[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Midseason report from huddle subscribers what is your teams record and what place are you in?

FatalFact

My main team (see signature) is 3-5 and currently in 6th place, but I'm 3rd in total points...I've lost 4 in a row (ouch!)...my league is very competitve as five teams are 5-3 and five teams are 3-5...four teams make the playoffs which begin NFL Week 15...I need to get on a roll, quickly! Good luck, all...

Edited by the outlaw

#1 First place injuries: Cobb, Vick Ballard

#2 2nd place head to head injuries: Vereen

#3First place in division ( 3 divisions, as of now a playoff contender) Injuries: White, SJax, Foster

This has been a year of horrendous injuries and no site can be blamed for that.

Edited by Scorcher

If you want to gauge how strong your team is a slightly better way would be to look at your all-play record. It's easy to take bad beats on a week to week basis, but an all-play record does a better job of giving a snapshot of what your team really looks like.

As an example:

In one league I'm 6-2 and first in my division. My all-play is 64-56

The 2nd place team in my division is 5-3 but has an all-play of 86-34.

I've scored 98.43 fewer points than he has this year.

He's had 100.13 more points scored against him than I've had this year.

In the same league there's another guy that's 3-5.

He's 2nd in points scored (the guy in 2nd place behind me is 1st)

His all-play record is 82-38.

Record wise he's in 11 place out of 16 teams...Easy to see his team is MUCH better than his record shows.

Edited by keggerz
  • Like 1

In my main league I am 3-5 and in 9th place.

TBH I kind of expected a little more bang for my buck but I guess I have some brutal matchups (I'm first in points scored against me.)

How are you all fairing?

Am I reading this correcty? You expected to have a better record based on "bang for your buck" being a Huddle subscriber? So it's the site's fault you're doing so poorly? :thinking:

• Like 1

3-5 in my main league, but mostly thanks to bad luck. Got negative from Vick last week, Cutler didn't do anything the week before. If I get 17+ points out of my QB spot, I win both weeks.

If you need 17+ points from your QB spot then other spots are letting you down. You can read the article in my sig to see what I'm talking about.

If you want to gauge how strong your team is a slightly better way would be to look at your all-play record. It's easy to take bad beats on a week to week basis, but an all-play record does a better job of giving a snapshot of what your team really looks like.

As an example:

Record wise he's in 11 place out of 16 teams...Easy to see his team is MUCH better than his record shows.

Great point on the all play being a better indicator.

I am NOT a subscriber this year, but am 6-2, however my all play record is 44-43-1, so yeah I've had some luck.

If you need 17+ points from your QB spot then other spots are letting you down. You can read the article in my sig to see what I'm talking about.

Well wouldn't that greatly depend on the scoring rules? You cannot just assume that 17 points from a QB is a big game. We do 6 pt passing TDs, 1pt/50 yards passing (1pt per 10 rush/rec yards). 17 points would be 250,2 which isn't a very big week in today's passing NFL. Would have read your article if I was paying to see what it says, I'm sure its good and makes a point about QB values.

Just looked at the QB scoring in my league, 1st is Manning with 225, next Brees at 160, 12th is Kaep with 118. So excluding the stellar Manning, QBs 2-12 average about 15-20+ PPG (depending on who has had their bye).

(If I were a subscriber I'd read the article, I'm sure it is good and makes some good points.)

As an example:

thanks, keggerz...this is very helpful...i've played FF for many years, and never really knew how to interpret the "all play" data...my team's (from post above) all play record is 35-37, so i guess i haven't been as strong as i would like to think (even w/the 3rd highest point total)...LOL

Lets see

Team #1 4-4 in 4th place. 3 losses have been from losing by 6pts or less and getting blown out in week 1. Cutler getting hurt and losing by 6.have the most faith in this team (in sig)

Team # 2 3-4 in 6th this team has been doomed since the start with having ray rice, james jones and sjax getting hurt/under performing and all around under performing.

Team #3 4-2 in 3rd starting out 0-2 and on a 4 game winstreak. Injury to cobb hurt a lot but this teams decent.

3-5 in 9th place. I'm also second overal in total points scored. To put that in the perspective, I have scored 100 points more overall than the guy who is in 1st place at 6-2. WTF?

...this game really is a crap shoot. I don't care how good you draft or how well you manage your team. You still need luck on your side.

Edited by Macksimus
  • Like 4

Started out 4-0 in one league and traded that team to another owner for his 0-4 team plus $200. Now my new 0-4 team is 2-6.

But I'm $200 richer. And I still have some stake in my old team if they win the championship.

4-4 in my other league.

Well wouldn't that greatly depend on the scoring rules? You cannot just assume that 17 points from a QB is a big game. We do 6 pt passing TDs, 1pt/50 yards passing (1pt per 10 rush/rec yards). 17 points would be 250,2 which isn't a very big week in today's passing NFL. Would have read your article if I was paying to see what it says, I'm sure its good and makes a point about QB values.

Just looked at the QB scoring in my league, 1st is Manning with 225, next Brees at 160, 12th is Kaep with 118. So excluding the stellar Manning, QBs 2-12 average about 15-20+ PPG (depending on who has had their bye).

