[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Harvin or Crabtree?

joeyc

• 3 weeks later...

I'm interested in this question as well, or more specifically what both bring to the table once they're back in uniform.

I looked at 2012 statistics on both. Crabtree had a great season, especially after the re-insurgence of a new qb (kap), and percy of course missed a few games, but both had a respectable yd/g at 69 and 75.

Is it worth staff anyone of these guys? Has the dynamic change is the offense in both of these teams and in what way?

I've got a lot of questions, but was hoping to brainstorm with you all.

Thanks in advance.

Harvin is one of the most dynamic players in the league. If he is healthy and on the field, it's a no-brainer in my eyes. He wont on pace to being a top 5 WR last season with Ponder throwing to him. Not saying he will put up top 5 numbers, but the guy is a beast.

I have a different stance on these guys, but opinions vary and mine appears to be in the minority..

Depends on how long you can wait.. Harvin is expected back within the next two weeks, however remember - this is a new team and a new offense. He doesn't have much of any "game" experience with Wilson - not saying they didn't build something in the offseason though.

Crabtree on the other hand plays in an offense he knows well, and was solid last season with Kaepernick. However the reports are that he's still 4ish weeks away..

If you're looking for someone to play as soon as possible, Harvin is your guy. If you're looking for a solid play for a stretch run into the playoff's, If you have the room to hold him and the depth to carry you, I'd go with Crabtree.

Edited by Shorttynaz

I have a different stance on these guys, but opinions vary and mine appears to be in the minority..

Depends on how long you can wait.. Harvin is expected back within the next two weeks, however remember - this is a new team and a new offense. He doesn't have much of any "game" experience with Wilson - not saying they didn't build something in the offseason though.

Crabtree on the other hand plays in an offense he knows well, and was solid last season with Kaepernick. However the reports are that he's still 4ish weeks away..

If you're looking for someone to play as soon as possible, Harvin is your guy. If you're looking for a solid play for a stretch run into the playoff's, If you have the room to hold him and the depth to carry you, I'd go with Crabtree.

Crabtree is a good option and I cant argue with what you said about him. But in regards to Harvin, he is a "get the ball in his hands" type of WR and let him do the rest. He catches passes at the line, end-a-rounds, etc. I'm a big Harvin guy and dont see him havign any problem transitioning into any offense.