[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Megatron

tony2345

Anyone concerned with this knee injury? just saw this on rotoworld. I was offered him and woodhead for jordy and gore, but i would be really mad if the injury turned out to be serious.

Calvin Johnson (knee) is not expected to practice at all this week.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Johnson has swelling in his knee and is headed for another game-time call. It's certainly not a death blow to his Week 6 status. Coach Jim Schwartz has already said that Megatron doesn't need to practice in order to play, and added that he often excelled at less than 100 percent last season. The best news is that the Lions play the Browns at 1pm ET Sunday, meaning we'll know Johnson's status by noon.

Edited by tony2345

I'm going to bench him in favor of DeMarco Murray. If he does play, he'll have Joe Haden all up in his business. If Johnson wasn't nursing the injury, I'd probably just start him since he is other-worldly and would just beat Haden.... but Haden + injury = look elsewhere... especially if you have near-stud or solid options.

If you're thinking of using a waiver wire pickup or a WR3 type in his stead, that's different. If he's good to go, he's startable.

A member of one of my leagues made a strange trade earlier this week concerning Calvin.

After the Julio Jones news broke, with full knowledge that he was likely out for the year he traded Calvin and DeMarco for Charles and Julio.

Obviously this seemed odd so I asked if he knew something about Julio I didn't? He responded "maybe I know something about Calvin you don't"

While I have no reliable source or further information it is worth noting he works for a small news agency in the Chicago area. I'm really curious to see how this develops.

Heck yeah I'm concerned. In a 12 teamer, I went against my instincts and took Calvin at 1.10 during a torrid RB run of the first 9 picks. Came back around at 2.3 and reached for SJax.

So YTD, I've gotten Shisterhosen from my first two picks. I have my doubts that Megatron will suddenly catch fire. He's definitely hobbled.

Heck yeah I'm concerned. In a 12 teamer, I went against my instincts and took Calvin at 1.10 during a torrid RB run of the first 9 picks. Came back around at 2.3 and reached for SJax.

So YTD, I've gotten Shisterhosen from my first two picks. I have my doubts that Megatron will suddenly catch fire. He's definitely hobbled.

I did the same thing in a league with "industry experts", :unsure: so I'm even more screwed than normal. Fortunately I have Romo, Fred Jackson and a couple other guys that have been performing well.

Now, if Megatron and S-Jax come back healthy, they could put up massive numbers. Big if.

I'm a little concerned, got burned with his 0 last week but still won my game. Had no idea he might not play so didn't even bother to check (was out of town and busy that morning without much access to the net).

I'll probably leave him in my line-up this week. My only other options are Reuben Randle (NYG tonight) and Edelman. WR is my strength with him, DemThomas and Fitz, so I'd hate to be without him again (Witten and my kicker won't cover his point loss every week).

More concerned it could be a problem all year, so maybe he sits another game and is good to go next week (his bye is week 9).

As for Haden, saw him on the news last night, he commented how Calvin is huge, big, powerful, strong and hard to deal with. "You just try do what you can to slow him down." Unless Calvin cannot move or jump at all, a TD is still a good possibility as he is much taller than any DB that the Browns have to cover him.

I was concerned last week. Calvin is a really tough dude who doesn't miss games - for him to miss a big divisional matchup was a shocker. I have some worries that its a significant knee injury that either doesn't get better without a few weeks off, or gets reaggravated when he plays.

also swapping gore and woodhead. its PPR, so i think i am ok with that until SJax comes back. I also have Charles as my other RB. Other WR's are a brown, vjax, and gordon. we start 2 rb 2 wr and a flex so i would be ok putting a decent roster out. Didn't want to make this an advice column, just wanted people's thoughts on tron. I will probabyl make the deal though.

Word is Megatron practiced on Thursday but is still uncertain to play on Sunday.

If I were a Calvin owner I'd be worried. As someone else already pointed out, he doesn't miss games. To see him miss this last weekend's game speaks volumes. The issue is what to do with him. He's so damn good when he does play, that you just gotta sit him down and weather the storm and hope he's back down the stretch. I doubt you'd get fair market value for him in a trade currently.

Edited by Tripleshot

Yeah, but that word is "limited". And by limited, I mean VERY limited. According to Rotoworld's report, he did barely anything:

http://www.rotoworld.../calvin-johnson

I guess you can hold out some hope because being the vet that he is, he really doesn't even have to do "limited work" for him to still play. So maybe a glimmer of hope...

If I were a Calvin owner I'd be worried. As someone else already pointed out, he doesn't miss games. To see him miss this last weekend's game speaks volumes.

Word is that he really wanted to play and was lobbying to get onto the field. So, I can't imagine him being worse this week after having a week off. But he does still have swelling in his knee.

If he plays he's in my line-up, only other option is Edelman (could have used Randle last night but wasn't going to do that so early in the week). Or somebody off waivers, which are thin and no more likely to score points than a hobbled Calvin or Edelman.

As far as Haden, he cannot really shutdown such a big guy. He can limit him, but even at less than 100% I could see him getting 75yd/TD.

If he sits out again, and is limited in practice again next week, then I'm really starting to worry. But in my keeper league there's no way I trade him, would not get good value and he's still a stud next year.

Word is that he really wanted to play and was lobbying to get onto the field. So, I can't imagine him being worse this week after having a week off. But he does still have swelling in his knee.

Of course that's what he's going to say... players don't have to tell the truth.

And why couldn't it be worse after a week off? Perhaps the "limited" work he did actually made it worse. Unlikely, but possible.

I'll trade you Djax or Fitz right now for Calvin. No more worrying about how bad his knee might be. :brow:

I know you're joking. If this were a Gronkowski situation and he was supposedly "coming back" but didn't dress for half the season it would be different. People are flipping out bc he missed one week and has produced well so far other than that.

On top of that, the Lions in-house reporter said yesterday that he likes his chances to play on Sunday. He's the best WR in the NFL....no need to panic over one week.

Edited by Endzone Is Near