[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The $$$ or the Bragging Rights?

Papa Deuce

Which is more important to you?

I love the $$$, and already have at least doubled my entrance fee with weekly winnings in my main league, but really I want the bragging rights. And so far I am just destroying this league. Never had a season like this before, and this is even including the loss of Julio and Randall Cobb.

Which is more important to you?

I love the $$$, and already have at least doubled my entrance fee with weekly winnings in my main league, but really I want the bragging rights. And so far I am just destroying this league. Never had a season like this before, and this is even including the loss of Julio and Randall Cobb.

After losing those two, which I assume were your top two wideouts, bragging rights would be solid

After losing those two, which I assume were your top two wideouts, bragging rights would be solid

Actually, because we play in a keeper league, I kept Julio and Calvin. Plus AP, and Rodgers...... We all must keep 4. And I am always looking to draft the next big thing.

I would actually say that the feeling of accomplishment is worth more than the bragging rights. I am not really a big bragger anyways. I have never played in a league where the money means anything to me, mostly because I am a poor student who can't afford it.

1. Accomplishment. Especially if I had to scramble due to injury or a sleeper pans out

2. Name on Trophy.

3. Bragging Rights. Not as important as when I was younger, but it is always nice at the draft to let everyone know who the reigning champ is.

4. Money. Usually when I win, I tell the treasurer to keep the entrance fee for next season and give me the rest. It is found money, which is nice, but give me 1 and 2 anytime.

When I join a league I usually intend on staying in the league for a long time and my goal is always to win the league at least once. I have won my main local. I won 2 BOTH leagues. I have 2 other both leagues that I have never won that I really enjoy and will keep on trying in. The money is just the icing on the cake like someone said above. I like to win for the satisfaction of making the right moves and playing the game . It is also fun to have the bragging rights and light hearted trash talking as well.

When I join a league I usually intend on staying in the league for a long time and my goal is always to win the league at least once. I have won my main local. I won 2 BOTH leagues. I have 2 other both leagues that I have never won that I really enjoy and will keep on trying in. The money is just the icing on the cake like someone said above. I like to win for the satisfaction of making the right moves and playing the game . It is also fun to have the bragging rights and light hearted trash talking as well.

This^ for me as well.

Nice to have my name on the trophy (only once in 20 years), and the money is just a welcome surprise.

I had to laugh the the discussion the other day about the two owners trading teams and some $$ because one guy just had to win and didn't think his team was a good return on his investment. Anybody (other than many Muto) who sees a league entry fee as an investment is playing for the wrong reasons (and needs some lessons on sound investments).

Obviously, in leagues with my buddies it's all about the Bragging Rights.

But interestingly, with the explosion of the massive online leagues (CBS, Yahoo), I've a joined a number of "anonymous" leagues, and there it's neither. Generally, in one of those leagues things get pretty testy so the competition is the driving factor. I'll never meet these guys but the banter and trashing is over the top. There are actually rants and ridicules after the waiver pick-ups. This year I have come across two absolute a-holes (they probably say the same about me) and the entire league wants to crush them. Unfortunately they both know what they're doing and field decent teams.

So in this case it's pure competition and really great fun. Once the league shuts down there's only silence...no bragging.

Money comes and goes.

I can make the humiliation of losing to someone like me last for years, maybe decades even.

Well, if I could actually win a championship, I could. I just know it. I can't wait.

Edited by Bronco Billy
  • Like 1

Stackin' dough like Henry Muto, I be all about the money yo

Collectin' fees in so many leagues, makin' bank like it ain't funny yo...

Herm Edwards always said you gotta play to win the game,

But me I'm just more interested in fortune, girls and fame...

The trophy don't mean nothing if it don't come with big fat stacks,

So go ahead and hold my money while I take yours and mine all back..

:dropsmic:

• Like 2

Money comes and goes.

I can make the humiliation of losing to someone like me last for years, maybe decades even.

:lol:

Love it :tup:

That made my day!

Straight cash homie :tup:

Obviously, in leagues with my buddies it's all about the Bragging Rights.

But interestingly, with the explosion of the massive online leagues (CBS, Yahoo), I've a joined a number of "anonymous" leagues, and there it's neither. Generally, in one of those leagues things get pretty testy so the competition is the driving factor. I'll never meet these guys but the banter and trashing is over the top. There are actually rants and ridicules after the waiver pick-ups. This year I have come across two absolute a-holes (they probably say the same about me) and the entire league wants to crush them. Unfortunately they both know what they're doing and field decent teams.

So in this case it's pure competition and really great fun. Once the league shuts down there's only silence...no bragging.

this