[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gary Kubiak Collapse on the field

Cowboyz1

NFL head coach has to be one of the top 10 pressure jobs.

Definitely. I could never be a head coach. I don't have the personality for it. I wouldn't even have the heart to yell at players and would feel silly if I tried to do it anyway.

No idea how Schiano manages with all the hate directed towards him and all the "fire Schiano" stuff. In an interview he said it doesn't even affect him at all. I would want to hide under a rock for the rest of my life and feel embarrassed any time I walk out in public if I were in his shoes LOL

and he was clenching up in absolute pain? from collapsing over exhaustion? i don't think so. but then again, i'm just a doctor of love.

Yea that doesn't make any sense to me. Don't know how this "over exhaustion" could magically make someone double up in pain LOL. Has to be something else.

Sounds like they are still doing tests and he will remain in the hospital a while longer. One thing they mentioned does sound interesting and points possibly to some sort of blood clot or similar problem

Kubiak, who has been at a Houston hospital since Sunday night, was treated with an IV medicine -- tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) -- designed to break up blood clots, per medical sources.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9925764/gary-kubiak-houston-texans-hospital

Sounds like they are still doing tests and he will remain in the hospital a while longer. One thing they mentioned does sound interesting and points possibly to some sort of blood clot or similar problem

Kubiak, who has been at a Houston hospital since Sunday night, was treated with an IV medicine -- tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) -- designed to break up blood clots, per medical sources.

http://espn.go.com/n...texans-hospital

Hopefully he is home with his family soon ,

A Stroke perhaps?

http://espn.go.com/n...texans-hospital

I called that one. No history of serious illnesses, fell to a knee, couldn't open his eyes but was conscience, definitely sounded and looked like a stroke.

Never heard of a "mini-stroke". My guess it's only "mini" if it happens to someone else!

TIA Stroke

56 YO. I suffered a "mini stroke" in August. Spent two days on the stroke floor to run tests. Everything came back negative except the PFO in my heart [you should Google that too]. Came home and cut the grass and ran 55 miles the following week. Took about a month to feel "normal". Still have numbness in the toes of one foot. Ran 90 miles last week. Because of my good health I bounced back quicker than most. Strokes and the recovery from them can be highly individual. My heart is very strong, I just have a undetected birth defect. The truth is a stroke due to blockage can happen to anyone, at anytime.

Edited by MothAudio

TIA Stroke

56 YO. I suffered a "mini stroke" in August. Spent two days in the stroke floor to run tests. Everything came back negative except the PFO in my heart [you should Google that too]. Came home and cut the grass and ran 55 miles the following week. Took about a month to feel "normal". Still have numbness in the toes of one foot. Ran 90 miles last week. Because of my good health I bounced back quicker than most. Strokes and the recovery from them can be highly individual. My heart is very strong, I just have a undetected birth defect. The truth is a stroke due to blockage can happen to anyone, at anytime.

And here I thought a mini-stroke was what Taz does while watching pr0n. :what:

• Like 1

I called that one. No history of serious illnesses, fell to a knee, couldn't open his eyes but was conscience, definitely sounded and looked like a stroke.

Just to be clear there was no confirmation yesterday from tetsts that it was a stroke. I only mentioned that part because I found it interesting. They talked about it last night at half time, still didn't seem to know what happened.

OK, it was confirmed mini-stroke, saw story on NFL site

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000276824/article/gary-kubiak-suffered-ministroke-during-texans-game

Edited by stevegrab