[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on Incognito bullying Martin...

irish

As a school teacher and having character education/bullying/harassment as a pretty big part of the focus, seeing this story got me thinking about how some of these guys are just schoolyard bullies and instead of taking someone's lunch money, they're taking thousands of dollars to fund trips to Vegas.

It's unreal and it's gotta feel pretty sh!tty for Martin being ostracized by at least Incognito, if not others as well.

We'll see what's really going on as more details are released.

My dad always taught me not to start a fight but finish one. I got picked on a few times growing up. I finally got tired of it and knocked out the bully cold in front of most of the school. Never had problems with bullies again

Edited by ThatDude

It's a man's sport. Martin needs to grow a pair or go check into the looney bin

Maybe Martin is on the overly sensitive side, but the kind of nonsense described in the articles does not build team camaraderie. It is one thing to prank the rookies in their first camp, but after two years the bull-sh!te must be getting old.

• Like 1

I readily admit I do not know the details of this story and pretty much don't care to.

That said, my impressions:

How exactly does one bully a guy who goes head-to-head with extraordinarily large, strong, athletic monsters like DLs for a living? And as a corollary, given the above, who does a guy like that allow himself to be bullied and instead just drop gloves and have it out mano a mano - even if you lose the fight the bully backs off, since they trade in easy victims and generally want no part of trading punches.

I readily admit I do not know the details of this story and pretty much don't care to.

How exactly does one bully a guy who goes head-to-head with extraordinarily large, strong, athletic monsters like DLs for a living? And as a corollary, given the above, how does a guy like that allow himself to be bullied and instead just drop gloves and have it out mano a mano - even if you lose the fight the bully backs off, since they trade in easy victims and generally want no part of trading punches.

How? Honestly, because some people just beg to be bullied and Martin might be the type. Some people can't read, some can't write, some can't add, some can't speak in public and some just don't know how to socialize. And that last part may apply to both Incognito and Martin. Incognito, as mentioned before, is a total d!ck, while Martin may be the type who can't take a joke and who is oversensitive. The two together create the perfect storm for a bullying situation. Martin wants to fit in desperately but may not know how to go about doing so and Martin, being the d!ck, takes advantage of him. Martin just might be a mental midget.

Edited by irish

It's a man's sport. Martin needs to grow a pair or go check into the looney bin

He currently is getting help according to reports.

How exactly does one bully a guy who goes head-to-head with extraordinarily large, strong, athletic monsters like DLs for a living? And as a corollary, given the above, who does a guy like that allow himself to be bullied and instead just drop gloves and have it out mano a mano - even if you lose the fight the bully backs off, since they trade in easy victims and generally want no part of trading punches.

Just because he is big and scary, and takes on big scary guys in the game doesn't mean he's willing to drop gloves and fight with his team mates. Some people are just not wired like that.

The grow a pair statement comes from somebody that is probably very much like Martin's teammates who enjoy teasing and bullying people. If you show it bothers you they just heam more honda on you. Just a bunch of immature jackasses. And as some of the guys said this morning on the pre game shows (NFLN mostly for me) it says something about the locker room that this stuff continued to go on and got to this point.

• Like 2

He currently is getting help according to reports.

I heard he checked straight into a hospital after the incident. He clearly has some sort of mental/emotional problem going on.

That being said, sounds like his teammates are complete trash as people.

Edited by Ron677

Just because he is big and scary, and takes on big scary guys in the game doesn't mean he's willing to drop gloves and fight with his team mates. Some people are just not wired like that.

The grow a pair statement comes from somebody that is probably very much like Martin's teammates who enjoy teasing and bullying people. If you show it bothers you they just heam more honda on you. Just a bunch of immature jackasses. And as some of the guys said this morning on the pre game shows (NFLN mostly for me) it says something about the locker room that this stuff continued to go on and got to this point.

Very well said. There are just too many guys in this world that base everything on if you have a problem, then drop the gloves and throw down. It's caveman thinking and just shows how injured some people are that it has to come down to a fight to solve things.

• Like 1

On the other hand, it can be taken too far the other way - and is, in today's increasingly and ridiculously hypersensitive, boo hoo mommy I'm offended world. People are becoming so coddled and it's actually seen as a good thing - the result being a society so aburdly fragile, we're turning into freaking china dolls. Short of something extreme (like legitimate mental illness, history of child abuse etc), I have no sympathy for people who have a hissy or fall to pieces if someone so much as goes "boo" in their direction, or anyone else's direction, for that matter. Welcome to life, which isn't always easy and people aren't always nice. Generally speaking, people should be expected to learn how to deal with it, not over-protected or excused from running away from it. Those who try to coddle such people (or expect it themselves) are the ones who need to grow up and learn to stand up for themselves and learn to deal with it. No that doesn't mean get into a fistfight, but it also doesn't mean running away bawling either. The idea that someone who thinks people should stand up for themselves and basically not be p*ssies "must be just like Martin's teammates and enjoy bullying" (blah blah blah) is ridiculous.

Edited by BeeR

off topic some but my daughter has been getting bullied at work by ex-employee and without me or her mom knowing on facebook too, well this came to an end last night when the girl showed up at our house and text my daughter saying she was here was not going any where until my daughter came out for her azz-beating , I looked over her shoulder and read the text. Told my wife & before I knew it the wife was on her way out the front door with my daughter following her , my wife like my daughter is 5'2 & 120lbs so I go flying out the door and when I get see 6 girls all early 20's , my wife tells the Bully (Big girl)to get back in her car , take her friends and kick rocks. The bully said what are you going to do " Your like 50 " so my wife says I will show you walks up to her, the girl swings on her,, my wife one shot knocks her out cold , then body shots another and drops her & kicks another upside the head. We had the cops at our house for 4 frigging hours last night !!!!!!!!!

