[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gronk Cleared ...

isleseeya

Gronk or not, in my opinion it still is a very very high risk playing him this week (if you also have a proven option this year). If you're strutting out fleener than sure go gronk. But the way this whole thing has played out, I wouldn't be stunned to see him play 1/4 of snaps, but also wouldn't be surprised to see him put up 2 tds

• Like 1

I doubt Gronk will come back to LESS than half snaps. I would put money that he is in on most of the snaps. He has practiced all year and from all reports he was not coming back until he was 100%. Which he is. He was cleared from team doctors week 2. If he had a leg injury I would think he would be limited, but not for his forearm. Gronk will have an insane game Sunday. I'm seriously thinking 150 3 TDs.

You do know he has only had 3 TDs in a game twice (never had 100+ with 3TDs)...and only had 150+ in one game (160 yds)...also in his 43 reg season games he's only eclipsed 100 yds 9 times (20.9%)...but you think he's going to have the best game of his career after missing time since December 30th last year?
  • Like 2

You do know he has only had 3 TDs in a game twice (never had 100+ with 3TDs)...and only had 150+ in one game (160 yds)...also in his 43 reg season games he's only eclipsed 100 yds 9 times (20.9%)...but you think he's going to have the best game of his career after missing time since December 30th last year?

.... yes. I believe that. I guess by Monday morning we'll both know how accurate I am.

Gronk will outscore every TE this weekend and will be the #1 TE ROS. I'm really high on Gronk. Start him if you got 'em

Edited by kingsofromance

Fwiw, last year Gronk missed 5 games before he came back in week 17. In that game he played 24 of 77 snaps.

Curious if people know what "injury" has kept him off the field...

He had back surgery 4 months ago on June 18th...meaning the issue wasn't just recovering from 4 forearm surgeries.

Edited by keggerz

Everyone concerned is in total agreement that he came back way to soon from that injury. Doctors, Gronk's people, team sources, etc. Which is why he sat out so long this time. He's 100% this time on a team which is completely void of other impact players on offense (except for the guy throwing him the ball). He has been practicing in pads full speed for nearly 2 months and has looked great. Wait till Monday. If I'm wrong I'll eat crow but I don't think I will be wrong. I have said for a long while that when Gronk comes back he will be the #1 TE and put up ridiculous numbers. All signs point to it.

Everyone concerned is in total agreement that he came back way to soon from that injury. Doctors, Gronk's people, team sources, etc. Which is why he sat out so long this time. He's 100% this time on a team which is completely void of other impact players on offense (except for the guy throwing him the ball). He has been practicing in pads full speed for nearly 2 months and has looked great. Wait till Monday. If I'm wrong I'll eat crow but I don't think I will be wrong. I have said for a long while that when Gronk comes back he will be the #1 TE and put up ridiculous numbers. All signs point to it.

he came back to soon from the forearm break...he's been out this extended time due to back surgery too.

RG3 looked great once he started practicing in pads too, just sayin.

So did AP last year. :) There are many examples of guys having career years off injuries just as there are many disappointments.

Seriously I promise to eat crow Monday if Gronk doesn't go off.

84 yds & 2 TDs for AP in his 1st game back...a very nice game,but not a career best

So did AP last year. :) There are many examples of guys having career years off injuries just as there are many disappointments.

Seriously I promise to eat crow Monday if Gronk doesn't go off.

neither you or i will be eating crow after tomorrow's game. gronk has averaged 7 rec for over 70 yards and over 1 td against the jets in the last 3 games. that's a 20 plus pt avg. sure, he could go 3 rec for 40 yds but i can see much more and i feel he has a better chance at finishing with a 20 plus pt game rather than single digits.

• Like 1

70/1 is a far cry from 150/3...and fwiw, I didn't say that he couldn't have a good game, just that there is reason for pause...and I've also questioned the line of thinking that would have him post a career game after missing all this time due to back surgery and recovering from multiple forearm surgeries. and I feel dirty for

If I were to make the "bold" prediction of 70 yds and a TD and he ends up going off for 120-150 and 2-3 TDs who would really care? If however tomorrow goes for anywhere near 150 and 3 TDs I will look like Nostradamas. See my logic.

Guessing 70 and a TD is not really any big deal. Timothy Wright will have those numbers...

Edited by kingsofromance

I have him in two leagues where I'm 2-4 & 2-5. With this being a must win week, I'm still not sure I will start him. I have Cameron in one league and Reed in another.

Same situation, I'm 2-4 and have Reed and Gronk. If Gronk is active he's starting for me, period.

Guys start him while you can, just a matter of time till he breaks his forearm again!!!

Very worried about this as well. And if he does, his career is over.

Rob Gronkowski - TE - New England Patriots Posted 10/19/13 8:46pm et facebook_thumb.jpg twitter_thumb2.gif The New England Patriots have not decided if TE Rob Gronkowski (back, forearm) will play Week 7 even though he has been cleared by his doctors to play. Huddle Up: The drama continues. No one will know if Gronk is playing until the reports come out an hour or two before gametime. Luckily, the Patriots play early, so fantasy owners won't have to wait on Gronkowski this week to make a decision.

Rob Gronkowski - TE - New England Patriots Posted 10/19/13 8:46pm et facebook_thumb.jpg twitter_thumb2.gif The New England Patriots have not decided if TE Rob Gronkowski (back, forearm) will play Week 7 even though he has been cleared by his doctors to play. Huddle Up: The drama continues. No one will know if Gronk is playing until the reports come out an hour or two before gametime. Luckily, the Patriots play early, so fantasy owners won't have to wait on Gronkowski this week to make a decision.

sigh