[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Justin Blackmon suspended indefinitely

Wolverines Fan

Per ESPN and rotoworld.

From rotoworld:

NFL suspended Jaguars WR Justin Blackmon indefinitely for another violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

His season is over. More to come.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

(RotoWire) Blackmon has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse, the Jaguars' official site reports. Analysis: Blackmon, whose suspension begins immediately, will be eligible to apply for reinstatement before the start of the 2014 season. His absence figures to free up looks in the Jags' offense for the likes of Mike Brown, Ace Sanders and Stephen Burton.

Chances are that if you're getting suspended from your job multiple times and probably fired, you have a legit substance abuse problem. As long as no one else is getting hurt, I hope he gets help and sobers up.

this

It is an addiction and a problem beyond his own ability to resolve it.

and this

Just glad I've only got him in one league. Unfortunately, it's a league where I also have Harvin, Wayne, and Burleson (not to mention Owen Daniels). One team can only take so many hits before you just run out of options. I need somebody (Harvin or Burleson) to get healthy quick.

If it's truly an addiction, then I hope he gets the help he needs to get his life back in order, because it will free-fall until then.

If he's just a dumbass partying and not caring if he gets caught, then hopefully he can find work at a car wash somewhere.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Even if it's partially the latter, there's likely some level of addiction playing a part, as well. Something is causing him to make terrible decisions, when it's obvious that making other decisions would be in his best interest.

I'm not saying that he shouldn't be held accountable for his actions, but I don't think it's as easy as just labeling someone as either an addict or not.

Blackmon has been arrested for DUI (alcohol) is all I know for sure. He is NOT a thug or a big partier. When he was at OSU he would spend time following the other team sports especially women's basketball. For him to have repeatedly acted in this way to me says it is a very serious problem that has nothing to do with personal choice. It is a demon he has been saddled with that he alone cannot control. The guy is plenty smart. It is out of character for everything else he is about.

Until you battle addiction you will never know what it's like. Everyday is a battle.... I also don't believe you can be cured after an addiction like drugs or alcohol. What you learn is how to control the mind and temptation but it's there for life

Edited by ThatDude
  • Like 2

:lol:

Amateurs.

ATAP 2008 rookie draft

1.07. James Hardy

1.16 Limas Sweed

2.03. Brian Brohm

2.06 Malcolm Kelly

[\thread]

I can't remember for certain but I think I traded you that 1.7

Quite a few Huddlers drafted William Green at the end of round 1 in 2003.

I'd cop to drafting Green in the first but I've repressed those memories so much that I can't remember who I drafted.

From profootballtalk.com

Combining the four-game suspension with the eight-game suspension, Blackmon lost $966,000 in base salary. He also forfeits $1.33 million of signing bonus money for the 12 games missed in 2013, and he jeopardizes $3 million in signing-bonus money that was carved out of his signing bonus and converted to 2014 and 2015 roster bonuses.

That’s a total cost for now of $2.296 million, plus another possible $3.09 million if he doesn’t return to the league, or if the Jaguars cut him.

He’ll also lose base salary of $2.072 million and $2.914 million if he doesn’t return to the NFL, or if he’s cut by the Jaguars.

That’s a total actual and potential loss of $10.372 million. :shocking::wacko:

Blackmon has been arrested for DUI (alcohol) is all I know for sure. He is NOT a thug or a big partier. When he was at OSU he would spend time following the other team sports especially women's basketball. For him to have repeatedly acted in this way to me says it is a very serious problem that has nothing to do with personal choice. It is a demon he has been saddled with that he alone cannot control. The guy is plenty smart. It is out of character for everything else he is about.

with all due respect, I disagree. If it were true an addict(alcoholic in this case) has no choice, he/she would drink continuously until locked up or dead. There would be no stopping prior to one of those ends. no one who ever had an addiction would ever be able to stop if they truly had no choice. The fact that many addicts use some (but not all) of the time coupled with the fact that many people who are addicted to something do stop using it confirms there is indeed a choice. What do we often hear therapists, counselors, etc say? The individual has to want to the help. They wouldn't say that if there was no choice for the addict because it would not matter...

No one is addicted to something they have never had. Most addicts choose to try something, like it, and do it again. And again and again. In time they develop a dependency which is proven to be very real. To suggest their "disease" leaves them no choice but to use (when it was their choice to use that lead to their "disease") does not compute. A person can't blame alcoholism for making them drink when it was their drinking that lead to the alcoholism.

And (as I have said previously in another thread) I am in NO way attempting to make light of addiction nor belittle anyone who struggles with it. I just firmly believe the path to conquering ones demons begins with holding oneself accountable for the choices he/she has made that have lead them to where they are, deciding that is not where they want to be, and choosing to do something about it.

• Like 2