[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on Incognito bullying Martin...

irish

Teams knew about Incognito coming out of college. In 2005 the Colts had him on their "DNDC" list. That's Do Not Draft because of Character list. Curious how many other team stayed away for that reason. The Rams didn't. Picked him in the 3rd.

His NFL foolishness has been well documented but evidently he's been a scoundrel for quite some time.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9926139/richie-incognito-miami-dolphins-used-slurs-messages-jonathan-martin

Multiple sources confirmed to ESPN that the following is a transcript of a voice message Incognito left for Martin in April 2013, a year after Martin was drafted:

"Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of s---. I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. [i want to] s--- in your f---ing mouth. [i'm going to] slap your f---ing mouth. [i'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. F--- you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

Man, that's some disturbing stuff.

Plus 1 million. During yesterdays NFLN pregame they were talking about this, and Michael Irvin said there has to be some rules in the locker room. One thing we had was things you don't talk about, wives/GFs, mothers (family) and money. Those are off limits.

Seems the MIA locker room had no such rules, or at Incognito didn't follow them. I doubt he acted along though.

Plus 1 million. During yesterdays NFLN pregame they were talking about this, and Michael Irvin said there has to be some rules in the locker room. One thing we had was things you don't talk about, wives/GFs, mothers (family) and money. Those are off limits.

Seems the MIA locker room had no such rules, or at Incognito didn't follow them. I doubt he acted along though.

you're 100 percent correct. again, something we talk about in school, bullies are the main threat but the bystanders are just as powerful. whether they actively and openly support the bully and/Or bully themselves, or they just watch and don't do anything about it, they're at fault.

• Like 1

Here's a school video about Being the G and fighting against bullying and mistreatment of others, that our faculty made, headed by our guidance counselor -

And the skit we did to explain bullying and all the parts involved -

Our Principal played the part of the kid being picked on and I was the bully while my wife was one of the B's. SHe was the first B out wearing the white shirt and red pants.

Edited by irish

I can understand how your wife is feeling . My daughter has been taking Tae Kwon Do for the past 6 months and they stress to these kids about bullying and how to handle it. They even have a 5 step rule on handling bullies. These teachings are put in to martial arts to protect the student and also protect others from the student because they don't want to be training these kids and have them use their training adversely and start smacking kids around for no reason. It is always stressed to try and end a situation with your words or go to someone in authority first (parent, teacher, the Tae Kwon do school master) . That's why your wife feels like she let the situation get the better of her. That being said, I feel that your wife was 10000000 percent justified in my opinion. Those girls didn't come to your house to sell cookies, they came to take their already existing mental bullying against your daughter to the next level of physical bullying. God bless your wife. I'm glad she kicked their asses. I friggin love your story :bow:

Whomper you correct about the teachings & my wife being justified in her actions but she still doesn't see it that way.

and I think some of her disappointment comes from about 6 years ago she had serious back surgery and because of that and financial problems because of the medical bills we ( she ) decided to sell her studio , one of her top students purchased it and kept it going. Well one of the responding officers that night that took the report was the student she taught & sold her MA studio to. She couldn't even look him in the eye. He stopped bye yesterday though on his day off and offered her an appointment with the department therapist just for a causal talk (therapist is a personal friend of his) and thankfully she excepted and goes to see her tonight @ 6pm , this is after hours and all free because of the respect he and the rest of the department has for her , I sure hope this helps she stopped beating herself up over this

When the story first came out I was in the "he needs to toughen up" boat, but as more parts to the story have come out, it is increasingly obvious that he tried to tough it out for quite a long time. Just because he is a 300lb lineman doesn't mean he is someone who fights well, or even if he fights well, likes to fight. If he is being harassed by the whole o-line, what is he supposed to do, fight them all? It is very easy to feel secluded in such an environment, and a team is supposed to be a brotherhood.

• Like 3

Whomper you correct about the teachings & my wife being justified in her actions but she still doesn't see it that way.

and I think some of her disappointment comes from about 6 years ago she had serious back surgery and because of that and financial problems because of the medical bills we ( she ) decided to sell her studio , one of her top students purchased it and kept it going. Well one of the responding officers that night that took the report was the student she taught & sold her MA studio to. She couldn't even look him in the eye. He stopped bye yesterday though on his day off and offered her an appointment with the department therapist just for a causal talk (therapist is a personal friend of his) and thankfully she excepted and goes to see her tonight @ 6pm , this is after hours and all free because of the respect he and the rest of the department has for her , I sure hope this helps she stopped beating herself up over this

good luck to your wife bro

• Like 1

off topic some but my daughter has been getting bullied at work by ex-employee and without me or her mom knowing on facebook too, well this came to an end last night when the girl showed up at our house and text my daughter saying she was here was not going any where until my daughter came out for her azz-beating , I looked over her shoulder and read the text. Told my wife & before I knew it the wife was on her way out the front door with my daughter following her , my wife like my daughter is 5'2 & 120lbs so I go flying out the door and when I get see 6 girls all early 20's , my wife tells the Bully (Big girl)to get back in her car , take her friends and kick rocks. The bully said what are you going to do " Your like 50 " so my wife says I will show you walks up to her, the girl swings on her,, my wife one shot knocks her out cold , then body shots another and drops her & kicks another upside the head. We had the cops at our house for 4 frigging hours last night !!!!!!!!!

