[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Vetoed

T-Scorp

10 team league NPPR standard scoring. $20 entry fee. 1st year "work" league.

Aaron Rodgers and Roddy White for Andrew Luck and Julius Thomas.

Commish stated that it was unfair as Rodgers and White were 1st and 3rd round picks while Luck was 10th and Thomas was FA.

No collusion suspected just felt owner was being taken advantage of and if allowed league would not be fun.

Aslo stated "If you ask anyone who knows anything about fantasy football they will all agree that this trade is no where close to being fair"

I told him I would post here as there are many who have FF knowledge.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Commish needs to let the managers manage. I'd never give up Rodgers and Roddy for that...but I'd wouldn't prevent someone from it.

I consider it dropping dead weight and Rodgers for Luck and Julius...depending on my lineup I would consider it...

It is not the commissioner's place to impose his opinions of players' values in determining whether or not to use his veto powers.

If there is evidence of collusion...by all means. Short of that, let the owners manage their own teams.

Your commissioner is 100% incorrect (wrong about vetoing the trade, wrong about the relative value of the players, and wrong about his delusional obligation to be the enforcer of fun). Tell him that's the opinion of someone who has been playing in multiple leagues each year since about 1991, and has been a Commissioner for a long time as well. He is the type of Commishioner who ruins leagues. Sucks that you are running into this with co-workers.

• Like 1

Who had week 5 for the first "trade veto" thread.

Agree with the others, trade should not be vetoed, not the commish jobs. Have been commish for almost 20 years and while all trades require our approval (in part to track things like draft picks that were included) we've NEVER stopped a trade, or even considered it.

Your commissioner is 100% incorrect (wrong about vetoing the trade, wrong about the relative value of the players, and wrong about his delusional obligation to be the enforcer of fun). Tell him that's the opinion of someone who has been playing in multiple leagues each year since about 1991, and has been a Commissioner for a long time as well. He is the type of Commishioner who ruins leagues. Sucks that you are running into this with co-workers.

This.

Tell him that you asked a bunch of guys who know a little something about FF and they all agreed that he's a moran.

And that.

He is convinced that 90 out of 100 owners would prefer Rodger/ R White over Luck/J Thomas going forward for the rest of the year.

Depends on who team A has at TE. If he has no one and the WW is picked clean, then he's getting a good TE1 and a decent QB replacement. White is toast.

I have figured out where the commissoner is coming from..... 1. He feels that the trade with Rodgers and a healthy White greatly exceeds the value of Luck and J. Thomas. 2. Without the rosters, what is the competitive balance... that is... does this create a Uber team?

The post does not provide enough information to make a fair and ACCURATE read of the trade. Therefore, please post rosters if possible.

Edited by ajh2

I have figured out where the commissoner is coming from..... 1. He feels that the trade with Rodgers and a healthy White greatly exceeds the value of Luck and J. Thomas. 2. Without the rosters, what is the competitive balance... that is... does this create a Uber team?

The post does not provide enough information to make a fair and ACCURATE read of the trade. Therefore, please post rosters if possible.

His job is not to hold hands with team owners

He is convinced that 90 out of 100 owners would prefer Rodger/ R White over Luck/J Thomas going forward for the rest of the year.

He might be right...but that doesnt matter one iota. If it isnt collusion, let it stand.

Also, he is not right. I could make an argument that either side of that teade is the winner.

Couldn't be said better! (bold letters)

Edited by Scorcher

The post does not provide enough information to make a fair and ACCURATE read of the trade

Actually, it does.

Therefore, please post rosters if possible.

Irrelevant.

Not the commissioners job to impose his interpretation of player values on paying GM's.

• Like 1

The trade is lop sided I think, but as a commish of a league I'd never veto this. I can see logic for moving on this deal. However, if I was shopping both Rogers and White seems to be he could get a bigger haul. This owner sounds like a bottom feeder, which we need those. :brow: