[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Twin Cities Huddlers :brew: <=== ?

darin3

Cripes, we start by talking about getting together for a beer, and this degenerates into weaning kids of their nooks, or binkies, or whatever you want to call them. :unsure:

FYI, I live on a channel that feeds into a lake, so if I had an ice house it wouldn't be any effort to get out on the lake and go along with the beers and playoff game while on the ice. Maybe a Huddle endorsed fishing shack to advertise while on the lake? It does get a lot of traffic in the winter during fishing season. :thinking:

Cripes, we start by talking about getting together for a beer, and this degenerates into weaning kids of their nooks, or binkies, or whatever you want to call them. :unsure:

FYI, I live on a channel that feeds into a lake, so if I had an ice house it wouldn't be any effort to get out on the lake and go along with the beers and playoff game while on the ice. Maybe a Huddle endorsed fishing shack to advertise while on the lake? It does get a lot of traffic in the winter during fishing season. :thinking:

Sorry about the binky talk, but you are all Vikings fans. Perhaps there's a Ponder-binky connection of some kind.

See now, a Huddle endorsed fishing shack - not we're talking!

Sorry about the binky talk, but you are all Vikings fans. Perhaps there's a Ponder-binky connection of some kind.

See now, a Huddle endorsed fishing shack - not we're talking!

:pc: General Itals is a Cowboys fan. darin3 and Ursa Majoris are Bears fans.

(edit: peteteacher is a Rams fan. Recent move as i still had him in Illinois :bag: )

Edited by Big John

Back to the Jucy Lucy talk. I have had Matts, Blue Door, and the Nook. As far as burgers go, there is nothing better than Matts. Plus they have skinny fries and the bar atmosphere reminds me of Mr T's in my hometown. Burgers on a 50 year old flattop cast iron with volcanic cheese. Mmmmmmmmm

I live closest to the 5-8 Club and they are hit and miss. Sometimes awesome, sometimes headscratchingly bad.

The best place for wings in the Cities is just up the road. A place called D-Spot in a strip mall. Total hole in the wall place. No ambiance or chance to watch a game. But the wings are incredible and come in about 100 options.

Matts makes a great Jucy Lucy. I'm guessing they use Velveeta for the cheese, tho. My favorite is the Paul Molitor at the Nook. Ummmm, pepper jack. A perfect day is to catch breakfast at the Copper Dome across the street, head over to Grand Ave. for morning shopping/walking and then head back to The Nook for lunch. I like to sit downstairs and bowl a few frames if they have it open.

Oh, and it looks like I'm out for tonite. Gonna have to go into work afterall.

That would include this guy. I like FL and always get out there at least a few times during the hardwater season. DMD, if you want to increase exposure and advertise the site up here in God's country, order up one of these bad boys and get it pimped out with Huddle badging. I will take on the burden of providing a good home for it, care for it as though it were my own, and make sure it gets out on the lakes often. How does that sound? :)

That would include this guy. I like FL and always get out there at least a few times during the hardwater season. DMD, if you want to increase exposure and advertise the site up here in God's country, order up one of these bad boys and get it pimped out with Huddle badging. I will take on the burden of providing a good home for it, care for it as though it were my own, and make sure it gets out on the lakes often. How does that sound? :)

:shocking:

FYI, I was the only one that showed up at Tuvey's deal at Senser's last night :unsure:

Sounds like the 27th is gonna work for a lot of folks, including Mr. 2v himself, so let's go ahead and pencil (or ink?) that in.

October 27th at 12noon (I'll likely be there earlier)

Buffalo Wild Wings - Roseville

1777 West County Rd B2, Suite 215A, Roseville, MN ‎

Since Darin was the only Huddler to show up, he was the only one I could get swag for; I think we gave him a DVD or something. And I think the Bud rep bought his first beer as well. More dates on the docket, including next Thursday at the Champps in New Brighton. Anyone identifying themselves as a Huddler to me will definitely get dibs on the swag we bring (KFAN t-shirts, DVDs, etc.). It's the least I can do, and never let it be said I didn't do the least I could do.

2V

Sunday huh? I think I can make it work...as long as next time we meet for happy hour after work for a game...

I was going to call you last night to see if you wanted to go to the new BWW in St. Paul on Snelling but it was way last minute and I went with 2 work buddies and all we talked about was work. :sad:

Glad to hear y'all are down for Sunday!

Back to the Jucy Lucy talk. I have had Matts, Blue Door, and the Nook. As far as burgers go, there is nothing better than Matts. Plus they have skinny fries and the bar atmosphere reminds me of Mr T's in my hometown. Burgers on a 50 year old flattop cast iron with volcanic cheese. Mmmmmmmmm

I live closest to the 5-8 Club and they are hit and miss. Sometimes awesome, sometimes headscratchingly bad.

The best place for wings in the Cities is just up the road. A place called D-Spot in a strip mall. Total hole in the wall place. No ambiance or chance to watch a game. But the wings are incredible and come in about 100 options.

Matts makes a great Jucy Lucy. I'm guessing they use Velveeta for the cheese, tho. My favorite is the Paul Molitor at the Nook. Ummmm, pepper jack. A perfect day is to catch breakfast at the Copper Dome across the street, head over to Grand Ave. for morning shopping/walking and then head back to The Nook for lunch. I like to sit downstairs and bowl a few frames if they have it open.

Oh, and it looks like I'm out for tonite. Gonna have to go into work afterall.

If you ever get down to my neck of the woods, go to Buffalo Tap in Savage. Great burgers, great fries, great cheese curds, great beer... their Juicy Lucy's are awesome, and you can get them made from either beef, buffalo, or elk.

If you ever get down to my neck of the woods, go to Buffalo Tap in Savage. Great burgers, great fries, great cheese curds, great beer... their Juicy Lucy's are awesome, and you can get them made from either beef, buffalo, or elk.

And I'll see you guys Sunday!

:tup:

I would really like to make this one. It's my weekend to work and it's the night shift, so I need to see how work goes this weekend. I might be able to make an appearance during the late games. Note: Have fishouse (portable), will travel. You don't have to go far to catch fish and I second the Buffalo Tap!!!

Man, I really, really miss these. For all that Washington State touts itself as a dairy state, you can't find curds anywhere, damn it. Batter-fried cheese curds are the food of the gods!