When the cop asked my wife for her statement she said " She called me 50 " my wife is only 47 LOL , sorry to high jack the thread on such a serious subject , but bottom line no charges on my wife , the girls came to our house and my daughter had 106 cyber-bully messages to show the cops , then the cops said they know of this girl , she has multiple assault charges , We don't like Bullies in this house , so I fell for Martin ,,

Side note: my wife taught martial arts for 23 years & now is so depressed that she lost her self control she won't even talked to us except to apologize

Your wife is awesome. She sounds like my wife.

You should press trespassing charges against that dumbass that came to your house.

• Like 1

I posted this on twitter, "Everyone & I mean everyone, is entitled to work in a harassment free environment. No matter how big or tough they are.

I would think that the Dolphins would have to treat their employees like all other employers in the US, unless there's a loophole where a "member team" doesn't have to follow employment law and promote a harassment free workplace. This may lead to big penalties(lawsuit) filed by Martin against his employer and Incognito for the damage he caused. It makes sense why Martin's parents refused to agree to a joint statement with the team that failed their son. People say that Martin should grow a pair and knuckle up, but the mental damage is more painful that the physical for many people, and these guys are supposed to be on the same team. They're supposed to have each others back and support one another. Kids go through this stuff when they're in grade school and middle school, and very rarely as adults. This may end up being as much a fault of the Dolphin organization for letting this go on under their noses and not addressing it as management. I'm curious if Martin reported other issues to the team in recent past and what the Dolphins did about it. Allowing Ingocnito a spot on the players council makes the Dolphins sound like they had the mob running their locker room.

Edited by mitpdub
  • Like 1

I think the talk will help her and I think she will realize eventually that 6 people coming to your house to do your child harm is certainly grounds to start letting fists fly. They had no clue your wife was a skilled fighter and were already starting to disrespect her. It was going to end in physical confrontation. I guess your wife wishes she wasnt the one to start getting physical first but 6 on 2 and knowing those girls intentions, she was certainly within her rights. Good luck with the situation Edited by whomper
  • Like 1

Just saw on MNF the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen said Incognito to be released

Sometime during the game (or pregame, maybe halftime) they said that he probably won't be released right away. All about the money and his contract. They can (have) suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team, and hold back 5 weeks pay (a hefty amount), and possibly some other things. If they release him they have to pay him the full remainder of his contract this year if he isn't signed by another team.

I think the talk will help her and I think she will realize eventually that 6 people coming to your house to do your child harm is certainly grounds to start letting fists fly. They had no clue your wife was a skilled fighter and were already starting to disrespect her. It was going to end in physical confrontation. I guess your wife wishes she wasnt the one to start getting physical first but 6 on 2 and knowing those girls intentions, she was certainly within her rights. Good luck with the situation

Not to keep adding to the off topic discussion but his wife didn't start it, at least not what I understood from this (his original post)

"so my wife says I will show you walks up to her, the girl swings on her,, my wife one shot knocks her out cold ,"

Sounds like the girl who came to the house took the first swing. Which makes sense since he also said his wife wasn't arrested/charged. I'd assume if she had swung first that might be different.

His wife is probably just upset that she got violent at all, because she didn't really need to, at least not to the extent she did.

• Like 1

I would think that the Dolphins would have to treat their employees like all other employers in the US, unless there's a loophole where a "member team" doesn't have to follow employment law and promote a harassment free workplace. This may lead to big penalties(lawsuit) filed by Martin against his employer and Incognito for the damage he caused. It makes sense why Martin's parents refused to agree to a joint statement with the team that failed their son. People say that Martin should grow a pair and knuckle up, but the mental damage is more painful that the physical for many people, and these guys are supposed to be on the same team. They're supposed to have each others back and support one another. Kids go through this stuff when they're in grade school and middle school, and very rarely as adults. This may end up being as much a fault of the Dolphin organization for letting this go on under their noses and not addressing it as management. I'm curious if Martin reported other issues to the team in recent past and what the Dolphins did about it. Allowing Ingocnito a spot on the players council makes the Dolphins sound like they had the mob running their locker room.

That's my assumption too, but I haven't found anything to make it a fact...yet.

Just saw this on the NFL site, not sure what to make of several Dolphins including Wallace supporting Incognito. Seems they don't think things went too far. I wonder if they saw the transcript of the VM that Dickyboy left for Martin (which they read at halftime last night).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000276773/article/richie-incognito-has-support-in-dolphins-locker-room

I posted this on twitter, "Everyone & I mean everyone, is entitled to work in a harassment free environment. No matter how big or tough they are.

Agreed.

Don't matter if you're Cain Velasquez or Candy Cane...you should not ever have to fight someone to get them to leave you alone at work if you don't want to.

