[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MIN/NYG game thread

BeeR

Somebody please olay the left DE and let him knock Freeman out. I have never seen a QB suck anus then lick the knot hole completely clean. Ponder's look on the sideline was like "you have to be kidding me". I could hardly watch this game and was pissed knowing Peterson was just killed by such sorry QB play.

I need to throw up....... :sick:

Somewhere, Schiano is laughing his arse off. I don't care if you walked out there today, as an NFL QB you should be able to throw a football 10 yards down the field and get reasonably close to a WR. Granted, there were quite a few drops, but JESUS I've never seen an NFL QB have that many thrown that were uncatchable. More than 10 feet over the wr, more than 5 yards out of bounds, into the turf, and on and on .Wow!

I wasn't exactly a fan of the Freeman move initially, and I'm certainly not a Freeman apologist, but what happened last night had very little to do with whether or not he's any good as a QB. The decision to start him was guaranteed to fail, and fail badly, from the get-go. They could have done the same thing to Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers, and it would have ended badly. Give anybody (or at least 95% of all NFL QB's) less than 2 weeks with a team, and they're not going to be game-ready. Not familiar with the offense, no chemistry with any of the receivers, etc. I couldn't tell if the look on Freeman's face said "I'm lost" or "I can't believe they did this to me."

The only other thing I can't figure out is whether Frasier and the rest of the staff actually thought last night's move was going to work (in a positive way). I mean, did they really think Freeman was going to come out and play well? Or, was it a move that they knew would backfire, in some sort of scheme to secure a higher draft pick? If that's the case (and they simply thought "Screw it... Might as well see what we have with Josh"), they're even worse than I thought. They're going to burn that bridge (and any chance of Freeman being close to successful in MN) before it even matters (which would be next year, at the earliest).

Embarrassing isn't even the word for it. The term "disgusting display" comes to mind. Ponder and Cassel couldn't even believe what was happening. Talk about insulting. Neither of them have lit the league on fire, but throw either of them in that game, and MIN wins, or at least puts up a fight. There was no chance they win with Freeman at the helm... Again, not because he's that bad, but because of the situation they put him in. What a joke. Worst offensive performance I think I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot. It was like they took a guy from the stands, who said he used to play ball in college, asked him to go suit up, and threw him to the wolves. Not a chance in hell. Did they even get into the red zone? I can't remember... My mind has already blocked out most of that debacle.

I'm reading player updates this morning, and I see that Rudolph had 9 targets last night. Normally, that would be a good thing, but not when half of the balls thrown his way were uncatchable. That part concerns me, but it was pretty obvious that a lot of the bad throws were a result of Freeman simply not knowing what the hell he was doing and/or just getting rid of the ball to avoid getting decked.

The worst part of all of this is that we have to see this team in prime time again this week. :sick:

• Like 2

Oh. my. god. this is just so brutal... Josh Freeman is one of the last people I would want to be right now. I wouldn't even care that I'm making millions - I would feel so embarassed and crushed and never want to show my face again. Heck I would feel guilty about earning millions of dollars to provide performances like THAT

Feel bad for the guy this is just a nightmare