(If I were a subscriber I'd read the article, I'm sure it is good and makes some good points.)

yeah, the scoring in my league is squirrely too...there's a huge dropoff @ QB from #1 (Peyton @ 304) to #2 (Brees @ 190), or based on avg/week about 11 points per week difference...Stafford is at #3 w/164...i'm assuming the #s are somewhat relative across most leagues, though, except when you have leagues with scoring anomolies - for example, my league rewards muliple TD games: 1st TD (passinig/rushing/receiving) = 6 pts, 2nd TD = 8 pts, 3rd TD = 10 pts, and 4th - xx TDs = 12 pts...to show you how extreme this is, Marvin Jones scored 47 pts in my league last week with a stat line of 8/122/4!

Anyway, I like the all play stat as an indicator...

Great point on the all play being a better indicator.

I am NOT a subscriber this year, but am 6-2, however my all play record is 44-43-1, so yeah I've had some luck.

I think that the article is free, but I'm not 100% sure. and yes, scoring matters but unless it's really crazy it shouldn't impact things to much...mainly because it's relative across the league.

Edited by keggerz

People join this sight to get advice and insights for Fantasy Football. One thing that people don't seem to realize is that to get the best result you learn and improve on making your own decisions: this comes from the forums, the articles, and the projections. If you are one who comes here expecting this sight to make all your decisions for you then why are you playing? Some of the posts remind me of people I met in college: when talking about a grade if they got an "A" they would say"I got an "A". If they got a "D' or an "F" they would say "He gave me an "F".

Edited by Scorcher
  • Like 2

I think that the article is free, but I'm not 100% sure. and yes, scoring matters but unless it's really crazy it shouldn't impact things to much...mainly because it's relative across the league.

Thanks it is, and I think I read it earlier in the year.

6-2 thus far, tied for 1st place. Been extremely fortune and have had no injured players so far (knocks on wood). Huddle has certainly provided some great insight that has helped make logical decisions that backed up my gut feelings. Big plus to the writers/researchers.

Funny you should ask. Last night I was crying in my Guinness, with the foam up to my eyebrows while submitting my waiver claims, and thinking, WTF, what happened to my beautiful team (s):

Team #1 3-5 in 8th of 12 place. Was 0-5 and have won 3 straight since trading my Shady/Bowe for Lacy/Demaryius/Jeffery. More luck than anything else...I stepped in it.

Team # 2 3-5 in 8th of 12 place again. Calvin was my #1 pick followed by SJAX, Cobb, Ridley, Wilson. Talk about a Pox on my house! Fortunate to be in striking distance. Picked up Woodhead, Jeffery, Reed and Allen. And of course Calvin has turned into Calvin.

Team #3 5-3 in 4th of 12 pace. Steady team with Forte, Alf, Cobb and Cruz. Have overcome loss of Cobb with a trade for Vernon Davis and picking up Ellington last week. Been playing Russian Roulette with Vick/Kaep and so far with no Deer Hunter finale. Finally dumped Vick yesterday for Locker and never felt better.

7-1 (1st), 6-2 (1st), 5-3 (tied 2nd), and 4-4 (5th). That is 22-10 overall, and every team is a playoff contender after eight weeks. I am very happy with the quality of research and information I get from the Huddle, and for me the customizable draft kit alone is worth the dough.

In my Hannibals BOTH league I'm 6-2, tied for 1st in my division and 3rd in total PF. PPR league and I drafted WR heavy. We can start 3. I'm about where I thought I'd be. Knock on wood but I've been pretty lucky in the injury dept. so I'm hoping that trend continues and I can make a playoff run.

In my local 3 man keeper/re-draft I'm 7-1and in first place. We have a solid group of owners for sure but I'm head and shoulders a better FF owner than 3/4 of them so I'm where I should be. 12 team league, 3 divisions, PPR, 4 teams make the playoffs. I haven't missed the playoffs in at least 10 years. Again, I've been lucky in the injury dept. (knock on wood again) so that always helps and I do my homework. I'm weak at the TE position and hoping that Wright kid in Tampa will help that some. Knowshon has been saving my ass at the FLEX so very lucky there. Playoff bound for sure.

Edited by 'canes2004

Started out 4-0 in one league and traded that team to another owner for his 0-4 team plus $200. Now my new 0-4 team is 2-6.

But I'm $200 richer. And I still have some stake in my old team if they win the championship.

4-4 in my other league.

You traded your whole teams for cash? Never thought of that before - if you still have a financial stake in your old team I wonder if that opens up collusion possibilities? :thinking:

Back to the thread topic: I'm 6-2 in my main league in 1st, all play is 52-36 - 4th best in a 12-team league. WRs have been weak but followed the Huddle's lead with TWilliams and Boykin and have staunched the bleeding at least.

4-4 in my other league.

:shocking:

Wait........ what?

This would never fly in any of my leagues or any leagues I could fathom existing. Do your leaguemates know about this?

The league where I lost Julio, I am 7-2 and first overall in points and just took down the team that was 6-1 this week.

Other leagues:

-Work league (free...meh): 5-3, second overall

-Big $$$ league: 4-4, tied for 4th of 10.

-Local #2: 3-5 (Too many injuries to count. Started 0-3, clawed to 3-3, then lost my last two)