[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Football causes me stress

robert terni

The whole week I thought my matchup was the easiest..this is who I faced...

Qb Stafford

Rb helu

Rb ivory

Rb randle

Wr nelson

Wr Cruz

Te Cumberland

K NO kicker...he forgot to pick one up

Def-broncs

AND I LOSE!!!! I WAS projected to score 170 and he was projected 110 I lose 112-99..every damn week I'm projected to score over 160 and I never do..sick of it

One guy in my league was starting Ryan mike james, Mjd, Blackmon, desean, witten, fitz, bengals. Facing Brady sproles leveon welker Cruz graham boldin pats d

Tied up w only a couple mins left in Atlanta Arizona game. You know the rest. Ryan picked. He loses. Ultimate kick in the groin.

First thing I'd ask is where are these projected scores coming from? Is it on the site where you run league, like ESPN, Yahoo, CBS, MFL? If so ignore that, I play on CBS and their projected scores are notoriously bad.

As for your specific result and stress, your team just didn't perform as well as you needed, this week and at times during the season. It isn't horrible (RG3, Green, Thomas, Djax, Witten) are all good, just underperforming at times.

If FF stresses you out too much take a year off, it is just a game don't let it rule your life or subtract too much from your enjoyment of the NFL.

• Like 3

I know man wtf like my projections for the super lotto only got like TWO NUMBERS RIGHT. Who are these clowns and why would you post projections if you aren't going to get them right. I already had a hugh loan I started to fill out paperwork on and was gonna get a boat and a car and a house and a horse and a island and a big screen and a new grill so I could cook a pig.

I know man wtf like my projections for the super lotto only got like TWO NUMBERS RIGHT. Who are these clowns and why would you post projections if you aren't going to get them right. I already had a hugh loan I started to fill out paperwork on and was gonna get a boat and a car and a house and a horse and a island and a big screen and a new grill so I could cook a pig.

An island thats big enough to need a horse and a car? It wouldnt happen to to be a red station wagon with a canvas top and sans door? I miss Herve Villechaze.

Totally agree. Big names like RG3, McCoy, Gronk all lay an egg. Was projected to win big and I got crushed. I've already written off this year, but for me the most frustrating thing is the "experts" bragging on how they "nailed it" on Monday morning. Until you are able to project that Marvin Joes will do better than Gronk, or that Peyton Hillis will outscore McCoy, just shut up already. It is 99% luck.

• Like 1

It is 99% luck.

+10001 All websites are speculating. Some do it better than others (the Huddle)

What can you control: Your draft. Your roster. Your line up.

What you cant control: Everything else.

It is 99% luck.

+10001 All websites are speculating. Some do it better than others (the Huddle)

What can you control: Your draft. Your roster. Your line up.

What you cant control: Everything else.

Luck does play a big part of it, but if you think FF is 99% luck then stop doing research and just start picking players blindly...see how you'll be rewarded...short term you might win but no way you consistently win that way...and fwiw, I do think luck is more prevalent in re-draft than it is in dynasty leagues.

My my... so many panties, so many bunches.

Would you all have the same angst if you were in a points-only league? I'm guessing the vast majority of us are in head-to-head leagues. We all know how it goes, you face a team with mediocre talent only to lose by 5 or 6 points. But how many times have YOU been on the other end? Those are the times you forget. You only remember the times when you lose to scrubs... not when your guys have a huge week and beat up on someone.

If you don't like it, form a points-only league or get into a best ball type of league.

I'm in a Fantasy Sportswriters Ass'n league where I'm 1st in points but only 4-4. :sad:

I'm in a 16-teamer where I'm 1st in points by a country mile and am 6-2... really should be 8-0 but had one week of bye week issues and just got pummeled by the 2nd-best team in the league and another week where my guys just didn't show up and lost by 5. :sad:

Gotta realize that luck (and who you're faced up with in a given week and THEIR luck) is a huge part of it. Draft well, trade well, make smart pickups and let the chips fall. Get into the playoffs and then it's a different ballgame.

Gotta realize that luck (and who you're faced up with in a given week and THEIR luck) is a huge part of it. Draft well, trade well, make smart pickups and let the chips fall. Get into the playoffs and then it's a different ballgame.

This X1000. Sometimes your team will just blow up. Everyone scoring, everything looking great only to check your league scoreboard and find the guy your playing is also having a big day. Then you look at the scores of all the other teams in your league and realize you would be destroying the other 10 teams but unfortunately for you, you happen to be playing the other top team that week (happens to me more than I can count and it's what drives me nuts the most as well).

Then there's the flip side. Your squad is barely on life support and your opponent is also sucking wind and you eek out a 2 point win from the 52 yarder your kicker just made.

Like what was said, draft well, trade well, do your homework on the WW and play the best collection of players you can. The owners that are paying attention to all these details 9 times out of 10 are making the playoffs and winning championships.

Edited by 'canes2004