[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doug Martin ...any updates?

djk80

I live in Tampa. We have 3 rather attentive sports radio stations, and during today's drive time none of them showcased the Martin story. I worked my way around the radio dial for about an hour (rush hour traffic blows here). I certainly could have missed a tidbit here and there but Martin returning in week 10 wasn't a leading story. If Martin is back it would have been big news.

Here is a link to Schiano's presser. Listen in at the 1:50 mark and judge for yourself. Schiano sounds optimistic but somewhat off the cuff. After listening I estimate that Martin will be back by week 11/12.

I assume you're being facetious but it's actually pretty accurate and germane to the subject at hand. :shrug:

Yep was being facetious. Somebody mentioned the comment about him playing this week, but couldn't locate a source. I tried to see what I could find and posted it. Then I'm told Schiano is an Ahole and they don't trust anything he says. How is that helpful, its only his opinion.

Everybody knows Schiano is a dick, but he made a statement about his players and that is what we were discussing. People can believe it or not, but I'm not going to dismiss it just because some anonymous poster on a forum tells me "I don't believe him".

Actually I'm surprised that an expert like yourself considers his response helpful.

Had he told us to start with that he had inside knowledge, and could get get info from somebody in the Bucs organization that may have carried some weight. Because maybe his opinion is based on more info than we have.

Yep was being facetious. Somebody mentioned the comment about him playing this week, but couldn't locate a source. I tried to see what I could find and posted it. Then I'm told Schiano is an Ahole and they don't trust anything he says. How is that helpful, its only his opinion.

Everybody knows Schiano is a dick, but he made a statement about his players and that is what we were discussing. People can believe it or not, but I'm not going to dismiss it just because some anonymous poster on a forum tells me "I don't believe him".

Actually I'm surprised that an expert like yourself considers his response helpful.

Had he told us to start with that he had inside knowledge, and could get get info from somebody in the Bucs organization that may have carried some weight. Because maybe his opinion is based on more info than we have.

Expert? :shrug:

Yes, it provides good info. I wouldn't trust what Schiano says.

Expert? :shrug:

Yes, it provides good info. I wouldn't trust what Schiano says.

Sorry I thought you were a huddle staff member (thought it used to say that by your name) and I presumed they only hired experts.

Many don't trust Schiano, but I doubt it is because anything Joebirds said/posted.

http://nfltraderumor...doug-martin-ir/

"Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reports that the Buccaneers will make a decision regarding RB Doug Martin before Monday night’s game against the Dolphins. According to Stroud, the Bucs are leaning toward placing Martin on season-ending injured reserve.

“You know I think it’s really just going to be a medical decision,’’ Bucs HC Greg Schiano said regarding Martin. “At what point do you say Monday is out of the question? We’ll see. And if it is, I think it’s going to be all or nothing. It’s got to be a decision we’ve got to make. Everyone collectively has got to make a decision and we’ve got to go with it. When we make it, I’ll let you guys know and we’ll move forward with it.’’

Martin suffered a torn labrum, which is expected to require surgery at some point. Martin still hasn’t practiced, despite some optimism that he could play at some point in the near future.

Previous reports indicated that the team was hoping that Martin would be able to rehab the injury and return to the field, but that is apparently unlikely to happen.

The Buccaneers are likely to continue leaning on Mike James in the coming weeks. We’ll have more as the news is available."

Edited by Shorttynaz

no idea why a team with 0 wins would roll a player out there that needs surgery. Especially a young star. just dumb to me

Schiano owns Martin in his FF league. His team, IWannaBeBelichick, is also winless in the RotoRutgers league. The league. comprised of retired NJ State penal officers, is a redraft so Schiano doesn't care about the kid's future. Martin has been in the Flex spot all year and Schiano refuses to replace him.

The current IWannaBeBelichick roster is:

QB - Brain Hoyer

RB - DJ Ware

RB - Ben* Vereen

Flex - Doug Martin

WR - Mike Williams

WR - Arrelious Benn

TE - Aaron Hernandez

K - Lawrence Tynes

Def - Bucs

* - Coach's nickname. While on IR only refers to him as "Come Back Shane"

no idea why a team with 0 wins would roll a player out there that needs surgery. Especially a young star. just dumb to me

Martin has been put on season ending IR

Last week on the radio we talked the Martin situation thru and I said with Schiano being a dead man walking that I'd be shocked if the Bucs played him again this year.

Edited by keggerz