[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miles Austin or T. Williams ROS?

Knarl

Which Cowboys receiver do you think will have greater ROS value from here on out? I picked up Williams at 9 AM last Sunday and plugged him in over the injured Megatron, to surprising results. Which one is more worth stashing for injury plugins/trade high potential?

I don't expect Austin to get healthy/stay healthy enough to be a fantasy factor. That said, Williams is only a 3rd option at best, and he did all his damage this past week on 4 targets(he caught all 4, including 2 long ones). He's not going to get bombs every week, nor is he going to catch 4 balls on 4 targets. Hell, he'll probably even run a wrong hot route again at least once and cost Romo an interception. So to answer the orginal question, I'd say neither.

Williams was drafted because I believe the cowboys are tired of Austin's inability to stay healthy. It's only a matter of time till they cut bait with him.

I give it till the off season where they out right release him. Keep Williams.

this. just don't forget either is going to be no better than 3rd on the team behind Dez and Witten most every week. Romo's not going to be heaving it every wk like he did against Denver obviously

Williams went 7/71 on 8 targets (one fumble lost) the week before, not sure I saw that Dallas game (@SD) were they throwing it a lot then too, mostly deep passes for Williams?

From what I've seen/know I'd rather have Williams than Austin who cannot stay healthy. Nobody is expeting him to out perform Bryany or Witten.

I think Williams is one of Jerrah's guys, so you should factor that in. If he plays well this weekend I'd consider him WR3 material for the ROS, regardless of what happens with Austin.

Who was that bad QB before Romo that was also one of Jerrah's guys? We used to joke that he was one of Jerrah's illegimate sons. Help me out Big John, who was that?

fwiw Miles practiced in full last 2 days

I don't own him but hopefully this means he's healed up. I would guess though that he's out there even if he's not, realizing that he needs to get back in the game to 1) maintain his place in the WR pecking order, and 2) build up his resume/marketability for next year. His future salary goes down if he gets displaced by a rookie.

According to a doctor on ESPN who came to talk about Miles Austin, he will keep reinjuring his hamstring over and over and over because after you injure it a couple times scar tissue grows back which is much weaker than healthy tissue. The more you injure it the more scar tissue grows back and the weaker it gets. He has already injured it so many times and it will only keep getting worse and more frequent. Miles Austin's career is as good as done.

Terrance Williams all the way.

Absent of snap counts, that nice TD catch by TW last night might start swaying Romo's trust, if not already. TW went 2/2 on targets/catches, and Austin was 0/4 (and to be fair, 1 or 2 of those to MA were in the turf, throw-aways). Hard for Austin to keep/re-earn that trust when he's not in the lineup making big plays. Season is still somewhat young, and a lot can change still. But I'm glad I picked up TW after last week, and would rather have him stashed instead of Austin.