[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Freeman's impact?

wpayers

It's refreshing to have a "QB drops out of the sky" situation in week 7 of the season. Will Freeman SIGNIFICANTLY improve the quality of the Vikes offense. Increase the FF value of Jennings, Patterson, Rudolph and Simpson? No doubt help AP but by how much?

Or will Freeman be a non-event?

I thought maybe the Packers had coaxed Antonio out of retirement to play WR.

As to the original question, I don't think he significantly improves the Vikes offense over Cassell. Then again, the significant improvement already happened when Cassell took over for Ponder.

I'd guess moderately. I mean look at how he performed in Tampa this year. However in years past he has shown he can ball at times. I think schiano is a clown and played a major factor in Freeman's downfall. I think the vikings offense improves but if I'm looking for a week to week defense, which I am (thanks texans) I'm not hesitating playing a defense that is matched up against the vikings...unless of course freeman goes for 250+ and 2 scores w ap going 100+ and a td this week...

Drafted him as my back up. Dropped him and picked up Vick. With the shaky situation in ATL I just picked up Freeman as my 3rd QB just in case he shows something and the other two continue to spin their wheels.

As a Freeman owner in multiple leagues I'm encouraged. Frazier is a better tactician, teacher, and player friendly coach than Schiano - not that the bar is awfully high mind you.

As a Packer fan I'm not carrying a much greater level of angst.

Local chatter has a lot to say about the eventual relationship between Freeman and Frazier. Freeman is a really laid-back kind of guy, much more on the level with Frazier. Schiano is obviously an in-your-face coach who's used to DISCIPLINING as well as coaching. You don't discipline NFL players the way you do 19-year old college kids.

I would bump up the value of Jennings mostly, followed by Rudolph and then a slight uptick to both Peterson and Patterson.