[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Twin Cities Huddlers :brew: <=== ?

darin3

Now that the Vikings have a real QB ... :unsure: .... it's time to get together for long-awaited :brew: drinking and :pop: wing eating.

I've been up here over a year and have had the pleasure of hangin' out with the likes of alexgaddis, peteteacher (who himself is a recent transplant) and Ursa (who I'm not sure is even 'round these parts anymore :sad:).

I know there's a handful of y'all out there, and we've had a few back-and-forths about getting together, but dang it's already coming up on Week 6. We need to do this!

So, what say ye?

2V? Gaddis? Nun? Itals? Moss? All the rest of you northerners! Heck, even Gopher and the Rochester contingent should make the drive! :brew:

Pick a BWW and let's do this. Not sure about this weekend since I have already "scheduled with the wife" that I'll be getting inebriated and stuffed full of chicken wings for the OU/UT tilt on Saturday.

Let's get something planned!

Edited by darin3

The closest BWW to me is in Oak Park Height near Stillwater, so I'm guessing we'd have to pick a more central location. I know 2V prefers the one on Robert Street near the armory.

The one in Roseville might be a good choice. It's near the mall, but I think it's centrally located for most of the twin cities contingent. As for which weekends are best, it's kind of a wait and see for me since my wife's grandmother is doing pretty poorly and we've been trying to help out her mom with things. But pick a weekend and as long as I have enough advance notice I should be able to swing it.

FYI - the Vikings play on Monday night in a couple of weeks, so if we're planning on seeing a VIkes game while we're there just keep that in mind.

And Ursa is still around.

The one in Roseville would be ideal for me, actually. Peteteacher lives nearby and Gaddis could have his wifey drop him off again :unsure:

Unfortunately I can't do MNF. I work until 8:30pm and our peak season is coming up which means I could be there well past 9:30. :sad:

• Like 1

Happy to attend based on what kidlings have going on the evening in question, but we're coming up on a sweet spot after football/volleyball/soccer season and before basketball season gets going so odds are good.

Also, with all the Roseville love above, I'd like to personally invite each and every one of you to the Joe Senser's in Roseville on Thursday, October 17 (one week from this Thursday). KFAN and Bud Light send me to various bars around the Twin Cities to answer fantasy football questions, plus we give away stuff--the big prize(s) being a $100 gift certificate to the Vikings Locker Room at Mall of America and/or Vikings tickets. Also some t-shirts, can coolers, bottle openers, etc. And I'll bring a supply of Huddle draft day pens (highlighter on one side, ink pen on the other) to hand out to Huddlers in attendance. I'll arrive around 6:00, we usually kick things off around 6:15, drawing is at 7:15 and then the KFAN crew usually cuts out. I can start lobbying now for a little extra get out of jail free time that evening and hang through at least the first half of the NFLN game that night.

2V

The Joe Senser's is within a 2-3 minute drive of the Roseville BWW (I know cuz I went to both a couple months ago for college football Saturday).

As for next Thursday, I may be able to cut out of work for an extended dinner break (or leave work early), so 2v, you may see me then.

Let's try getting a Sunday planned before there's that white stuff on the ground.

I can't do next weekend, nor could I do the weekend of November 9th (son's 1st birthday).

So let's throw some dates out and see what the peanut gallery has to say.

October 27th

November 3rd

November 17th

My preference is October 27th. Let's do this! :brew:

Also, with all the Roseville love above, I'd like to personally invite each and every one of you to the Joe Senser's in Roseville on Thursday, October 17 (one week from this Thursday). KFAN and Bud Light send me to various bars around the Twin Cities to answer fantasy football questions, plus we give away stuff--the big prize(s) being a $100 gift certificate to the Vikings Locker Room at Mall of America and/or Vikings tickets. Also some t-shirts, can coolers, bottle openers, etc. And I'll bring a supply of Huddle draft day pens (highlighter on one side, ink pen on the other) to hand out to Huddlers in attendance. I'll arrive around 6:00, we usually kick things off around 6:15, drawing is at 7:15 and then the KFAN crew usually cuts out. I can start lobbying now for a little extra get out of jail free time that evening and hang through at least the first half of the NFLN game that night.

