[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray Rice to be 'focal point'

Deadwood

Here's some nice choir-preaching to all fellow Rice owners. According to Harbaugh, as per Rotoworld, Rice will be focal point of the Ravens O moving forward.

"We need to get Ray involved in every single way. Passing game, run game, every single way. It's definitely important for us, we want to do that every single week, and obviously we did not do a good job of that on Sunday."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4645/ray-rice

Here's the question: hasn't this been obvious from the get-go? Why is it that regardless of whether Cameron or Caldwell is the OC, Ray Rice gets underutilized? I am not a Rice owner this year but can't fathom why it takes the coach 4 weeks to realize, oh wait, even though our offense has been gutted we still have a stud RB to lean on.

I have had a bad feeling about his durability this year...for one I feel that way about a lot of workhorse backs with the shortened training camp and also the fact that he is fresh off a superbowl win to where a lot of players naturally take it easy in the offseason...it is natural for a person to do this...plus he has been healthy for almost too long since his start in the NFL...I could be wrong but I just don't see him holding up if he is getting 25+ touches a game...which is where this is likely headed

I have had a bad feeling about his durability this year...for one I feel that way about a lot of workhorse backs with the shortened training camp and also the fact that he is fresh off a superbowl win to where a lot of players naturally take it easy in the offseason...it is natural for a person to do this...plus he has been healthy for almost too long since his start in the NFL...I could be wrong but I just don't see him holding up if he is getting 25+ touches a game...which is where this is likely headed

Rice has never had injury issues before and doesn't seem to take big hits. He's one of the very few RBs with whom I have no durability concenrs. That he's missed some time this year has been surprising, but if he's back fully this game, he only missed two and a half games(although he played last week). He'll be fine. I'm more concerned with AP staying healthy than Rice tbh.

Edited by Tripleshot

Rice has never had injury issues before and doesn't seem to take big hits. He's one of the very few RBs with whom I have no durability concenrs. That he's missed some time this year has been surprising, but if he's back fully this game, he only missed two and a half games(although he played last week). He'll be fine. I'm more concerned with AP staying healthy than Rice tbh.

I always fear a rb's health after winning a superbowl

Here's the question: hasn't this been obvious from the get-go? Why is it that regardless of whether Cameron or Caldwell is the OC, Ray Rice gets underutilized? I am not a Rice owner this year but can't fathom why it takes the coach 4 weeks to realize, oh wait, even though our offense has been gutted we still have a stud RB to lean on.

The love affair with Joe's huge, but terribly inaccurate arm is a very odd and somewhat inexplicable thing.