[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Okay T-Rich I need you tonight

Ruffriders

This is only the second full game I have gotten to see him play in this year and it was ugly. I just re-watched it on replay and there were actually a few more holes there than I thought there were last night, TRich not looking good at all. About the best you could say for him was that he ran hard with a pile of guys on his back, but that's what got him to cough it up, so pretty much all around lousy.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a T-Rich ball washer, but still don't think he's a bust either...

Colts aren't even running the ball anymore, not sure why they bothered to trade a 1st round pick to watch T-Rich sit on the bench. 6 for Brown and 8 for T-Rich, yep Brown got better numbers not that it really means much with such limited carries.

Not a T-Rich ball washer, but still don't think he's a bust either...

Colts aren't even running the ball anymore, not sure why they bothered to trade a 1st round pick to watch T-Rich sit on the bench. 6 for Brown and 8 for T-Rich, yep Brown got better numbers not that it really means much with such limited carries.

they both run behind the same line....but yet Brown seems to be the only one who can get to the 2nd lvl here and there while trent manages his career meager avg.

they both run behind the same line....but yet Brown seems to be the only one who can get to the 2nd lvl here and there while trent manages his career meager avg.

I know this will appear to some as just more excuses, but after watching the game and looking at the numbers here is what I see.

Brown had one really nice carry for 24 yards (his first carry of the game), his other 5 were 7, 1, 11, 5, 1 (last one clock killing)

Richardson had a couple decent carries but most were 3 or less, they were 0, 7, 4, 3, 3, 5, 1-, 1- (last two clock killing). He also had two receptions (9 & 24 yards) that were pretty good.

Richardson needs more carries to be able to produce. I don't know that he'll ever be a guy who regularly gets 10+ a carry, but I think he can average 4.5-5 yards if given 20 a game. Problem is Indy doesn't seem to want to do that, insted they continue to throw the ball all game, then hand off a few times when they're trying to eat the clock and the defense stuffs any RB at that point.

Brown had 49 total yards, Richardson had 53, both worth about 5 fantasy points (depending on PPR and other scoring). Neither one had 10 carries. Both were targeted in the passing game, but Brown didn't have any catches any (count 2 targets).

Somebody mentioned this before, may have been CH after first couple games for T-Rich in Indy, when he's on the field he's getting the ball most of the time. When Brown (or somebody else) is in at RB they do many different things. The info on Huddle player page for T-Rich shows for 2013, he's played 8 games, been on the field for 93 plays, and had 83 carries. So about 90% of the time he is on the field he is given the ball, which allows the defense to key on that. Its as if you can ignore the QB and everybody else when T-Rich is on the field, and focus all your attention on him. Stats from 2012 show that 80% of his plays he gets a carry. Brown this year is gets a carry about 80% of plays, per play. AP is at 85%. Maybe I'm completely misreading the # of plays info, hard to believe so many RB are getting that high a number of carries compared to plays.

Maybe I am just the biggest T-Rich Nut Hugger on the Huddle.

Edited by stevegrab

^^^Trent is suppose to be a stud and the lead back...his #'s shouldn't be similar to the backup. That in itself pretty much shows he might not be a bust but just another avg rb.

I posted those stats because people are saying things like "Brown is doing much better". I agree he should be better than the backup. I think he needs more carries to produce. And IND hasn't been doing that, almost like they just got him as insurance, and didn't plan on really using him.

• 2 months later...

"We don't win 12 games this year if Trent Richardson isn't here. That's a fact. With a year under his belt, you're going to see a different player." Ryan Grigson Colts GM

:out:

:lol:

Is he supposed to tell the truth? We got bamboozled by Cleveland - CLEVELAND, for God's sake! - and spent a 1st rounder in May for a second string RB?

Yeah, that's a sure path to enhanced job security.

:lol:

Is he supposed to tell the truth? We got bamboozled by Cleveland - CLEVELAND, for God's sake! - and spent a 1st rounder in May for a second string RB?

Yeah, that's a sure path to enhanced job security.

This may be true but I just sent a trade offer to the team that owns him ,

I give Daniel Thomas & Mid 2nd round pick , for T-Rich

If this owner bites I will be more than happy with that trade