2V

Can't make it, work is kicking my ass this week. :kicksrock:

I fly through MSP almost every time I fly back east, but I was just there a couple months ago and don't have a real need to go back soon enough for this. Even so, I'd be tempted to fly in just for this, but the rabid Viking faithful might pummel me senseless in the parking lot afterward just for wearing a Packer jersey(oh wait, that's only in California... and Philly).

If this turns out to be a hit, I propose we get together in January and watch the playoff games while ice fishing and getting drunk off our asses. Let's be honest, that's as Minnesotan as it gets. (One of you has to have an ice shanty and kerosene heater so we don't freeze to death, right?)

I fly through MSP almost every time I fly back east, but I was just there a couple months ago and don't have a real need to go back soon enough for this. Even so, I'd be tempted to fly in just for this, but the rabid Viking faithful might pummel me senseless in the parking lot afterward just for wearing a Packer jersey(oh wait, that's only in California... and Philly).

If this turns out to be a hit, I propose we get together in January and watch the playoff games while ice fishing and getting drunk off our asses. Let's be honest, that's as Minnesotan as it gets. (One of you has to have an ice shanty and kerosene heater so we don't freeze to death, right?)

Apparently this used to be a yearly thing (maybe 2-3 times) a couple years ago. I just moved here in July of 2012 and we're trying to resurrect it.

My California/Texas-ness tries to avoid anything related to "ice", unless it's the stuff that keeps my Jack n' Cokes cold. :unsure:

But feel free to plan a long layover and we'll buy you a Juicy Lucy.

Apparently this used to be a yearly thing (maybe 2-3 times) a couple years ago. I just moved here in July of 2012 and we're trying to resurrect it.

My California/Texas-ness tries to avoid anything related to "ice", unless it's the stuff that keeps my Jack n' Cokes cold. :unsure:

But feel free to plan a long layover and we'll buy you a Juicy Lucy.

From which bar, though? Which juicy lucy is the original is as polarizing as whether to let your kid have a binky or not, or whether you should take an elite WR in the second round or a second running back. In the end it really doesn't matter, because it's a far, far cry better than saying you'll buy me some lutefisk. :sick:

From which bar, though? Which juicy lucy is the original is as polarizing as whether to let your kid have a binky or not, or whether you should take an elite WR in the second round or a second running back. In the end it really doesn't matter, because it's a far, far cry better than saying you'll buy me some lutefisk. :sick:

I've only had the ones from the 58-Club and The Nook. I've heard Matt's Bar is the way to go (per alexgaddis). It's a bit out of the way (especially now that we moved to St. Paul).

I also saw The Blue Door Pub on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and have been meaning to go. They just opened an STP location so I will probably venture that way sooner or later.

And both of our rugrats were/are tied to those damn noopies. :angry:

Edited by darin3

I've only had the ones from the 58-Club and The Nook. I've heard Matt's Bar is the way to go (per alexgaddis). It's a bit out of the way (especially now that we moved to St. Paul).

I also saw The Blue Door Pub on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and have been meaning to go. They just opened an STP location so I will probably venture that way sooner or later.

And both of our rugrats were/are tied to those damn noopies. :angry:

My son had a hard time giving up the binky. My wife decided to go cold turkey with him on a weekend that I was out of town in San Francisco. It was a looong weekend for her. It would have been better off to wait until we were both home, if for moral support more than anything. With our daughter, we decided to tell her early on that she wasn't allowed to have a binky after she was 2 years old, because then she was becoming a big girl and didn't need it anymore. We reminded her of this about once a month then a little more frequently leading up to her 2nd birthday. By the time she turned two, she gave it up without a fight.