Shouldn't have to outside of work, either, but there are some dbags who just leave you no other out.

ETA: OK, Velasquez is probably not a good example to use there but I think people will get the point. :lol:

Edited by Delicious_bass

off topic some but my daughter has been getting bullied at work by ex-employee and without me or her mom knowing on facebook too, well this came to an end last night when the girl showed up at our house and text my daughter saying she was here was not going any where until my daughter came out for her azz-beating , I looked over her shoulder and read the text. Told my wife & before I knew it the wife was on her way out the front door with my daughter following her , my wife like my daughter is 5'2 & 120lbs so I go flying out the door and when I get see 6 girls all early 20's , my wife tells the Bully (Big girl)to get back in her car , take her friends and kick rocks. The bully said what are you going to do " Your like 50 " so my wife says I will show you walks up to her, the girl swings on her,, my wife one shot knocks her out cold , then body shots another and drops her & kicks another upside the head. We had the cops at our house for 4 frigging hours last night !!!!!!!!!

When the cop asked my wife for her statement she said " She called me 50 " my wife is only 47 LOL , sorry to high jack the thread on such a serious subject , but bottom line no charges on my wife , the girls came to our house and my daughter had 106 cyber-bully messages to show the cops , then the cops said they know of this girl , she has multiple assault charges , We don't like Bullies in this house , so I fell for Martin ,,

Side note: my wife taught martial arts for 23 years & now is so depressed that she lost her self control she won't even talked to us except to apologize

Good for her. The only thing I worry about now is in the past you could lump a guy or girl up and that's it. Now days these kids think they have to spray everyone with gunfire. I'm glad you only had to deal with knuckles, as I would have been afraid I may lose my life over just throwing a few fives. Sad

That said, I would have gotten your wife something special for that scene alone. She needs to know that that was awesome, wish you had it on youtube. Could have made some serious money and been on Letterman.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Just saw this on the NFL site, not sure what to make of several Dolphins including Wallace supporting Incognito. Seems they don't think things went too far. I wonder if they saw the transcript of the VM that Dickyboy left for Martin (which they read at halftime last night).

http://www.nfl.com/n...ns-locker-room

That's a terribly written article. Darlington was on NFL AM with this footage. Wallace's comments on video were very clearly qualified with "from what I saw". Every guy they interviewed acknowledged not knowing any details on the exact interaction between Martin and Incognito - Darlington's exact words. Typical media scum selectively reporting to stir up controversy and encourage page clicks.

No one is going to support the guy's usage of the n word, his threat to honda in the guy's mouth, punch his mother's face, or kill him. No one. It's 2013.

Edited by flemingd
  • Like 1

Good of her. The only thing I worry about now is in the past you could lump a guy or girl up and that's it. Now days these kids think they have to spray everyone with gunfire. I'm glad you only had to deal with knuckles, as I would have been afraid I may lose my life over just throwing a few fives. Sad

That said, I would have gotten your wife something special for that scene alone. She needs to know that that was awesome, wish you had it on youtube. Could have made some serious money and been on Letterman.

If I was to do that I would be the one getting lumps from her , maybe even if she knew I have made these post because she wants NO ONE to know that she lost her cool , she had preached to many over the years to walk away ( never run away ! ) because words are just words , so never turn your back , never run but never fight unless it is the last resort :shades:

This morning though she is doing much better , she even cooked me breakfast before I left for work & laughed a little about the situation when she asked me how I wanted my eggs , I said anyway you want to cooked them my love , I know better then to argue with you now ,, she laughed & said about time :lol:

That's a terribly written article. Darlington was on NFL AM with this footage. Wallace's comments on video were very clearly qualified with "from what I saw". Every guy they interviewed acknowledged not knowing any details on the exact interaction between Martin and Incognito - Darlington's exact words. Typical media scum selectively reporting to stir up controversy and encourage page clicks.

No one is going to support the guy's usage of the n word, his threat to honda in the guy's mouth, punch his mother's face, or kill him. No one. It's 2013.

I know reporters can twist words, and I admit to not watching the video that was on that link.

So none of these guys saw the transcript of the message Martin got from Incognito? Or they did but didn't comment on it?

Not one of them mentions Martin or wishing he was there, or that maybe something went to far. I'm skeptical that none of them knew anything or even heard about the content of that message.

If I was to do that I would be the one getting lumps from her , maybe even if she knew I have made these post because she wants NO ONE to know that she lost her cool , she had preached to many over the years to walk away ( never run away ! ) because words are just words , so never turn your back , never run but never fight unless it is the last resort :shades:

This morning though she is doing much better , she even cooked me breakfast before I left for work & laughed a little about the situation when she asked me how I wanted my eggs , I said anyway you want to cooked them my love , I know better then to argue with you now ,, she laughed & said about time :lol:

LOL. I don't blame her one bit. It's cool to walk away but you don't threaten mamma's babies. NO way she walks away from that. Now if it was someone messing with her yeah, she would have had the calm to walk away but like a mamma bear you can step to one of her cubs if you want to, but you better know that 10 times out of 10 that's your a$$.