[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arian Foster

Shorttynaz

Following Sunday's loss at Kansas City, Arian Foster said his hamstring pull "doesn't seem too severe right now."

Foster's injury is an aggravation of an issue that bothered him following a 24-touch effort in Week 6. Players are often overly optimistic on soft-tissue injuries, especially when they involve hamstrings. Foster's status for when the Texans come out of their Week 8 bye is unlikely to be determined for some time. Talented Ben Tate is Foster's backup and undrafted rookie Cierre Wood is the No. 3 back. Oct 20 - 10:36 PM

Source: ESPN.com

I JUST secured Ben Tate in a trade so hopefully I can sustain and ride this injury out a couple weeks. If anything, they are a startable duo in some formats

I JUST secured Ben Tate in a trade so hopefully I can sustain and ride this injury out a couple weeks. If anything, they are a startable duo in some formats

Yesterday I dropped Brandon Jacobs at 9:57a for Tate, just before everyone locked at 10a.

Yesterday I almost made the bone head move of dropping Tate for a Bye week filler at Kicker because I didn't want to risk losing Hartley and was not a Foster owner but decide just to drop Hartley. My other bench RB's are RIce, L Bell and Vereen on IR so I was thinking I could afford the loss. Maybe some trade value in Tate now.

I think the Bye week is the best thing that could have happened to Foster Owners.

...and the worst thing that could happen to Tate owners. I've been burning up 1 of the my 5 precious bench spots with Tate just waiting for the inevitable Foster tweak. At best I may get to use him in week 9.

The reports describe Foster's injury as a mild hammy pull. Probably won't miss more than a week.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. But in this case it's meh.

Edited by wpayers

With a bye week, and the rumoured severity, I'm thinking there's a very good chance he'll be fine for Week 9.

On a side note, I've been very unimpressed by Tate this year. He's done very little with his touches, and his fumbling issues have continued.

...and the worst thing that could happen to Tate owners. I've been burning up 1 of the my 5 precious bench spots with Tate just waiting for the inevitable Foster tweak. At best I may get to use him in week 9.

The reports describe Foster's injury as a mild hammy pull. Probably won't miss more than a week.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. But in this case it's meh.

Count me in here. I had stashed him in a league where it turns out I really need the guy... and doesn't look like he'll reap the benefits of yet another Foster ding.

Count me in here. I had stashed him in a league where it turns out I really need the guy... and doesn't look like he'll reap the benefits of yet another Foster ding.

Tate has 4 broken ribs as well....

ahhh missed the above statement! (edit)

Edited by achap14

Tate has 4 broken ribs? I'm starting to think this guy is made of glass. I felt pretty good drafting Foster and his supposed stud backup; not so much anymore.

Did you see the hit that caused the 4 broken ribs? I am thinking no.

Edited by Papajohn