is true, I'm sure that the Jags are fully aware of it as well. I just don't believe that they are trying to win games right now...they are already jockeying for position in next year's draft.

While the bolded statement above is true, I'm sure that the Jags are fully aware of it as well. I just don't believe that they are trying to win games right now...they are already jockeying for position in next year's draft.

exactly. that's why the # of teams are limited. it has to be a team that doesn't have a chance for a high pick. and teams like Buffalo, tenn and the jets and some others are not going to want to bring someone in who would compete with their current qb

Let's not overlook that Freeman in his career has put up some brilliant numbers over extended periods more than once in his short career to date.

As a QB needy GM and knowing I can sign him for peanuts right now, I'd be sorely tested to take him for a test spin and seeing if he can be fixed rather than relying completely on the rolling of the dice that is trying to draft a franchise QB.

There's a very real possibility you could fix a QB issue and fill another hole with the high draft pick you intend to use at that position next year.

Edited by Bronco Billy