[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S Vereen

chiroacademy

all indications are that he's on-track to return as soon as eligible and immediately resume his role as a PPR beast...i've been holding him for several weeks now (originally drafted him, but dropped him and reacquired)...

Right when I need him. I have been holding him all season and am on the playoff fringe. I need him to put me over. Hope he is 100% and thrust right back into the starting gig.

I've had him stashed for weeks. Expecting big things...big things

I agree he's worth a stash but why "big things"? From what we've seen the NEP offense is not the 2012 version and proving to be extremely hard to predict. Candidly, I had the choice of picking up Vereen or Andre Brown and went for the latter. Brown has less upside but his role appears more clear cut.

Edited by wpayers

Also, keep in mind that Ridley has scored in 3 straight games now. I really wish Vereen had gotten the chance to take the job and run with it while Ridley was sucking it up, but he has been fairly productive the past 3 games.

I guess the good thing is how much the passing game has been struggling lately...I would hope that Vereen takes his spot back as the pseudo Aaron Hernandez-type.

Could you ever really feel good about owning a Belichick RB? Remember when Maroney had the monster year and went first round the next season, only to get 1/2 of the carries and generally fade away? If you are comfortable with huge weeks interspersed with near zeros, he could be worth owning/starting for teams with sketchy RB's.

all indications are that he's on-track to return as soon as eligible and immediately resume his role as a PPR beast...i've been holding him for several weeks now (originally drafted him, but dropped him and reacquired)...

+1

Added him back this week. Hoping you're right about "PPR beast" but realistically I think we'll have to wait and see how much they use him right away. I was not going to start McGahee this week and he is on a BYE next week so it made sense to drop McGahee and get Vereen back now. Or, at least, hopefully it made sense.

vereen's touches will come regardless of what ridley does as vereen is the pass catcher and occasionally will tote the rock. he should be very solid in ppr formats.

+1

Added him back this week. Hoping you're right about "PPR beast" but realistically I think we'll have to wait and see how much they use him right away. I was not going to start McGahee this week and he is on a BYE next week so it made sense to drop McGahee and get Vereen back now. Or, at least, hopefully it made sense.

yeah, i would've definitely added him over mcgahee...i think you'll be very happy in PPR format...since we only start 2 RBs and have no flex position, i honestly just have him for depth and defensive purposes, as i don't see using him over either charles (bye week 10, so he won't help there) or forte down the stretch...

...and in standard leagues?

in standard format, as others have stated in this thread, i think you'll have to take a "wait and see" approach, but IMO, the potential reward down the stretch could be pretty awesome for the risk...if "I" had a roster spot in a standard league, and he were available, i know "I" would add him, ASAP!

Also, keep in mind that Ridley has scored in 3 straight games now. I really wish Vereen had gotten the chance to take the job and run with it while Ridley was sucking it up, but he has been fairly productive the past 3 games.

I guess the good thing is how much the passing game has been struggling lately...I would hope that Vereen takes his spot back as the pseudo Aaron Hernandez-type.

If Ridley fumbles, Belichick won't hesitate to give Vereen all of the touches.

Edited by Scorcher

Vereen week 1 - 14 Attempts 101 yds. 7 catches 58 yds. Of course, no Gronk in that game. However, with Gronk playing, defenses will have to cover him and may open up the passing game for Vereen. I still like Vereen to catch 7 balls per game and garner 8+ carries per game. I tend to think of him as what Sproles once was (both have a tremendous TE), rushing committee but the RB that gets the passing downs. I still think that he is capable of averaging 100 total yds per game with a 50% chance of a TD per game. FWIW ... Scooby and I drafted him in several leagues and never cut him. He would be a nice flex option or RB 2 going forward.

Yards are yards, regardless if they come on the ground or through the air..

Ok, I just had a strong cup of coffee so I'll take the bait. Yard are yards, PPRs are PPRs but TDs are TDs. Assuming Veeren slides back into the uber 3rd down back he'll get his catches and yards and be far more valuable in a PPR than Standard league.But with Ridley, Bolden, and comically Blount, in the mix his overall touches/targets may be moderate and his redzone looks limited. There are so many factors in play with NE.

Edited by wpayers

Ok, I just had a strong cup of coffee so I'll take the bait. Yard are yards, PPRs are PPRs but TDs are TDs. Assuming Veeren slides back into the uber 3rd down back he'll get his catches and yards and be far more valuable in a PPR than Standard league.But with Ridley, Bolden, and comically Blount, in the mix his overall touches/targets may be moderate and his redzone looks limited. There are so many factors in play with NE.

I think it becomes Ridley and Vereen with Bolden stepping in if someone likes fumbling or gets hurt.....Blount becomes roster fodder....Vereen helps Brady do what he does best when he has a good ()or better in this case) TE and a pass catching RB....I would get Vereen if I had the roster spot...especially in a PPR format..

I epect Vereen to play a lot since the NE WRs have been so underwelhming. I expect Vereen to line up in the slot a lot an get plenty of catches with a few runs thrown in when Ridley is out. 20-30 yrds rushing, 70-80 yrds receiving, and .75 TDs a game once allowed to play (Week 11). NE needs him in the worst way possible and are holding their breathe waiting for him.

Rule # 1 of fantasy football: Always avoid New England running backs.

I thought that was Skeletor's RBs?