When the cop asked my wife for her statement she said " She called me 50 " my wife is only 47 LOL , sorry to high jack the thread on such a serious subject , but bottom line no charges on my wife , the girls came to our house and my daughter had 106 cyber-bully messages to show the cops , then the cops said they know of this girl , she has multiple assault charges , We don't like Bullies in this house , so I fell for Martin ,,

Side note: my wife taught martial arts for 23 years & now is so depressed that she lost her self control she won't even talked to us except to apologize

• Like 3

Side note: my wife taught martial arts for 23 years & now is so depressed that she lost her self control she won't even talked to us except to apologize

That's usually the case. However, someone was messing with her kid and she gave them fair warning to get going. They asked for it. Now sure, could the cops have been called? Yes, but no use crying over knockout blows.

Bullying is no joke and cannot be taken lightly.

• Like 1

That's usually the case. However, someone was messing with her kid and she gave them fair warning to get going. They asked for it. Now sure, could the cops have been called? Yes, but no use crying over knockout blows.

Bullying is no joke and cannot be taken lightly.

First time my wife has fought on the streets and it is really I mean really messing with her because she knows she could of hurt someone seriously ,, AGIAN I don't won't to hijack this thread but would like to say the other girls were all arrested ( total of 27 felonies ) for possession & under the influence of meth , weed & alcohol & terrorist threats ,,, the next door neighbor called the cops before the fight even started because I guess they were hanging out front of our house drinking & smoking Josh Gordon for 20 minutes before even texting my daughter , by the way my daughter fired her two years ago for getting high at work in the bathroom. My daughter only 18 a the time was manager & this is a Up-scale Deli chain, this is why the girl says she was bullying her

I was walking my 10 year old daughter into school when anothet girl started calling her weirdo(my daughter has OCD). Before I knew what happened, I had grabbed the bully girl's Hello Kitty hairband, thrown it on the ground and stomped on it. Then I told her Santa was not real and it was really her parents giving the presents. When the bully girl started crying, I became aware of what I had just done out of anger/primal parental protection. Not having any Kleenex or a handkerchief to give her I ran away and hid in my minivan, while my daughter laughed at the bully girl and said "owned".

• Like 7

incognito has been suspended indefinitely by the team while an investigation goes on involving him and hate crimes against martin.

It's easy on the Internet to post "I would have done this" or make fun of Martin because his situation became public. Most likely those saying they would have kicked Incognito's a** do not know all of the details and would not have done so, but it's the Internet so we can say we would have done whatever we want and make ourselves sound as tough as we want. For example, if I was president on 9/11, Al Qaeda would be wiped out and we'd have world peace now because that's just how I was raised.

Edited by Eagles28
  • Like 2

off topic some but my daughter has been getting bullied at work by ex-employee and without me or her mom knowing on facebook too, well this came to an end last night when the girl showed up at our house and text my daughter saying she was here was not going any where until my daughter came out for her azz-beating , I looked over her shoulder and read the text. Told my wife & before I knew it the wife was on her way out the front door with my daughter following her , my wife like my daughter is 5'2 & 120lbs so I go flying out the door and when I get see 6 girls all early 20's , my wife tells the Bully (Big girl)to get back in her car , take her friends and kick rocks. The bully said what are you going to do " Your like 50 " so my wife says I will show you walks up to her, the girl swings on her,, my wife one shot knocks her out cold , then body shots another and drops her & kicks another upside the head. We had the cops at our house for 4 frigging hours last night !!!!!!!!!

When the cop asked my wife for her statement she said " She called me 50 " my wife is only 47 LOL , sorry to high jack the thread on such a serious subject , but bottom line no charges on my wife , the girls came to our house and my daughter had 106 cyber-bully messages to show the cops , then the cops said they know of this girl , she has multiple assault charges , We don't like Bullies in this house , so I fell for Martin ,,

I can understand how your wife is feeling . My daughter has been taking Tae Kwon Do for the past 6 months and they stress to these kids about bullying and how to handle it. They even have a 5 step rule on handling bullies. These teachings are put in to martial arts to protect the student and also protect others from the student because they don't want to be training these kids and have them use their training adversely and start smacking kids around for no reason. It is always stressed to try and end a situation with your words or go to someone in authority first (parent, teacher, the Tae Kwon do school master) . That's why your wife feels like she let the situation get the better of her. That being said, I feel that your wife was 10000000 percent justified in my opinion. Those girls didn't come to your house to sell cookies, they came to take their already existing mental bullying against your daughter to the next level of physical bullying. God bless your wife. I'm glad she kicked their asses. I friggin love your story :bow: Edited by whomper
  • Like 2

It's easy on the Internet to post "I would done this" or make fun of Martin because his situation became public. Most likely those saying they would have kicked Incognito's a** do not know all of the details and would not have done so, but it's the Internet so we can say we would have done whatever we want and make ourselves sound as tough as we want. For example, if I was president on 9/11, Al Qaeda would be wiped out and we'd have world peace now because that's just how I was raised.

No doubt. All these internet tough guys are hilarious. Incongnito is a player not conducive to the chemistry that makes a championship team.

This isn't the playground where someone knocks over your sandcastle, this is big time sporting business where the difference between winning and losing is minimal. You should exploit EVERY advantage you can...from working harder in the weight room, doing extra routes, playing injured, playing out of position....AND not treating your teammates like sh!t.

If Incognito wasn't playing football, he'd be a bouncer in a redneck bar.

Depending on what Incognito said or did, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets an NFL lifetime ban. If this happens, I predict there will then be criticisms of PC and over-reaction on the NFL's part. But, Incognito has done enough in his history as an NFL player where he already should have been considered for long term suspensions and/or bans in the past.