[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jason Witten is GAAAAAAARBAGE

robert terni

Witten's production or lack there of, is a direct result of no Running game. Teams can double both Dez and Witten thus Williams getting double digit targets per game. I was very surprised Beasley got no targets at all today. Romo had time too but credit the Lions D as they played well in coverage all day for the most part. Murray has to stay healthy for this team to have any chance at consistency which in itself is an oxymoron cause Murray hasn't stayed healthy ever. Where the hell is the screen game? There again I blame the coaching staff for having ZERO creativity. I see teams week in and week out create plays and we look vanilla all the time. Psssss screw it, just gonna settle in for another average season fighting for the playoffs with a 8-8 or 9-7 record.

Witten's production or lack there of, is a direct result of no Running game. Teams can double both Dez and Witten thus Williams getting double digit targets per game. I was very surprised Beasley got no targets at all today. Romo had time too but credit the Lions D as they played well in coverage all day for the most part. Murray has to stay healthy for this team to have any chance at consistency which in itself is an oxymoron cause Murray hasn't stayed healthy ever. Where the hell is the screen game? There again I blame the coaching staff for having ZERO creativity. I see teams week in and week out create plays and we look vanilla all the time. Psssss screw it, just gonna settle in for another average season fighting for the playoffs with a 8-8 or 9-7 record.

Yes but with Romos new HUGH contract he is suppose to have some keys to the play calling and what goes on... how bout dial up a little Witten with some screens or pop passes that has worked superbly in the past :shrug: Really 2 catches if Gates can still do it so can you????

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Wildly inconsistent from a FF perspective, but not garbage as a player. The Cowboys have had O-line issues, and Witten was called upon to pass protect a lot yesterday. I think you have to play the matchups game with Witten now a bit, but getting Murray back should help his numbers. BTW: the run game yesterday looked awful against the Lions, with 2.4 YPC on 26 attempts. Yes, the Lions know how to defend against the run, but watching Randle, Dunbar et al plod around was painful.

Whitten has had slow games and others have been pretty big. He isn't top dog but he gets points when he can......Would you really drop Whitten for someone like Jordan Reed? If RG3 goes down he drops his value. Jimmy Graham, and JThomas have had a few bangups too. TE is a tough position to get a solid stud sometimes

Whitten has had slow games and others have been pretty big. He isn't top dog but he gets points when he can......Would you really drop Whitten for someone like Jordan Reed? If RG3 goes down he drops his value. Jimmy Graham, and JThomas have had a few bangups too. TE is a tough position to get a solid stud sometimes

Cousins was getting the Ball to Reed after RG111 left the game.

Edited by Scorcher

Here's the problem with Witten this year as a fantasy owner.

1. He will do anything to win even if that means blocking and help keep Romo upright to pass to the other players.

2. Witten will not complain if he isn't getting the ball.

3. Dallas has a pretty bad O-Line and it's worse now that Waters is gone for the season so he will be called on to help block even more.

4. Too many other playmakers on the team.

Here's the problem with Witten this year as a fantasy owner.

1. He will do anything to win even if that means blocking and help keep Romo upright to pass to the other players.

2. Witten will not complain if he isn't getting the ball.

3. Dallas has a pretty bad O-Line and it's worse now that Waters is gone for the season so he will be called on to help block even more.

4. Too many other playmakers on the team.

Those are some good points. I'll wait to see how how the next game or two goes. If he doesn't produce before the bye week I may have to let him go as well

For me it simply is a question of who could I replace him with? Had I acted sooner I would have grabbed Reed, I don't even have a backup TE and wasn't planning on doing much until Witten's bye. I've been busy struggling with other position issues and was lulled into a the belief that I have a top 5-10 TE, and that is good enough for the season (just need a warm body for the bye).

Looking more closely at his scores, 2 big games (wk 1 & 5), one decent game (6 points week 3) and the rest are 4 points or less (non-PPR). So yeah, I probably should have snagged Reed to use in tandem. But even looking at his weekly production, and that of other free agents, it isn't that much better than Witten. So I have to decide, is it worth the roster spot for two TE that are about the same and drive myself nuts because I didn't play the better one. (I'm already doing that at kicker with Hauschka and Crosby.)

Besides, as somebody else pointed out he started slow and then had a better second half. That could happen again.