[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mile High Stadium

BA Baracus

My wife and I are attending our first Broncos game this weekend. I have Club level tickets and I am super pumped to attend. I have a hotel downtown and am also staying Monday. I would really appreciate any advice that Denver homers could give me.

I am flying into Denver Sunday morning arriving at 11am. My plan is to grab a taxi to my hotel, have him wait outside while I drop our luggage with the concierge, and then have him drop us at the stadium. based on what I have read, I am conservatively estimating arriving at the stadium by 1pm. Kickoff is at 2:25pm.

Is my itinerary realistic given game day traffic? (2 hrs to get into town and then over the stadium) I have read that it is a 45 min drive from the airport to LoDo.

What sort of pregame activities should I check out at the stadium?

Is there any chance of getting an autograph on game day during warmups?

I really like craft beer and I understand that Denver is a Mecca of sorts. What pubs should I check out in LoDo Sunday night?

Should I wear my Elway jersey or my Manning jersey? (I feel like my first DEN game should be Elway, but Manning is making history, I am soooo torn)

I want to get some apparel in the team shop. Is the one on the south side of the stadium definitely the one to hit up?

Any other suggestions or considerations?

I have heard about tilted kilt on some travel sites.

I will be at the Homewood Suites near the convention center. Looks like about 15th and Welton. I was looking at the Sky Ride, but given my tight 3 hr window between arrival and kickoff, I figured I should bite the bullet and pay up for a cab.

Not a Denver homer but was just out there this summer. We had an evening out from our work conference at the Rock Bottom Brewery (Curtis an 16th) and thought the food and beer were good. Looking at the area map there are a lot of micro breweries there.

Tilted Kilt is a chain, and while the food and drink are good, the women attractive and dressed skimpy, its not a place I'd consider a destination in a city that has so many unique places. Its like Hooters with a Scottish twist.

As far as transportation from the hotel, we used Super Shuttle which was reasonably priced and provided good and quick service. You might try them (search online should provide info).

Not a Denver homer but was just out there this summer. We had an evening out from our work conference at the Rock Bottom Brewery (Curtis an 16th) and thought the food and beer were good. Looking at the area map there are a lot of micro breweries there.

Tilted Kilt is a chain, and while the food and drink are good, the women attractive and dressed skimpy, its not a place I'd consider a destination in a city that has so many unique places. Its like Hooters with a Scottish twist.

As far as transportation from the hotel, we used Super Shuttle which was reasonably priced and provided good and quick service. You might try them (search online should provide info).

Yeah, Rock Bottom is a chain too... so... :shrug:

Go to Tilted Kilt. Good food, and the beer selection is great and you can have it served in your own personal bong-like dispenser. :lol:

And the Rio.... they actually have a 2 margarita MAXIMUM... unless of course you can prove you can handle a third (or fourth :brow: )

falling rock tap house

celtic tavern

fados

wynkoop brewery

good margaritas at rio

food:

rioja

bistro vendome

vesta

osteria marco

euclid hall

cru

panzano

gumbeaux

Nice list. Some of these are on my short list from searching the innernets. Thanks bud!

What an awesome experience. Since I had the flight and hotel covered with points and miles (work travel finally paying off...), I splurged on the tickets and got club level seats. The seats were spectacular, the food was great, the home and visiting fans were super cool, it was just all-around sweetness.

I hit the following restaurants, which were all fantastic. In parenthesis is what I had at each. I highly recommend all of them.

Freshcraft (dinner and beer)

Rioja (dinner and wine)

Wynkoop Brewery (beer and mixed drinks)

Euclid Hall (beer)

Snooze (brunch)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...