[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Rodgers

Shorttynaz

How could ever have Seneca Wallace as your backup....That is poor planning by the packers orgnization.

Seriously? People act like starting QBs grow on trees, even when 1/4 of the teams don't even have a legitimate starter, and half aren't sure they have a franchise QB.

Find a team with a young entrenched franchise QB that is set with a backup (aside from Cousins, as I explain below)... Most don't have a luxury of talent to spend valuable draft picks or FA money to bring in a benchwarmer. They need it to build a good team around the QB. Mallet behind Brady (and we don't know for sure if he can actually deliver in real NFL games) and Cousins behind RG# (probably one of the rare situations where his style made a need for a good backup. Vick had Schaub for the same reason).

Plus there just aren't any out there. It's the highest paid position in football for a reason, because if you don't have one of the rare great ones, you better have a damn awesome team outside him.

I could go on all day about why it's a pipedream to expect both a great starter and good backup at QB, but if I were an owner or coach, I think the calculated gamble is to assume that you're toast without your starting QB, so why bother trying to bring in an inexperienced or under-talented backup to try to fill in for a franchise QB? You're probqably only losing draft position, when your fanbase wouldn't blame you.

Edited by delusions of grandeur
  • Like 2

One thing that I've learned about Rodgers is that he is the anti-Favre. Even if the injury is something he could come back in for, he realizes that it might be better for the team to sit out and recover rather than play poorly in this and the next few games.

• Like 1