[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears-Gmen thread

HowboutthemCowboys

I should correct myself on one thing that I said earlier. I stated that Dallas had control of the division... For some reason, I was thinking that they had a lead in the division, but that's not really the case. They're actually tied with Philly (but PHI has the tie-breaker currently, due to more division wins), and a half-game in front of WAS. The next two weeks should produce a front-runner in the East, although if they beat up on each other as usual, it might not create much separation.

I guess I was just thinking Dallas had the best record, because they've lost a couple of close games (all three to the AFC West), and the rest of the division has looked pretty pathetic so far.

Well 2 of Dallas' losses were against top 5 teams - the Chiefs and the Broncos and they only lost by 1 and 3 points respectively. I have little doubt that they will easily emerge as the top in their division.

I wish I had your optimism Gopher. I really do. And I do not consider myself a glass empty guy. The giants DO have players (Eli first and foremost), but even if Peyton was back there, with the OL aging and not keeping Eli clean and a defense surrendering an obscene amount of points, I don't think Peyton would win many games. Eli is trying to carry the team but is failing (through no lack of effort). He should - he is the team leader. But when your best RB is Brandon freaking Jacobs - someone NOBODY wanted - and you have no TE, Randle is still a work in progress and Nciks is trying not to get hurt before his payday, it adds up to a long season. My % would be:

Minnesota - 40% chance to win.

@ Philadelphia - 20% chance to win

Oakland - 75% chance to win (more if Pryor is not the QB)

GB - 10% chance to win (and that is generous)

Dallas - 30% chance to win (only because of the rivalry)

@ Washington - 30% chance to win (less if RG III reverts back to 2012 RG III)

@ San Diego - 40% chance to win (although I am sure Rivers would want to run up the score on them)

Seattle - 20% chance to win (only because Seattle does not travel well to the East Coast)

@ Detroit - 20% chance to win (higher if Megatron is out. If in, he has a career day)

Washington - 30% to win

Could they turn it around and build off of the Chicago game? Sure. They need the OL to play that well every game - if not better - and for Eli to protect the ball. They also need a pass rush. I stand by my 3-13 prediction although I actually think it will be less.

I would say it's something more like this:

Minnesota - 60% chance to win

@Philadelphia 55% chance to win

Oakland 45% chance to win

GB 5% chance to win

Dallas 25% chance to win

@Washington 65% chance to win

@San Diego 20% chance to win

Seattle 20% chance to win

@Detroit 30% chance to win

Washington 70% chance to win

So that's about 5 games where they have a decent shot at winning imo

Edited by Ron677

Well 2 of Dallas' losses were against top 5 teams - the Chiefs and the Broncos and they only lost by 1 and 3 points respectively. I have little doubt that they will easily emerge as the top in their division.

Pretty much what I said, although past history tells me that nobody runs away with the NFC East (unless there is an elite and clear-cut front-runner). Dallas may be arguably the front-runner, but I don't think they're necessarily an elite team (capable of going 12-4 or better, for example). Like I said, the next two weeks should tell a lot. If Dallas takes care of business against WAS and PHI, they could/should run away with the division. But, if they stumble in one or both of those games, it might come down to the final weeks of the season (like it seems to, more often than not).

• 1 month later...

Don't look now, but NY is in the middle of the NFC East race. Big game against Dallas (at NY) this week, followed by a trip to WAS (the Skins continue to look bad). It would not surprise me at all if the Giants are 6-6 in two weeks. That said, even though that might tie them with Dallas, they both still might be a game back of Philly (who is currently 6-5, and hosts Arizona after their Week 11 bye).

The Giants are right in the mix, although the rest of their schedule isn't easy... Other than playing WAS twice, they host Dallas and Seattle, and travel to San Diego and Detroit. But, with Manning playing better (he couldn't have played worse) than he did the first six weeks, the defense finally showing up, and the resurgence of a running game with Andre Brown, they should at least make things interesting in that division (for everybody other than the Skins).

I take back what I said about Dallas easily emerging as the division winner. I expected more and now that Sean Lee is out this team will fall apart. That guy gets injured every year and every time it happens the Cowboys instantly become worse. That defense was utterly useless against the Saints after Sean Lee went down.

I put the Eagles and the Giants ahead of them now. Giants have been vastly improved lately especially on defense. They're now playing like the defense I thought they would be coming into the season. Offense still sucks but its making less turnovers at least.

Edited by Ron677