[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Struggling RB's?

JoeySon

Ray Rice

Trent Richardson

Steven Jackson

Doug Martin

Chris Johnson

Maurice Jones-Drew

CJ Spiller

Steven Ridley

All guys likely taken in the first couple rounds and mostly fell on their face.

What do you do with these guys? Sell for what you can, or ride out and hope for the best?

Edited by JoeySon

S-Jax got hurt. Everyone knew MJD and Johnson had question marks going in. Spiller and Ridley also had some risk. There were some folks ( :unsure: ) that were down on the likes of Rice and Martin. T-Rich, at least to me, is the biggest shock.

I think you have to ride them out if you got 'em. You're just gonna get someone trying to buy low. Real low.

Ray Rice - hold

Trent Richardson - get what you can

Steven Jackson - what can you do?..

Doug Martin - hold

Chris Johnson - sell if you can in a package deal....I would take Doug Martin in exchange if healthy..

Maurice Jones-Drew - hold?

CJ Spiller - definitely hold....he does better with less touches..

Steven Ridley - sell if you can...when Vereen returns it may get even uglier...

S-Jax got hurt. Everyone knew MJD and Johnson had question marks going in. Spiller and Ridley also had some risk. There were some folks ( :unsure: ) that were down on the likes of Rice and Martin. T-Rich, at least to me, is the biggest shock.

I think you have to ride them out if you got 'em. You're just gonna get someone trying to buy low. Real low.

exactly...I didn't like most of the top RB's personally....the only players I was wrong about was MJD and Miller....everyone else I really liked has pretty much panned out...the problem has been getting them on my team :lol:

I moved T Rich twice this week. In both cases i got back Gio, straight-up in stnd and we exchanged wr's in a ppr for me to move him. Happy he is gone and he will not be able to disapoint me again.

MJD i have yet to be able to move

Spiller i moved a few weeks ago (with T Smith) and got cruz, gonzo (another filler each way)

SJax i am getting many low offers on, but in this league i'm lossing (so badly) so there is no reason for me to sell him

Edited by millworkguy

And then you have Daniel Thomas who after weeks of being a stiff is given the start, and had a respectable 12 carries for 60 yards. (A few more touches would be nice at 5 YPC.) I was just about to drop him for some more depth at other positions, now I may have to rethink that. (Yes my RB are so bad that he is worth owning, Sproles and Chris Johnson are the starters, with Hillman/Snelling/Thomas the backups.)

Of all of those backs I am most shocked with Rice and Martin. I thought at seven overall I thought rice was the safest player. Rice rarely gets hurt and is (was) involved in the passing game. I have been in FF since 1989 and he is my biggest non-injured miss ever. He sucks so bad I can’t start him (started Stacey and D Williams), but am afraid of cutting him. To me he has no trade value. Though week seven he is avering like 38 yards a game, unreal

Of all of those backs I am most shocked with Rice and Martin. I thought at seven overall I thought rice was the safest player. Rice rarely gets hurt and is (was) involved in the passing game. I have been in FF since 1989 and he is my biggest non-injured miss ever. He sucks so bad I can’t start him (started Stacey and D Williams), but am afraid of cutting him. To me he has no trade value. Though week seven he is avering like 38 yards a game, unreal

The problem with Rice (at least what I saw last year), was that the offensive gameplan would for no reason go away from their best player. The offensive coaching staff changed but the gameplan didn't. On top of it, the team lost two of its top 2 passing targets. More use of Pierce, defenses able to stack up against the run... these things did not bode well for Rice. Yes, his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield *can* keep him "fantasy relevant", but that's not what you want out of your RB1 and 1st round pick. You want steady production with the ability to blow up in certain contests. Look at Rice's 2012 week-by-week numbers. His Week 7 output against Houston was the telling sign for me. Sure, he caught 5 balls but only 9 carries? At least for me, there were enough warning signs to avoid Rice.

I won't re-hash Martin's problems. He could have improved as this season went on. At least he had a workload that could at some point translate into fantasy success, especially with the team's upcoming schedule. He got hurt. But there were warning signs for him last year too.