[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Info on Nicks being shopped?

Endzone Is Near

Why would you assume that?

They have two young WRs in Dobson and Thompkins that have been working diligently with Tom Brady to develop a chemistry. Brady himself has lauded both guys.

And why do you think the Pats would go against their typical MO and pay the price that Nicks will likely command?

Well, they drops some cash on Amendola over Welker. That turned out great.

That was an absolute necessity. Their offense relies on an excellent slot receiver. They knew Edelman was not the answer (turns out he's been an OK short-term solution, though).

And like you hint at here, the Amendola thing has pretty much flopped. Why would they overpay on another injury-prone WR.... this time at a position where they seem to have solid young talent?

Not saying it wouldn't be an excellent add.... just don't see how it'd happen.

Why would you assume that?

They have two young WRs in Dobson and Thompkins that have been working diligently with Tom Brady to develop a chemistry. Brady himself has lauded both guys.

And why do you think the Pats would go against their typical MO and pay the price that Nicks will likely command?

I would assume that, because they need a proven guy in there so Brady doesn't have to rely on two rookies. I love Thompkins...drafted him and have held onto him to this point. But obviously, Amendola is made of glass and is built for flag football. Plus with all the question marks surrounding Gronk, I would be really nervous right now. They need help.

I'm also assuming you have no idea whether or not there has been any further advancements on the Nicks story....the feedback I was actually looking for in this post.

I would assume that, because they need a proven guy in there so Brady doesn't have to rely on two rookies. I love Thompkins...drafted him and have held onto him to this point. But obviously, Amendola is made of glass and is built for flag football. Plus with all the question marks surrounding Gronk, I would be really nervous right now. They need help.

I'm also assuming you have no idea whether or not there has been any further advancements on the Nicks story....the feedback I was actually looking for in this post.

darin is simply saying it doesn't fit the Pats MO, or maybe even their needs.

Do you have some info on the Pats trying to sign him. Or that they're considering him. If you wanted to discuss the general idea of Nicks being traded, it might have been better to not speculate as to where you think there is interest. That is what people will comment on, unless they have more info about other possible trade offers.

• Like 2

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5136/hakeem-nicks

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Insiders Monday that the Giants are willing to listen to offers for Hakeem Nicks.

This comes directly on the heels of a Jason La Canfora report that "several teams" are preparing offers in an effort to acquire Nicks from the 0-6 Giants. The G-Men can plug Rueben Randle into the X receiver position across from Victor Cruz, and likely not lose much. "They are not shopping him," Schefter said of Nicks, who's in a contract year. "Will they listen to offers? Yes." Oct 14 - 4:09 PM

darin is simply saying it doesn't fit the Pats MO, or maybe even their needs.

Do you have some info on the Pats trying to sign him. Or that they're considering him. If you wanted to discuss the general idea of Nicks being traded, it might have been better to not speculate as to where you think there is interest. That is what people will comment on, unless they have more info about other possible trade offers.

I asked a question and gave my opinion while why I was at it. Clearly, the point of the post was to get an answer to the question. And I couldn't care less if I didn't post exactly the way you expected.

Here we go again....

I asked a question and gave my opinion while why I was at it. Clearly, the point of the post was to get an answer to the question. And I couldn't care less if I didn't post exactly the way you expected.

Here we go again....

I was trying to be helpful and not trying to be a prick.

Your post focused on his possibly being traded to NE, that is what people are going to read and comment on. You could have started with repeating your thread title and then said "maybe NE, but really just looking for basic discussion.

I was trying to be helpful and not trying to be a prick.

Your post focused on his possibly being traded to NE, that is what people are going to read and comment on. You could have started with repeating your thread title and then said "maybe NE, but really just looking for basic discussion.

Point taken. I apologize - was just hard to tell based on past discussion.

• Like 1

JMo but I am hoping Atlanta, of course it might only mean that he and Roddy would end up sharing the same roll of tape.

I would be shocked if he went to Atlanta. I think who ever takes him wants to resign him for next season. I can't see them having Julio, Roddy and Nicks.

Edited by electricrelish

I would be shocked if he went to Atlanta. I think who ever takes him wants to resign him for next season. I can't see them having Julio, Roddy and Nicks.

Just wishful thinking since I have Ryan in one league, but on the other hand look at Denver.

Edited by Scorcher

So maybe NE?

As already stated in this thread it doesn't fit with the Patriot way. I can't imagine that another team wouldn't pay more than the Patriots. I don't think BB give up another third round pick for another short term solution.

I traded for Nicks while having Randle on my roster a couple of weeks ago. My season is lost (1-5) but it is a dynasty league so I am hoping Nicks goes somewhere (SF, Detroit, Seattle, SD, NE) so I can flip him quickly.

I traded for Nicks while having Randle on my roster a couple of weeks ago. My season is lost (1-5) but it is a dynasty league so I am hoping Nicks goes somewhere (SF, Detroit, Seattle, SD, NE) so I can flip him quickly.

In a dynasty/keper you may have been better off keeping Randle for the future instead of trading for Nicks and hoping he ends up in a good spot and can be flipped.