[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cobb down

nelsosi

I think the injuries to the Packer WR's could be my fault. I picked up Boykin last week off the waiver wire when he was dropped. This is a dynasty league and I am rebuilding, figured he was worth a spot. Crazy thing is when I was asked why I picked him up I said "you never know about injuries and he is the #4 WR right now." Sorry. :sad:

Is Boykin worth a pickup? if so how much do I wager on him???

What John said. I figure he's at least good for one start next week - he was terrible early on (2 drops, and just completely out of sync with Rodgers on 2 other plays); however, he's a full training camp and 6 weeks of a season ahead of anyone they might bring in, and DID have a nice catch-and-run on a slip screen, so if he and Rodgers can get on the same page, there might be some value there.

The issue with GB's WR corps was with Nelson, Cobb, Jones, and Finley, it was tough to predict who'd get the bulk of the work any given game. Well, now half of those guys are injured, so it's pretty much going to be Nelson and Finley, and Boykin is as good a bet as anyone else to be the #3 target in the GB offense, which could result in significant production if it pans out.

However, the negatives are pretty big on him too, so he could just as easily stink it up vs Cle and be on the NFL waiver wire a week from today.

depending on the nature of the fracture, 5 - 8 weeks for a broken fib. Usually, that is. Why did the "team source" say 2 weeks earlier today? That was really misleading.

Maybe because the fibula isn't the major weight bearing bone in the lower leg - that's the tibia (shinbone). Depending upon the severity of the fracture, Cobb could be only a few weeks from returning. Guys have played without even knowing until after the game is over that they have a hairline fracture in the fibula.

I think the injuries to the Packer WR's could be my fault. I picked up Boykin last week off the waiver wire when he was dropped. This is a dynasty league and I am rebuilding, figured he was worth a spot. Crazy thing is when I was asked why I picked him up I said "you never know about injuries and he is the #4 WR right now." Sorry. :sad:

Thanks a lot, mister...

From rotoworld:

Packers placed WR Randall Cobb (broken leg) on injured reserve/designated to return.

Cobb won't be eligible to practice for six weeks, and can't return to game action until Week 15. It makes him safely droppable outside of Dynasty leagues, as there's no guarantee he'll be immediately reinserted into an every-down role.

It's a bitterly disappointing development, as Cobb was on pace for 1,612 yards from scrimmage and eight touchdowns coming into Week 6. Jarrett Boykin will take Cobb's place in three-receiver sets, and could start opposite Jordy Nelson this Sunday if James Jones (knee) isn't ready.

Source: Tom Silverstein on Twitter

:kicksrock::kicksrock::kicksrock:

Edited by Wolverines Fan

First Julio Jones, now Randall Cobb. There goes my 1-2 punch in my dynasty league.

Some years, you just have to shake your head and realize it is not meant to be. This is that year for me. Thankfully, being in a dynasty league means you stay interested throughout as you try to get some players for next year by making some trades.

Sigh. It sucks to be 1-5.