[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Players You May Be Giving Up On After Week 5

Wiseman155

Stafford has been pretty mediocre thus far. Haven't given up obviously, but I hope he turns it on.

He's top 5 in every league I'm in, and that's without Calvin for one of those games. What are your expectations for a guy drafted where you drafted him?

I would never own Matt Schaub, but wow, that team looked awful in every way last night. From supposed Super Bowl contender to that performance. Pure puke.

Meanwhile... I give up on Jared Cook, Ben Tate & DeAndre Hopkins.

Ben Tate? He performs better than a lot of RB2s RIGHT NOW. Gotta wait on Ben Tate emergency spot start him and hop Arian Foster goes down sometime this season. I mean why draft him otherwise? Did you really think Arian would take the year off or Tate would beat him out? You drafted him for patience.

Nothing. Giving up on Gronk makes absolutely no sense at this point. Ride it out hope he returns for your playoffs. I think he will be back this week which according to Gronk and his agent was ALWAYS the plan.

Exactly. All the information I read before the season started said his most likely return date would be mid-October. Anyone who drafted him shouldn't have expected to have him in their lineup before now.

Edited by dino88

My starting QB in a new 6 point all TDs this year that I felt was a "steal" in round 5.....Tom Brady....Never owned him, ever in all his years and i decided to draft him this year.....To say the least if he would ve performed at about average 20 points a game, I'd be 3-2 after this week instead of 1-4......

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

lmao at the guy who said he is disappointed with Stafford when he has been one of the top 5 fantasy QB's this year. One bad start and you forget the previous 4 weeks? Are you expecting Peyton Manning numbers week to week? lmao anyways.....

Lamar Miller: Gonna wait it out and see,still too early to cut

Cam Newton. I just needed 2 points out of him in the 2nd half of that game. What did he do? He went and got me negative 2 points (yes negative), finishing with a grand total of 8 points.

Have fun in free agency buddy

Edited by Ron677

So many leagues, so many different formats/sizes, etc. It's hard to put a definition on "giving up on" that any two owners would agree on, much less everybody agrees on. I would think "giving up on" simply means that you're giving up hope that the first month was an aberration, and starting to digest the idea that maybe they're just a bust this year, for whatever reason. Doesn't mean that you'll cut the player, but rather that they might not be the must-start that they normally are (in some cases). In other instances, it could mean cutting/trading said player, but again, there are too many different types of leagues to put an agreeable definition on just what "giving up" truly means. Keep in mind that some of the following are redraft, and some are dynasty:

Alfred Morris is one that comes to mind. Not that he's going to be an absolute bust, but he's certainly no RB1 that you can count on for 80 yards and/or a TD every week, either.

MJD is certainly in that category. Heck, he's worse. I would at least feel fairly comfortable starting Morris (at least for now) in most formats. Can't say the same about Jones-Drew.

I don't have Bowe in any of my leagues (that's a miracle in itself), but if I did, I'd be somewhat worried, although Bowe has always been inconsistent/streaky to a certain extent.

Doug Martin... Again, he's startable, but I'm tending to think there's no way he comes close to repeating last year's numbers, particularly with the mess they have at QB now.

David Wilson... This one is probably stating the obvious. Getting closer and closer to bust territory each and every week, although he's explosive enough that he'll still have some decent weeks where he'll break a score. He's just not somebody who's likely going to pan out as a feature-type back, IMO.

McFadden... He just can't be counted on to stay healthy, plain and simple. Too bad.

Lamar Miller... Brutal. He'll stay on my roster (it's a dynasty league), but I'm not sure I'll start him again anytime soon (and my other options are nothing special... Powell, Bernard, Vereen, etc.).

Mark Ingram... Even more brutal.

Chris Ivory... Never quite bought into the hype. Glad I grabbed Powell in a few leagues instead.

I'm sure there's more, but those are some that come to mind. I probably have an equally long list of guys that I'm glad I didn't "give up" on (Decker, Witten, Jeffery, etc.). Not that I even considered it, but a lot of people were worried about them (particularly Decker).

• Like 1

Cam Newton. I just needed 2 points out of him in the 2nd half of that game. What did he do? He went and got me negative 2 points (yes negative), finishing with a grand total of 8 points.

Have fun in free agency buddy

Cutting newton? Short bench in a 6 team league?

Kaepernick without question. They are finding their identity as a running team, and Kaepernick is little more than a game manager right now. He has the ability, but they will not be in many situations where they'll need Kaepernick to chuck it 30+ times. I had actually picked up Brian Hoyer and was prepared to anoint him my QB1 until he tore his ACL. There are a lot of QBs I'd rather have right now besides Kaepernick. I'm trying to trade for Cutler right now simply because his offense will give him opportunities, and he's one of the cheaper options that will probably suffice for low end QB1 production as his floor with a lot of upside with Jeffery and Bennett both emerging.