[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thank You Andre Brown

slinger

Thank you for getting injured so late in the pre-season, after my auction draft night.

I spent my cash on McCoy and three "decent" receivers. Then found myself scrambling for a #2 RB, so I spent $5 bucks for Andre Brown. I then drafted Isaiah Pead, Johnathan Franklin and Bryce Brown for $1 each. I just didn't have the cash.

So Brown injures himself and I have nothing, absolutely nothing for an RB2. I look to the waiver wire and pick up a player that I never wanted on my roster and apparently no one else in my league, Knowshon Moreno. All I wanted from him was 10 points a week. That was my expectations, nothing more.

My decent receivers are playing through injuries and are not performing as I had hoped. However, I am currently 5-1 thanks to my two top 5 RB's. I lost too the team that is currently 6-0. One of us had to lose.

So thank you Andre Brown for saving my season.

Baring injuries, looking at how Denver is playing and how the defense is allowing it to happen, is it possible that Knowshon will remain a top 5 RB by years end?

Edited by slinger

Moreno was sitting on a lot of waiver wires going into Week 1. He was getting drafted behind both Ball and Hillman in many leagues.

I'm in a 14 team league and Moreno wasn't taken until the 12th round (out of 18 rounds) both Ball and Hillman were taken before him and it really makes you feel like an idiot when you draft people like Bryce Brown and Chris Givens ahead of Moreno (yes I did that). :bash:

Edited by efranklin

It's a 12 Team Keeper league, 8 starters, 7 bench. So really, no one saw any value in Moreno prior to Week 1. He was getting the same amount of interest as Shonn Green, no one wanted these players in the league as too many have been burned by them. These two have been traded away the most in the past few years.

Can Moreno remain a top 10 RB for the remainder of the season, baring injuries?