[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Players You May Be Giving Up On After Week 5

Wiseman155

Just Interested in seeing what people are thinking.

I'm not giving up on AJ Green because he is really the only player on the team with breakaway talent. Also, in PPR leagues, he is putting up numbers even though not close to his projections.

I am however giving up on Marques Colston. I shouldn't need to explain myself there.

Tom Terrific is iffy. I'm on the border.

Anyone else?

Please better define "giving up on"? Do you mean waive? Are you cutting Colston? I feel he's too good to drop (WR1 on a fabulous offense). Or do you mean try to move. The challenge with guys like Colston is their value is currently so low. I am sure there's some owner in your league that would relieve you of him for an Ace Sanders-like player.

I have Bowe in a few leagues, and depending my waiver positions and the players available, may let him go. He's obviously not a key component on a team that doesn't throw down field, relies on controlling the clock and defense.

What am I missing here?

Kidding. But I am slightly concerned about him returning to the field (before I'm mathematically eliminated from playoff contention). I think everyone assumed a week 4 return after leaving him off IR, some rust, and full gronk mode by week 6. Every week it's an improvement (or so say the reports), and then by Thursday/Friday we hear: little chance of gronk playing this week. So no, not giving up on him, but frustrating to say the least.

Mjd could be up there, the jags stink.

Sorry it's less about or sit but more about expectations. I might start Colston just because I have no one better. But if I do, I won't expect anything from him. If he gives me a great game one week, I'll be thrilled. But if he does what he did this week next week, it won't bother me as much as has.

That's my definition of "giving up on".

Just Interested in seeing what people are thinking.

I'm not giving up on AJ Green because he is really the only player on the team with breakaway talent. Also, in PPR leagues, he is putting up numbers even though not close to his projections.

I am however giving up on Marques Colston. I shouldn't need to explain myself there.

Tom Terrific is iffy. I'm on the border.

Anyone else?

Ryan Useless Mathews

• Like 1

Has anyone mentioned Ryan Mathews yet?

Fortunately, I have.........

Shane Vereen (oh wait.... :bag:)

Monte Ball :bag:

Ahmad Bradshaw :bag:

Willis McGahee to replace Mathews in my line up in one of my leagues..............

Someone please shoot me now!! :sad::bash::doh::scared::pullhair::bag:

Edited by Big Dogs

Any Ram offensive player. I have Givens, Cook, and Richardson scattered across multiple teams. Scam Bradford would rather throw to Pettis and Lance Kendricks and that o-line has not been good. (Please don't point out Stacy's 70 yards this past weekend. It was against the Jags. Doesnt count.)

I managed to trade Bowe and Cook this week...probably dropping or trading MJD...

Too early to outright release MJD. Ya, his 70 yards were against the Rams. But the more Blackmon and Shorts stretch the field, the less 8 men in the box he'll see.

Too early to outright release MJD. Ya, his 70 yards were against the Rams. But the more Blackmon and Shorts stretch the field, the less 8 men in the box he'll see.

Yeahhh...that will probably prevent me from dropping him but if I can trade...I will

I am giving up on myself :kicksrock:

This has been the cruelest year in memory. Between the injuries (SJax, Megatron #1 pick and underperforming, Vereen, Ballard) and betting on the wrong horses (Kaepernick, Bowe, Wilson, DRich).

Oh well, rooting for my J-E-T-S tonight will surely cheer me up.

I am giving up on myself :kicksrock:

This has been the cruelest year in memory. Between the injuries (SJax, Megatron #1 pick and underperforming, Vereen, Ballard) and betting on the wrong horses (Kaepernick, Bowe, Wilson, DRich).

Oh well, rooting for my J-E-T-S tonight will surely cheer me up.

Glad you mentioned Kaepernick. chives that guy.