[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody 7 - 0?

Papa Deuce

7-0 / points leader in my audiophile league. 14 team NPPR / return yardage league.

• Peyton
  • H. Douglas
  • J. Boykin
  • T. Ginn
  • F. Gore
  • R. Helu
  • J. Thomas
  • K. Allen
  • D. Sproles
  • C. Kaepernick
  • P. Harvin
  • C. Ivory
  • S. Hauschka
  • Chicago
  • Dallas

Edited by MothAudio

I started 4-0 in two leagues and have lost 3 straight in both to sit at 4-3. I have won odd weeks and lost even weeks in another league to arrive at 4-3. I am at 6-8 in my doubleheader league with 3rd most points scored and most points against. And I am on a 5 game winning streak in the Ladder climbing to 5-2.

I have a 7-0 guy in one of the leagues where I lost 3 straight. I play him week 9 while he is decimated with bye weeks...love it.

We still have one undefeated team in Pee Wee division in the Ladder.

Edited by BA Baracus

I have two teams 7-0 should have 3 but I played Rudolph over Shorts damnz....my one dynasty team Charlotte Cobras is actually on a 19 game winning streak I went 14-1 last year to win the championship losing only in week 3 last year...going for big #20 this week!

I have one PFF team that is 7-0.

I do have several 6-1 teams including 2 NFFC and 3 FFPC.

Moral of all these stories. Fantasy football is random as hell and its better to be lucky than good.

I forget who it was, or the exact numbers used, but somebody here used to say

Fantasy Football is 80% luck and 20% luck.

Who you play when has a lot to do with things. While some people may think that is too much luck and therefore don't like H2H I think most would agree that the weekly matchup and potential W/L is much more fun.

• Like 1

I forget who it was, or the exact numbers used, but somebody here used to say

Fantasy Football is 80% luck and 20% luck.

Who you play when has a lot to do with things. While some people may think that is too much luck and therefore don't like H2H I think most would agree that the weekly matchup and potential W/L is much more fun.

Makes for better trash talk potential, in my opinion.

Well, what I have learned is that many people don't understand what a "total points league" is. They think that means every point from every player on your team, and that you don't submit a team each week. At least in my case it means we submit a lineup every week, and do that for 17 weeks..... at the end, the team that has the most points from the 17 weeks of submitted lineups is the winner. IMO, this is the only way to ensure that a mediocre team doesn't win the whole league.

We don't do H2H for standings purposes, but we make side bets..... might be for a case of beer, a $15 cigar, or, we even had a bet where the loser of the week had to buy and PREPARE dinner for the loser while dressed in a dress - AT WORK!!!!!

But as far as H2H for winning it all, and getting into the playoffs, well, we are all against it in our league.

As everyone always says Fantasy Football is a lot like poker in any given season/tournament anyone can win and luck plays a big role but over the course of many seasons/tournaments/years the cream rises to the top and that is why you see so many familiar faces at final tables/championships.

A good example is my local league I started in 1990...12 team re-draft league and from 1990-2012 I have never had a losing record and made playoffs 21 times in 23 years...so going 23 years and never having a losing record has overcome a lot of bad luck in those years...but that streak is about to end it seems as I am just 2-5 this year but I would say I have had my share of bad luck this year I drafted WR heavy (Calvin, Dez, Cruz, Gordon, Gronk) and RB light and my top RB Vereen went down week 1 and also I played the Peyton owner week 1, played a guy week 2 who was 2nd highest scoring team and played highest scoring team another week. I would be 48-28-1 in all play so to be that "good" and have a 2-5 record I would say this year the luck finally caught up to me.