[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Belichick

CaptainHook

nice throw Tommy! Dobson or Thompkins should start screaming and slamming their helmets on the sideline in frustration at Brady's dumfok throw there on first down with over two minutes to go and a time out trailing by 4 points.

Edited by CaptainHook

How can you give Brady three chances for a game winning drive with less than two and a half minutes to play? How?

Belichick gives you a FG with a ridiculous coaching decision.

Brady throws a terrible interception on first down on their second possession.

The Saints are stoopid.

What seems odd to me overall in this NEP season is how inaccurate Brady has been on a consistent basis - not on plays where the WR clearly ran the wrong pattern or at least went where Brady did not expect ... or on plays where there was pressure & Brady just threw in the general direction of anyone ... but more often this year than ever that I recall in the past - is the volume of simply bad passes - high, wide, behind, ill-timed, short, whatever. Not the same volume of those that you see from a Gabbert or whomever, and Brady is not throwing picks at an Eli-like pace or anything... but we are not seeing the throws that we have come to expect from Brady.

Not sure what to make of this, and if it had been in 1 or 2 odd games or so, I'd maybe not have noticed - but it has been a pattern all year, pretty much every week, although some far more than others - today being particularly blatant, at least IMO.

What seems odd to me overall in this NEP season is how inaccurate Brady has been on a consistent basis - not on plays where the WR clearly ran the wrong pattern or at least went where Brady did not expect ... or on plays where there was pressure & Brady just threw in the general direction of anyone ... but more often this year than ever that I recall in the past - is the volume of simply bad passes - high, wide, behind, ill-timed, short, whatever. Not the same volume of those that you see from a Gabbert or whomever, and Brady is not throwing picks at an Eli-like pace or anything... but we are not seeing the throws that we have come to expect from Brady.

Not sure what to make of this, and if it had been in 1 or 2 odd games or so, I'd maybe not have noticed - but it has been a pattern all year, pretty much every week, although some far more than others - today being particularly blatant, at least IMO.

I agree completely. Will not be starting New England receivers in Daily Fantasy unless they have a great matchup until Brady starts being himself.

fantastic thread with belichick showing captain hook how it's done. lol

It's so infuriating to me as a jets fan that the Patriots can look as awful as they have and be 5-1...It's like no matter how many mistakes they make, Hoodie performs voodoo on the sidelines to make his opponents make one more. It's not fair. It's just not fair.

It's so infuriating to me as a jets fan that the Patriots can look as awful as they have and be 5-1...It's like no matter how many mistakes they make, Hoodie performs voodoo on the sidelines to make his opponents make one more. It's not fair. It's just not fair.

Just be happy the Hoodie uses all of his voodoo in the regular season these days.

Two instances of clear coaching superiority this weekend.

Belicheck was pretty clever in going for it, figuring Payton would go conservative and take the FG. Even if NO did decide to attack, they'll take the PAT and NE is still down by only one score with plenty of time to drive. Takes balls for sure, but that sets him apart - a much as I don't like his disposition.

McCarthy owned Harbaugh, as Harbaugh made two critical coaching f'ups in the first half that cost his team 6 pts, one on a spurned FG and getting stopped on 4th down and the other trying to throw downfield with 12 seconds left in the half that cost BAL giving up a FG after a recovered fumble. But throwing the ball on 3rd down at the end of the game when Rodgers was clearly having a bad day showed the balls it takes to win instead of trying not to lose. He relied on his stud in a tight spot rather than playing safe and was rewarded with a road W when his O was plainly sub-par.

Fun to watch guys who know their stuff work when it's on the line.

Belicheck was pretty clever in going for it, figuring Payton would go conservative and take the FG. Even if NO did decide to attack, they'll take the PAT and NE is still down by only one score with plenty of time to drive. Takes balls for sure, but that sets him apart - a much as I don't like his disposition.

You gotta be kidding. :huh:

It was clearly a mistake that will cost your team the game 99% of the time. I believe on both of their last two possessions, the Saints threw the ball on third down. Both fell incomplete, saving the Patriots timeouts and leaving time on the clock. The Patriots scored with 5 seconds left on the clock and in field goal range. If Belichick "figured Payton would go conservative" why not punt and only need a FG to win the game? :rolleyes:

Not to mention Terrible Tom almost tossed the game away turning it over after they got the ball back down by 4. I'm pretty sure beligenious didn't anticipate that. Or maybe it was all part of his grand plan. ;)

I think BB meant Peyton would be conservative and take the FG if NE failed to convert that 4th down, not that he'd be conservative and only try for a FG if they punted. Either way I think the Pats got lucky, and were aided by th extra stoppages on incomplete passes.

You gotta be kidding. :huh:

It was clearly a mistake that will cost your team the game 99% of the time. I believe on both of their last two possessions, the Saints threw the ball on third down. Both fell incomplete, saving the Patriots timeouts and leaving time on the clock. The Patriots scored with 5 seconds left on the clock and in field goal range. If Belichick "figured Payton would go conservative" why not punt and only need a FG to win the game? :rolleyes:

As a Colts fan, I understand your animosity. But when I consider coaching strategy, you'll have to forgive me if I trust a guy who has averaged almost 13 regular season wins a year over 12 years with his current team as well as having 3 SB wins and 2 other AFC championships over that span over your judgment.

Crazy, I know.

I'm a Pats fan, but I've gotta agree with Hook here, and though I may not be an NFL coach I just think it was nuts to go for it in that situation. Plenty of time left on the clock with 2 time-outs. The Pats defense has played well all year, and though Talib was out, so was Graham. Reeked of desperation at the time and I still don't get it today.

But hey, I'll take the win, and that along with the Sox comeback made for a nice day all around here in NE.

:tup:

Yeah, going for it on fourth down in their own territory has never backfired on them before. . . wait . . .

This is the last post for me on this because I know you can't be persuaded. But sometimes you have a play that you know will work with certainty - aside from a fluke like a bad snap. So you run that rather than turning the ball over and having a much more variable situation. And you also think you might have some insight into the other coach's tendencies even if it does fail.

Belicheck doesn't do this stuff arbitrarily - he's as calculating a HC as there is in the league. I don't see him as just rolling the dice on a hunch.

I just wonder the reaction if Brady's pass falls incomplete. Belichick GAVE the Saints a minimum of three points. Why? Because he didn't think his defense could get stops? The Patriots had already forced THREE three-and-outs at that point in the game! They got TWO MORE after that fourth down play! Punt the ball. Play defense. Give one of the best QB's in the league a chance to win the game with a FG.

I think it's laughable that anyone would think Belichick knew Sean Payton was going to make several ridiculous decisions and give the Patriots a chance to do the impossible.

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 1

I just wonder the reaction if Brady's pass falls incomplete. Belichick GAVE the Saints a minimum of three points. Why? Because he didn't think his defense could get stops? The Patriots had already forced THREE three-and-outs at that point in the game! They got TWO MORE after that fourth down play! Punt the ball. Play defense. Give one of the best QB's in the league a chance to win the game with a FG.

I think it's laughable that anyone would think Belichick knew Sean Payton was going to make several ridiculous decisions and give the Patriots a chance to do the impossible.

He didn't give them the points. He went for it and failed. I bet if you did a statistical analysis as to whether going for it made sense, it would have been close either way.

• Like 1