[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop Doug Martin?

Shorttynaz

I have two holes next week. Defense and WR. Both will need to be addressed. The Colts D is out there now and no one's looking as they're on bye. I need to get them this week (3rd best fantasy D to date in my league) as they're for real, and the two guys who will (no matter what) have a higher waiver priority than I will have the same defensive needs I do. One has the Broncos, the other guy has Arizona and Detriot. If I don't get the Colts D soon, I won't get them next week, if they make it that long. If the guy with both AZ and Detroit were smart enough to look to next week already, he'd already have picked them up. I'm trying to beat him to the punch..

Do I drop Doug Martin for the Colts D? And then next week drop the 49ers D (bye week) for a one week fill in at WR?

The only other person on my roster I deem expendable is someone I don't want to drop - Kaepernick..

Appreciate any help guys.. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Shorttynaz

This is the way I am addressing the Doug Martin drop issue. It really depends on space. If you have the space to hold him and still get by, then by all means keep him. If you need to drop him right now to make your team better (which I believe is your situation), then you have to drop him. Once gone you won't worry about it anyway..............

• Like 1

I’m dropping him sadly. He has had plenty of cushy matchups this year and has not produced even at 100% health. Given he comes back at what 90%, 75%, and how will he produce at that? He has been a marginal RB2 production since 1st week, can hardly see that improving at all and most likely a flex play at best when he does come back. I’m dropping him and getting Vereen. Upside baby!!

• Like 1

Another thing to consider that nobody is even talking about. What if James comes in and puts up better numbers than Martin did so far??? Why would they even go back if he takes the opportunity and makes the most of it?? It's a long shot, but has happened before.

Another thing to consider that nobody is even talking about. What if James comes in and puts up better numbers than Martin did so far??? Why would they even go back if he takes the opportunity and makes the most of it?? It's a long shot, but has happened before.

Different position, but Alex Smith / Colin Kaepernick..

Different position, but Alex Smith / Colin Kaepernick..

Any other options??? Ick.............. Smith never really blows up for a big game and I don't know what's going on with Kaep this year. If I had to pick between the two, I guess I would go with Kaep just because he could potentially run one in. It's a tough call either way.

Any other options??? Ick.............. Smith never really blows up for a big game and I don't know what's going on with Kaep this year. If I had to pick between the two, I guess I would go with Kaep just because he could potentially run one in. It's a tough call either way.

Lol.. no no no.. I was referring you your post above this one.. You said a player gets hurt and comes back and although it shouldn't happen due to injury, but he lost his job to a player who has more upside. I was referring to last years circus in SF.
  • Like 1

Lol.. no no no.. I was referring you your post above this one.. You said a player gets hurt and comes back and although it shouldn't happen due to injury, but he lost his job to a player who has more upside. I was referring to last years circus in SF.

LOL, I got ya......................It's been a long day already :razz: