[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I never ( very seldome ) question a trade but man

MustOfBeenDrunk

Ok this is the thing the 2014 1st is coming from the power house 1st place team so most likely will be 1.012 next year

Pirates Swag Dynasty League Trade

Shiver Me Timbers gave up:

Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB

Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Shiver Me Timbers

Follow Me gave up:

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Commissioner Comments:

Pirates Swag Dynasty League Address:

http://www11.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/33059

What range is it looking like the 2014 1st is going to be?

Is the team getting the first looking to rebuild and/or needs runningback help?

Both of those questions are important and more info is needed, because if the 1st is high enough, I could see Andre traded straight up for one. With him not getting the TDs in recent years and getting injured, I don't see it as that out of line, especially if non-PPR.

What range is it looking like the 2014 1st is going to be?

Is the team getting the first looking to rebuild and/or needs runningback help?

Both of those questions are important and more info is needed, because if the 1st is high enough, I could see Andre traded straight up for one. With him not getting the TDs in recent years and getting injured, I don't see it as that out of line, especially if non-PPR.

like I said in my OP the draft pick will be 1.12 much like a 2nd round pick

The powerhouse team dangled a 1st rounder to a team that I'm guessing isn't in strong contention, to solidify his team for a championship run. The problem is?

the problem is I wasn't the one getting this deal :angry: but seriously Johnson isn't worth more than a 2nd round flyer ?

all dynasty sites have him top 10 and you never know and very seldom does a 12th. rookie pick pan out

Last year in a 5 man keeper I traded a 3rd round pick (so basically 8th round) for Chris Johnson. There's no way I could draft him at that spot if he was not kept (surely would be gone in first 2 rounds based on other RBs selected and their rankings).

Was that a trade that should be questioned and labeled unfair? I got a player that was better than the one I could pick, the other guy gets a pick for a player he wasn't keeping.

Last year in a 5 man keeper I traded a 3rd round pick (so basically 8th round) for Chris Johnson. There's no way I could draft him at that spot if he was not kept (surely would be gone in first 2 rounds based on other RBs selected and their rankings).

Was that a trade that should be questioned and labeled unfair? I got a player that was better than the one I could pick, the other guy gets a pick for a player he wasn't keeping.

no

the problem is I wasn't the one getting this deal :angry: but seriously Johnson isn't worth more than a 2nd round flyer ?

all dynasty sites have him top 10 and you never know and very seldom does a 12th. rookie pick pan out

No matter what it's still a first rounder...and if the owner has his other 1st he can always use the two to move up in the first if he wants...As for AJ's worth vs a 1st round pick, it really depends on the team makeup...if your team sucks and you're likely to have a top5 draft pick you're not trading that for AJ...sometimes the rich get richer...at least initially.

like I said in my OP the draft pick will be 1.12 much like a 2nd round pick

That actually sounds much like a 1st round pick to me.

If you allow trading of future draft pick, you forfeit all right to complain about trades involving them. This is mild, wait until someone get AP for a 3rd.

This passes the smell test IMHO. The recipient of Brandon Jacobs gets a starting RB (though back into the mix when Andre Brown returns) and a high draft pick (win later strategy). The Andre Johnson recipient gets immediate WR help while sacrificing future returns (win now strategy).

That actually sounds much like a 1st round pick to me.

If you allow trading of future draft pick, you forfeit all right to complain about trades involving them. This is mild, wait until someone get AP for a 3rd.

Homophobe ........................................................ and if post this 10 more times can I join the BeeR club :peace:

Yes you guys are all correct but missed the biggest problem ( that I pointed out earlier here )

That is I was not part of this trade

Yesterday morning was a very slow day for the boards & I was bored

Plus you guys are all Racist & Homophobes

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk