[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

any Amendola news?

kzook76

Going through concussion tests shortly as reported in NFL network. Would be shocking to see him play this weekend.

Fortunately for me my league has an IR stash where if a player is listed as "Q" or worse you can deactivate him and open up a roster spot. Things are so desperate in my area of the woods I picked up Kyle Durham of Detroit. Yes, it has come down to that.

Man I was wrong about this guy. His injuries in STL were really, really freakish. But now after less than a season in NE, he can't stay off the trainer's table for one reason or another. Dude's brittle AND susceptible to the freak injury.

He could have been a top-10 WR in PPR formats easily in the Pat system. Not sure we'll ever know what he was really capable of.

Man I was wrong about this guy. His injuries in STL were really, really freakish. But now after less than a season in NE, he can't stay off the trainer's table for one reason or another. Dude's brittle AND susceptible to the freak injury.

He could have been a top-10 WR in PPR formats easily in the Pat system. Not sure we'll ever know what he was really capable of.

His latest injury wasn't freak...he got exploded on by a DB when Hoodie decided to run him on an end-around, which can be dangerous for receivers. Amendola was running full speed and got nailed. It was a strange call. If you wanted to get DA 'into the game', get him a simple screen or something.

People rake on Amendola, but the dude has amazing courage and if he's not playing it's because he can't go. I realize that does us fantasy owners no good if there "is a reason" he is always injured, but it's not as simple as first glance. I will draft him again next year, but thankfully because so many are so down on him I can get him in a spot where it 'won't hurt'....I think I drafted him in the 7th round this year, which was a pretty decent spot. Maybe next year I get him below round 10? Talk about upside. And if he breaks down again I didn't blow a big pick on him.

But I do like the player.

I agree that he has courage. The only reason he is out is was because he wanted the extra yards and didn't run out of bounds. Something he should probably be doing because of his size. I am going to see what they say this week but I don't have an injured roster spot so I have to stick with him or kick him to the curb unfortunately.

This. I almost said the exact same thing, but I didn't want to come off as a smartass. Thanks for doing the dirty work.

That's why i'm here . endzone is near

• Like 1

His latest injury wasn't freak...he got exploded on by a DB when Hoodie decided to run him on an end-around, which can be dangerous for receivers. Amendola was running full speed and got nailed. It was a strange call. If you wanted to get DA 'into the game', get him a simple screen or something.

People rake on Amendola, but the dude has amazing courage and if he's not playing it's because he can't go. I realize that does us fantasy owners no good if there "is a reason" he is always injured, but it's not as simple as first glance. I will draft him again next year, but thankfully because so many are so down on him I can get him in a spot where it 'won't hurt'....I think I drafted him in the 7th round this year, which was a pretty decent spot. Maybe next year I get him below round 10? Talk about upside. And if he breaks down again I didn't blow a big pick on him.

But I do like the player.

I didn't say his recent injury was freak. I said his injuries while in STL were.

Amendola was rumored to be bouncing back this week and leaning towards playing. Then a 4th grade girl gave him a high five and he broke his collarbone

Fortunately for me my league has an IR stash where if a player is listed as "Q" or worse you can deactivate him and open up a roster spot. Things are so desperate in my area of the woods I picked up Kyle Durham of Detroit. Yes, it has come down to that.

desperate to pick up Kyle Durham of Detroit ???? he is not even on the waivers of any league I play in !!

You must be in some small leagues with even smaller roster , I bet he is owned in 85% of all league of 12 teams or more for those leagues that have ran their waivers already this week

desperate to pick up Kyle Durham of Detroit ???? he is not even on the waivers of any league I play in !!

You must be in some small leagues with even smaller roster , I bet he is owned in 85% of all league of 12 teams or more for those leagues that have ran their waivers already this week

As of Oct 8th Kris Durham was 1% owned in fantasy (yahoo) leagues so you don't really know what you are talking about.

My league unfortunately dropped to 10 teams this year because one of the owners had a family emergency and we didn't allow a new guy (his friend) to come in unless they could find a 12th. We typically play with 12 owners and I expect to do that next year.

Edited by kwolf68

As of Oct 8th Kris Durham was 1% owned in fantasy (yahoo) leagues so you don't really know what you are talking about.

My league unfortunately dropped to 10 teams this year because one of the owners had a family emergency and we didn't allow a new guy (his friend) to come in unless they could find a 12th. We typically play with 12 owners and I expect to do that next year.

reread my post , I said , I bet he is owned in 85% of all league of 12 teams or more for those leagues that have ran their waivers already this week so go back and check tomorrow after all waivers have been run and see %

Plus we never count 10 teams starter leagues :-)

reread my post , I said , I bet he is owned in 85% of all league of 12 teams or more for those leagues that have ran their waivers already this week so go back and check tomorrow after all waivers have been run and see %

Plus we never count 10 teams starter leagues :-)

I'd bet you are wrong, and by a huge margin. I play in a 12 team legue, 9 starters 9 bench, so pretty deep. Many players people talk about that are free agents are not available in our league. Durham is, I considered him but decided to go a different direction. Our waivers ran last night.

According to my CBS league (yeah I know, it blows and MFL rules) he is owned in 10% of leagues.