[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S Vereen

chiroacademy

I thought the gmen had to activate Brown by 4pm thursday last week or he would go on season ending IR. Why is Vereen's IR DFR different?

Good question, don't fully understand the rules. Was trying to find some info but I've got to head home soon. I'm sure BJ or somebody else can help out.

I did find one post on a forum that makes sene

Maybe an issue of PUP vs. IR, PUP has limitations (must return to practice in 3 weeks, must be activated 3 weeks after first practice) but IR is open ended. You need a freaking lawyer to understand some of this stuff.

I thought the gmen had to activate Brown by 4pm thursday last week or he would go on season ending IR. Why is Vereen's IR DFR different?

PUP have a maximum activation date, but i am not finding any maximums for IR/DFR, only 6 weeks min to practice and 8 weeks min to be activated. So not sure of what Brown's situation for a max is. :shrug:

PUP have a maximum activation date, but i am not finding any maximums for IR/DFR, only 6 weeks min to practice and 8 weeks min to be activated. So not sure of what Brown's situation for a max is. :shrug:

PUP vs IR DFR. Wasnt Brown PUP?

That is the latest he can be activated, and I suppose knowing BB he could do that.

He's still currently on IR and not on the Pats active roster. He has to be activated (and roster space made) before the game (90 mins b4 according to BJ). The game day active roster is smaller (something like 46 vs 53). Those are the ones we're all trying to get info on before kickoff to see if a player CAN actually take the field.

So if he is still on the IR at 12:30PM on Sunday, do you want to risk that he'll be playing and put him in your line-up? I don't own him so doesn't matter to me.

Maybe you understand/know all that already and we're just having an issue with semantics.

I wondered if it was like the Brown situation that BA referenced. I'm still confused to be honest. FWIW I have a flex spot that is either gonna be Vereen or Ridley so I can wait til mon evening to decide

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

Well, I've refrained until now but will add my 2 cents. Vereen has the versatility and talent to play all over the field, and Belicheck loves guys like that. He doesn't have to change out personnel to create mismatches, and Belicheck is a master at utilizing that.

I see Vereen as a must start unless you play in a start 1 RB league and have a bonafide stud. That goes doubly in ppr leagues. And that starts Monday night. I have a feeling Vereen owners are going to regret it Tuesday morning if they are going to play it safe.

• Like 1

Well, I've refrained until now but will add my 2 cents. Vereen has the versatility and talent to play all over the field, and Belicheck loves guys like that. He doesn't have to change out personnel to create mismatches, and Belicheck is a master at utilizing that.

I see Vereen as a must start unless you play in a start 1 RB league and have a bonafide stud. That goes doubly in ppr leagues. And that starts Monday night. I have a feeling Vereen owners are going to regret it Tuesday morning if they are going to play it safe.

Right on BB. I am putting him right into my line up and expecting big things.

With nothing to lose, I'll be trotting him out this week. He can't be any worse than Miller or Spiller.

I have Bell, Charles and FJax in my starting lineup currently, with Vereen on the bench . . . and I LOVE Vereen. I just want to see him play first. I think it all depends on your situation - I'm right on the playoff bubble in this league, so I have to go for the reliable/proven points of a FJax over Vereen. At least for this week . . .

David, is there any report from Patriots camp from Fri.'s practice on Vereen? Last report I saw on the page was from Thur. the 14th. Was wondering if there is any update? TIA.

As of right now, he has not been activated from the IR/DTR list. Reports are saying that he will more than likely be activated for MOnday's game, but even so, the dude hasn't played a down in 2 months. I wouldn't even consider him a flex option until next week at best.

As of right now, he has not been activated from the IR/DTR list. Reports are saying that he will more than likely be activated for MOnday's game, but even so, the dude hasn't played a down in 2 months. I wouldn't even consider him a flex option until next week at best.

I don't think it's a major concern, I mean it was his wrist that was injured. Basically he has been in continuous cardio shape and his legs are fresh. IMO thats a HUGE benefit for a RB. Being week 11, defenses are dinged up by this time and that to me is the deciding factor that makes Vereen a good start this week if active. I'm guessing a RB2 in ppr with upside.

Edited by RJV
  • Like 1

Pats dropped someone yesterday to make room. Fn Andre Brown came back from a broken leg last wk and carried it 30 times. It's a tough matchup but I'm starting him