[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on Incognito bullying Martin...

irish

Not to keep adding to the off topic discussion but his wife didn't start it, at least not what I understood from this (his original post)

"so my wife says I will show you walks up to her, the girl swings on her,, my wife one shot knocks her out cold ,"

Sounds like the girl who came to the house took the first swing. Which makes sense since he also said his wife wasn't arrested/charged. I'd assume if she had swung first that might be different.

His wife is probably just upset that she got violent at all, because she didn't really need to, at least not to the extent she did.

You know what. You are right. I thought the girl just insulted her. she actually swung. Case even more closed. Mrs. Norris was in the right beyond a shadow of a doubt
  • Like 1

off topic some but my daughter has been getting bullied at work by ex-employee and without me or her mom knowing on facebook too, well this came to an end last night when the girl showed up at our house and text my daughter saying she was here was not going any where until my daughter came out for her azz-beating , I looked over her shoulder and read the text. Told my wife & before I knew it the wife was on her way out the front door with my daughter following her , my wife like my daughter is 5'2 & 120lbs so I go flying out the door and when I get see 6 girls all early 20's , my wife tells the Bully (Big girl)to get back in her car , take her friends and kick rocks. The bully said what are you going to do " Your like 50 " so my wife says I will show you walks up to her, the girl swings on her,, my wife one shot knocks her out cold , then body shots another and drops her & kicks another upside the head. We had the cops at our house for 4 frigging hours last night !!!!!!!!!

When the cop asked my wife for her statement she said " She called me 50 " my wife is only 47 LOL , sorry to high jack the thread on such a serious subject , but bottom line no charges on my wife , the girls came to our house and my daughter had 106 cyber-bully messages to show the cops , then the cops said they know of this girl , she has multiple assault charges , We don't like Bullies in this house , so I fell for Martin ,,

Side note: my wife taught martial arts for 23 years & now is so depressed that she lost her self control she won't even talked to us except to apologize

I can understand your wife feeling really bad about it. I'm not generally the type that's going to throw down much but if someone messes with my kids...........I'm sorry but it's going down and it's not going to be pretty. She should feel proud that she restrained herself from doing more damage to those kids than she did. She should also feel that there is a time and place to step in and help your kids no matter their age and that was it. It's easy to sit back from here and say she should really feel good about herself, but impossible to understand how she feels. Hang in there, she rocks!

• Like 1

Every guy they interviewed acknowledged not knowing any details on the exact interaction between Martin and Incognito - Darlington's exact words.

I hear where you're coming from but find this very hard to believe. "Nobody knew nothin'" and that's the story - convenient but given that the coaches, per the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, asked Incognito to toughen Martin up I'm going to guess this was more widely known than those players were letting on.

I hear where you're coming from but find this very hard to believe. "Nobody knew nothin'" and that's the story - convenient but given that the coaches, per the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, asked Incognito to toughen Martin up I'm going to guess this was more widely known than those players were letting on.

The point was that while they were supportive of Incognito, they also didn't know the degree to which he was taking it with Martin. They weren't supporting the specific details as were being reported despite the article's very strong insinuations that they were.

Hartline has now stated that Martin joked and laughed about that message.

The other side of the story is now coming out. It should be interesting to see if any opinions change.

The other side of the story is now coming out. It should be interesting to see if any opinions change.

I heard on the news last night that he is meeting with special prosecutors in the next few days so I doubt much will change from Martin's side

I am really confused. Originally after hearing the voice mail it sounded like Incognito and Martin were mortal enemies and that Incognito REALLY hated him.

Now Tannehill says if you asked Martin a week ago who his best friend on the team was he would've said Incognito. They always got along well and spent a lot of time together and Incognito stood up for him.

Wtf is going on? This situation just makes no sense at all.

• Like 1

My guess is that every player (coach etc) in MIA is going to defend Incognito and hang Martin out to dry. They like one, the other was an outsider (intellectual, quiet, etc) and didn't fit in. I'm not sure I buy all this talk that the two were best buddies and got along great. But then I see coworkers who complain about others to people, but act like best buds with them. Just not how I do things.

Who knows, maybe Martin has some serious mental issues and just flipped. He could be a split personality or something, best buds with Incognito most ot the time, then suddenly not and got pissed about what he said.

