[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys heading to England. America's Team in Europe?

Cowboyz1

I think you're insane for thinking the fact that its the Cowboys amplifies the possibility of a threat

agreed 100%

cowboyz are u high tonight

Its the Cowboys fellas. Even Omar the tent maker will put off hell raising to watch the Cowboys beat up on the Jags. As many Cowboys fans there will be at the game your apt to get a royal beat down if you started some chives during their one and only chance to see the Boys. Hell I just may find my way over to take in some Cowboys and kabobs.

I am not sure if you were kidding from the start or realized how inane your statement was and are playing off as a joke, but either way, the only thing a Cowboy fan needs to worry about is making sure Tony does not "Romo" this game and come back to the USA with a loss.

CSB Time. Back in college, my girlfriend's father had a flat in London. During spring break of my junior year (87?), we went to spend the week there. One evening, we found ourselves in a pub (well, every evening we did). This time, though, we got to know the owner a bit, and he invited us to stay after closing with his mates. At the time, the pubs there closed at 9pm, if you can believe that. Turns out he and his son were a huge Cowboys fans, and he was very interested in hearing about their history and games I had attended. Obviously, the scotch was flowing and I was quite happy to oblige. As the evening wound down, we asked how to thank them for their hospitality. All he wanted was Cowboys gear, which in the pre-internet days, was near impossible to find there (we sent a couple of shirts back for father and son).

Just from that experience, I figure the Cowboys will be HUGE over there, and it will be like a home game in terms of fan support. I think it would be very cool to see, personally. /end CSB.

Edited: Junior year it was...87

Edited by CowboysDiehard

CSB Time. Back in college, my girlfriend's father had a flat in London. During spring break of my junior year (87?), we went to spend the week there. One evening, we found ourselves in a pub (well, every evening we did). This time, though, we got to know the owner a bit, and he invited us to stay after closing with his mates. At the time, the pubs there closed at 9pm, if you can believe that. Turns out he and his son were a huge Cowboys fans, and he was very interested in hearing about their history and games I had attended. Obviously, the scotch was flowing and I was quite happy to oblige. As the evening wound down, we asked how to thank them for their hospitality. All he wanted was Cowboys gear, which in the pre-internet days, was near impossible to find there (we sent a couple of shirts back for father and son).

Just from that experience, I figure the Cowboys will be HUGE over there, and it will be like a home game in terms of fan support. I think it would be very cool to see, personally. /end CSB.

You said it yourself that this was in 87, almost 25 years ago when the Cowboys were good. You think those two Cowboys fans are even still alive? :wink:

I was stationed at Bentwaters AFB near Ipswich from 88 to 90. Use to love pub crawls. I do remember the sidewalks rolling up about 6pm and pubs closing at 9. Only thing open was Babas Kabobs. However, I also remember how awesome the people were there and how they would take you in show you a great time. Had the time of my life there. Had I of known how fast 20 years goes by, I would have put in my 20 over there in Europe and been retired now. I don't remember ever being more happy than I was in Europe. I too ran into a lot of Cowboys fans when I was there.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

I was stationed at Bentwaters AFB near Ipswich from 88 to 90. Use to love pub crawls. I do remember the sidewalks rolling up about 6pm and pubs closing at 9. Only thing open was Babas Kabobs. However, I also remember how awesome the people were there and how they would take you in show you a great time. Had the time of my life there. Had I of known how fast 20 years goes by, I would have put in my 20 over there in Europe and been retired now. I don't remember ever being more happy than I was in Europe. I too ran into a lot of Cowboys fans when I was there.

Indeed. Kabobs...It was at Effi's Crab House where I had my first Moroccan food. I couldn't stop eating, it was so damn good. And you're right, the English are very accommodating people. I returned to London once more a couple years ago for work, and our customer there took us to pubs all over the countryside. I definitely plan to go back. Yes, I definitely could spend some time there.

You said it yourself that this was in 87, almost 25 years ago when the Cowboys were good. You think those two Cowboys fans are even still alive? :wink:

Yeah, I think so. It was a middle-aged man and his son was about 10 or 12. I think that's the size shirt we got for the lad. On the other hand, with the NHS over there...you may have a point! :fishy:

Edited by CowboysDiehard