[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on Incognito bullying Martin...

irish

same can be said for the hernandez case

Yeah, it could be, though physical and circumstantial evidence supports one side of that story much more than the other side.

Personally I think the comparison of the two situation is a reach of massive proportions, but if you think you can sell it , I say take your shot at it.

• Like 1

fwiw, things aren't always as they appear. Just because players are saying that Incognito and Martin were friends just means that that's what they saw. Think about this...have you ever found out someone was getting a divorce and you were floored because you thought they had a great relationship? Ever know or hear of someone that was being physically abused yet before finding out had no clue? I can say this because I was "friends" with someone earlier in my life. By all accounts, anyone that knew us thought that he and I were best of friends, but there was more to it. I'm not saying he bullied me, but he treated me like honda, usually more emotionally then anything else...taking stabs that most might say well, that "X just being X", after taking enough of it it all came to a head...we were business partners and I walked away, just had my fill, didn't care about the money, all I knew was that I didn't need "it" anymore...I never looked back and have never been happier. When we were "friends" I was living in an area where I didn't know anyone, my family was all over 2+ hours away, I went to HS with this guy and we ended up living near each other...so we became "friends" but I can look back on it now and see that it was all about what I could do for him and not much more...if things didn't fit his needs they didn't matter...that's not a friendship, but everyone else would have thought we were the best of friends...it festers, and at some point something makes you "snap" or "wake-up"...but just realize, not everything you see is as it seems.

• Like 1

fwiw, things aren't always as they appear. Just because players are saying that Incognito and Martin were friends just means that that's what they saw.

I call Incognito a sociopath. Even before this incident. A good sociopath could control his victim to the point where everything looks normal to the outside world -while the victim is actually living in terror.

Or the team could jut be "circling the wagons." Really hard to tell what is what at this point. All I know it was bad enough to blow the team up whatever it was. And Incognito was involved. So I've pretty much drawn my conclusions. Which Incognito has earned.

• Like 3

I have no idea who is right or wrong in this whole mess, but I do believe that we have been inundated with one side of the story and that there is a possibility that the truth is something other than what we have been lead to believe.

Yep. The truth always seems to be somewhere in the middle.

The thing that kills me about this story is the sensationalism by the media. I know its there job to get page clicks and ratings but at least lets get all the facts before we just continually slam everyone involved, whether its the organization, or stating Incognito is a sociopath, or questioning Martin's mental stability. The fact is that so far very few facts have been publicized. We have a voice mail and then two or three statements from Cornwell (who's interest in the case is naturally biased towards his side).

But even though that's all we got, lets get out there on TV or Radio and kill em all. Journalistic integrity be damned, its TMZ time! Dolphins are the worst organization ever, Incognito is an insane psycho, Martin has the mental toughness of a 4 year old child and just wants to sue the NFL!

Well, the Patriots have had there fair share of problems (Spygate/Hernandez) yet I don't think anyone smeared them nearly as much. Speaking of sociopaths, if this is the worst Incognito has done then yes he is a horrible person, but he is not a Hernandez, Carruth, or even Vick for the fact of the matter. Maybe conflict resolution is something that Martin is not adept at, but its still unknown what actions he did or did not take on his difficulties other then walking out. Yes damn it, I want the truth before ESPN, PFT, and whatever else media source just decides to run the team, the players, and the NFL in general into the ground.

Oh and occassionally some other sports conversation would be nice rather then Martin/Dolphins 24/7.

Edited by Def.
  • Like 1

That's been my experience much more often than not.

Then why propose your theory that he just gave up and is now trying to cash a big pay check by going after the Dolphins and the NFL.

When somebody says "I have this theory, no facts to back it up and not trying to convince anybody but this is what could have happened." I have to wonder does that person believe that is what happened, or that it is a reasonable possibility. If not why even propose it?

I'm not trying to be a dick but I was going to respond when I first read your theory to ask if you believe that? I'm not saying it cannot be true, just that the few facts we have so far don't really support it. And it seems to be an argument that the Incognito/Dolphins side would propose, like a defense attorney asking a rape victim if she was dressed provactively, is sexually active, or liked it. Sounds like something meant entirely to smear the other side.