[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Old QBs don't die...they talk to the Browns. Garcia and Favre?!?!

wpayers

You can't make this stuff up. You'd think they'd want to keep these discussions under wraps. I bet Jason Campbell is saying WTF this morning. If the Browns are talking to this old goat then what does that say about their confidence in Campbell. Better downgrade your Brownies.

Browns say no to Garcia

Edited by wpayers

The first article says the browns response to Garcia was "No thanks to Garcia's approaching them". So how is that a lack of confidence from the Browns in their QB? Sounds like Garcia was living a little in the past thinking he could help and the Browns didnt even entertain the idea.

I live in Favre's home town. Have seen him a couple times in public recently...saw him at dinner with his family about a week ago.

He used to be a hermit and would never be seen in public, but he is enjoying being able to live like a normal human being these days. That and the HS football team he is coaching is #1 in the state. He is fine with not playing football anymore. So no, I say he wouldn't come back no matter who called. He's finally moved on.

Garcia is a tool just looking for some media attention. The Browns barely had interest in him when he was on the team, not like he was some sort of superstar or something (recall looking at his stats yesterday and he won something like 3 games in his 7 starts).

The Browns only responded to his offer to play for them, they did not reach out to him so the current QBs have nothing to be offended by.

Not sure how so many (media or otherwise) are spinning this into some sort of negative for the Browns. Somebody yesterday on another board said "how bad have things gotten for the Browns" and this is a Browns fan.

If Bob Griese contacted the Pats asking if he could try out does that make Brady feel bad?

Makes me wonder if the OP even read the article, Garcia contacted the Browns, they said no thanks. How does that make them look bad, or show a lack of confidence in Campbell.

Downgrade all posts by wpayers...

Garcia is a tool just looking for some media attention. The Browns barely had interest in him when he was on the team, not like he was some sort of superstar or something (recall looking at his stats yesterday and he won something like 3 games in his 7 starts).

The Browns only responded to his offer to play for them, they did not reach out to him so the current QBs have nothing to be offended by.

Not sure how so many (media or otherwise) are spinning this into some sort of negative for the Browns. Somebody yesterday on another board said "how bad have things gotten for the Browns" and this is a Browns fan.

If Bob Griese contacted the Pats asking if he could try out does that make Brady feel bad?

Makes me wonder if the OP even read the article, Garcia contacted the Browns, they said no thanks. How does that make them look bad, or show a lack of confidence in Campbell.

Downgrade all posts by wpayers...

...doth protest too much, methinks. Spoken as a true homer.

As a jaded long suffering follower of the Jets, I've seen my share of QB sideshows and understand your sensitivity. I was simply remarking on the absurdity of Garcia reaching out to the Browns on the same day that news of Favre being contacted by the Rams. Also, postulating on what Jason Campbell thought waking up and reading this story. The fact remains he is their 3rd man. The ego of a 3rd stringer is most likely fragile to begin with.

The indirect point being, that just when you thought this year couldn't get any stranger...it does.

For what it's worth, not sure why Garcia would want to leave home and play for anyone. Have you seen

Jeff Garcia's wife?

I say upgrade all posts by stevegrab!!!

• Like 1

...doth protest too much, methinks. Spoken as a true homer.

As a jaded long suffering follower of the Jets, I've seen my share of QB sideshows and understand your sensitivity. I was simply remarking on the absurdity of Garcia reaching out to the Browns on the same day that news of Favre being contacted by the Rams. Also, postulating on what Jason Campbell thought waking up and reading this story. The fact remains he is their 3rd man. The ego of a 3rd stringer is most likely fragile to begin with.

The indirect point being, that just when you thought this year couldn't get any stranger...it does.

For what it's worth, not sure why Garcia would want to leave home and play for anyone. Have you seen

Jeff Garcia's wife?

I say upgrade all posts by stevegrab!!!

Fair enough, but I still don't see how Garcia contacting the Browns bothers Campbell in the least. If anything he probably laughed that a washed up player like him would think he could still start at QB in the NFL. Campbells confidence was likely crushed when Hoyer leapfrogged him after Weeden was hurt.

I'm just tired of people misrepresenting facts. They post a link to this kind of story and make it sound like the Browns contacted him. Then point and laugh "How pathetic are the Browns...."

As for the Rams, they look stupid and desperate reaching out to Favre.

PS Garcia's wife is hot, when he played in CLE she got into a fight with another playmate (model or some other hottie) at a bar one time. Was big news here.