[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Falcons Coach on hot seat?

Team Archer

Roddy White hasn't been healthy all year. Stephen Jackson's been out most of the year. Most of the Falcons linebacking corp is injured. I agree a 1-4 start is pathetic, but methinks what we're really seeing here is the difference injuries can make on your season.

Roddy White hasn't been healthy all year. Stephen Jackson's been out most of the year. Most of the Falcons linebacking corp is injured. I agree a 1-4 start is pathetic, but methinks what we're really seeing here is the difference injuries can make on your season.

Agree.

LT Sam Baker has been hurt too, and I think they lost one or two o-line starters from last year. :unsure:

Stephen Jackson's been out most of the year.

I think White being banged up is huge. But count me as one who thought Jackson was one of the most over-rated signings of the off-season. When Atlanta traded up for Julio, they struck me as a team that was going for a greatest show on turf sort of thing. I guess it's hard to be too critical of that; but now they have aging players in a couple key positions on O and a defense that has always seemed like a temporary fix.

How about Nolan blitz a little on that last drive. Let's see. Smith really struggles under pressure. He has been killing you all night when he has time. I have an idea. Let's rush only 3 or 4 guys all the way down the field from their 20 all the way deep into our territory. Gruden kept saying I expect a blitz...and they never blitzed. They let Geno be very comfortable back there.

The way to handle that last drive was to blitz 6 guys, and get up tight on the receivers so he couldn't do quick slants and dumpoffs. Then if he beat you on good throws down the field, so be it. Instead idiot Nolan decided the best way was rush 3 or 4 and drop into soft zones. Just stupid. No other way to spin it.

On the other side, great win for the Jets. They are better than anyone thought. Could win 8 games this season. Good for them.

Edited by giantsfan

If he kicks FG's instead of going for it on fourth down, the Falcons may be 3-2.

If he kicks FG's instead of going for it on fourth down, the Falcons may be 3-2.

Yep.

That coach is a moron. You have a chance to gain some momentum going into half. You eschew the field goal attempt and get bailed out by the football gods with the penalty. You piss in the face of the football gods AGAIN and try to go for a TD.

No wonder they keep losing. :lol:

• Like 1

This doesn't explain how they let the Jets hang 30 on them while making Geno Smith (a guy who had committed 11 turnovers coming into the game) look like a pro bowler. Frankly, their defense just isn't all that good. And neither is their coaching.

This doesn't explain how they let the Jets hang 30 on them while making Geno Smith (a guy who had committed 11 turnovers coming into the game) look like a pro bowler. Frankly, their defense just isn't all that good. And neither is their coaching.

Can't get edit to work, but I wanted to add that the line backing injuries alone seem unlikely to explain last night's performance. And Captain Hook was spot on - if Mike Smith makes the correct call and kicks FGs instead of going for it on fourth down, the Falcons just might be 3-2.