One thing I do know, in most places of employement if you sent a message like that to your co-worker, you wouldn't be friends 6+ months later, and that person wouldn't be employed there anymore. (Yes I know, the NFL is not your average work place, but that doesn't make that msg ok either.)

In the end we'll probably see an overreaction by the league, the teams or others. All rookie hazing will be banned as a result. Or something to that degree.

I heard on the news last night that he is meeting with special prosecutors in the next few days so I doubt much will change from Martin's side

Incognito is a plague who reads like a textbook antisocial personality disorder. He creates the problem and then accepts no responsibility for his actions - hasn't that been his entire chivesing career? I can understand the locker room's juvenile attempt to close ranks but at the end of the day the people who own, manage, and run this organization needs to step up and re-establish order.

Lord of the Flies couldn't have scripted it any better. Hopefully the Dolphins have some adults lying around somewhere who can right the ship before their whole organization goes down in a blaze of misguided groupthink.

• Like 2

A buddy of mine had another suggestion that could also be true. The Dolphins need to have at least 1 of the 2 back to play. Incognito although a train wreck is the better of the two. Could it be possible that they are going to back up the guy they think is the better player to help the team win? Not sure, but something to think about.

A buddy of mine had another suggestion that could also be true. The Dolphins need to have at least 1 of the 2 back to play. Incognito although a train wreck is the better of the two. Could it be possible that they are going to back up the guy they think is the better player to help the team win? Not sure, but something to think about.

Wouldn't surprise me, but a pretty disgusting if that is what they're doing.

Tannehill's most recent comments just made this even more confusing. Who's telling the truth here???

There's got to be 3 or 4 different angles to this story depending on who you ask.

Coaching staff wanted to "toughen" Martin up.

The coaching staff had no idea.

Martin felt it was inappropriate/felt threatened.

Locker room thought Martin and Incognito were best buds.

Am I missing something?

A friend emailed me this:

Joe Philbin (Miami Head Coach)=Colonel Nathan Jessup

Jim Turner (Offensive Line coach)= Lieutenant James Kendrick

Richie Incognito=Lance Corporal Harold Dawson

Jonathan Martin=Private William Santiago

Name the movie!

Name the movie!

Your friend is most likely listening to Mangirl & Meatball in the morning as they have been going off on the "code red" crap all week.

Name the movie!

A Few Good Men

Martin is a vagina. The U.S. is turning into a giant vagina. Everyone is so PC and us the sheeple..eat it up.. Lap it up sheeple ...lap it up.

You are a giant mister. Let me guess, class bully in grade school? Kick sand on people at the beach?

Here's another take,

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9939308/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-miami-dolphins-bullying-scandal

• Like 1

Now Martin's attorney - didn't take long for him to lawyer up - is saying Martin had problems with multiple players on the team.

I have no idea who is right or wrong in this whole mess, but I do believe that we have been inundated with one side of the story and that there is a possibility that the truth is something other than what we have been lead to believe.

Dude is intelligent. Maybe he thinks he can get 20-50 mil in a settlement and retire young and fat. I really don't know what to think anymore. Its possible this dude really lived by keep your friends close and your enemies closer and he hated his teammates without them knowing. I would guess the most likely scenario is that he tried to laugh it off and play the part for a long time, but deep inside he was slowly cracking.

• Like 1

Dude is intelligent. Maybe he thinks he can get 20-50 mil in a settlement and retire young and fat. I really don't know what to think anymore. Its possible this dude really lived by keep your friends close and your enemies closer and he hated his teammates without them knowing. I would guess the most likely scenario is that he tried to laugh it off and play the part for a long time, but deep inside he was slowly cracking.

Okay, here's an alternative to that theory - and I want to make it clear I have no idea if it is true or not, nor am I pushing this as being the truth.

The guy took money to be a pro football player, and his coaches, team management, and team mates saw some real athletic talent there but that he was playing well below his ability because he wasn't aggressive enough. So the team tried to motivate him to play better, which included tactics that would thicken his skin and make him more aggressive. And instead of reacting positively to the motivational tactics he instead quit and then tried to blame everyone else for bullying him.

He sees that pro football is not for him, but he's found a way to make a lot more money by suing his former team and team mates.

Making tons of money for playing football is not for the faint of heart. It's a damned tough sport and is probably the pro sport most reliant on all players acting with a common passion and purpose.

Just an alternative thought.

Edited by Bronco Billy