[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What should the Skins change their name to.

Cowboyz1

The Washington Red Skin Potatoes. Still keeps the name

The Washington Nationals (tie in with baseball)

The Washington Generals. You can go political/historical or the Globetrotters opponent that also never wins (zing!).

I read this somewhere else so not my idea:

The Washington Reskins because they have no D.

Edited by Wpob
  • Like 1

The Washington N-words.

Actually, from the Native American's perspective, that is precisely why they want the named changed. The word "Redskins" was used the same as the N word was used to humiliate blacks. In fact, the Native Americans have a strong argument that it does reflect a negative tone given our history.

We have a history of disrespect when it comes to Native Americans. I remember a Chief that fought admittedly against a damn being placed on one of the rivers his people live. He fought the damn for his people all the way to the Supreme court, In the end, not only did they build the damn, but they named the damn after the Indian Chief who fought against it. How's that for fkeed up.

Genuine guffaws!!! Winner.

Thank you, when I saw Foreskins it made me think of 70s show, then I thought maybe Red Foreman would fit. Then it hit me, red foreskins (ouch).

They will never change the name, to much $$$ involved......never thought I would say this, but I support Dan Snyder in keeping the name!!!

Agree but its fun coming up with alternatives.

Gotta like The Onion

WASHINGTON—Following an outpouring of criticism from across the country, the Washington Redskins announced Wednesday that they are officially changing the team’s name to the D.C. Redskins. “We’ve heard the concerns of many people who have been hurt or offended by the team’s previous name, and I’m happy to say we’ve now rectified the situation once and for all,” said franchise owner Dan Snyder, adding that “Washington Redskins” will be replaced with “D.C. Redskins” on all team logos, uniforms, and apparel. “It was a difficult decision—and one that, frankly, I’m a little embarrassed took me so long to make. So hopefully we can now put this issue to bed and start cheering on our D.C. Redskins.”

http://www.theonion.com/articles/washington-redskins-change-their-name-to-the-dc-re,34161/

• Like 1