[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy ecstasy!

marc_bucs

Let me set the scene I had lost practically all of my team to a bye week nightmare however on Monday I had 74 points the lad I was playing had 70 points with still another 2 players to play his WR and QB needed 5 points to beat me and I new I was staring defeat in the face and it was what I had expected!!

Then up stepped Aaron Rodgers and James jones and accumulated 3.68!! The rest is history

I saw several posts on Facebook where Myfantasyleague asks what you need on Monday night for the win. There were quite a few that said they needed Rodgers to have the worse game of his lifetime or to break a leg or arm.

Edited by MikesVikes

I agree BB, I won due to Rodgers lack of production last night, and I'm not reveling in that in any. I felt really bad when it happened. I'm not going to forefeit or give up the W, but I'm certainly not enjoying it.

People who hope for an injury or revel in one when it helps them anger the fantasy gods and will get theirs.

Fantasy football is amazing! I am not saying it is due to the Rodgers injury, but I lost my game by .1 points thanks to Eddy Lacy and his career high 150 yards and a touchdown. I needed him to only have 149 and a touchdown. I would think that with Rodgers in the game they would not have relied as heavily on the run, but I can't say that with any certainty. It sucks for the Rodgers (and GBP fans and his fantasy owners), but this year there is not an injury that surprises me anymore!

Put on your big boy pants!

:lol:

BTW, I'm not sure that the guy was celebrating Rodgers injury, rather the fact that he did win considering the improbability of him winning this week with the other team having Rodgers and Jones playing and needing only 5 pts.

I agree BB, I won due to Rodgers lack of production last night, and I'm not reveling in that in any. I felt really bad when it happened. I'm not going to forefeit or give up the W, but I'm certainly not enjoying it.

People who hope for an injury or revel in one when it helps them anger the fantasy gods and will get theirs.

And this is all superstition. There are no fantasy gods, it's just pure fact that we play a game where injuries happen and sometimes you're on the lucky end of them occurring and you win, other times not so much. So, there's no doubt that marc_bucs is celebrating today because of his shock in the fact that he won due to unfortunate circumstances with Rodgers suffering an injury (fortunate for marc_bucs' team). However, I'm sure that marc_bucs has been on the other end of players suffering injuries and his team/s losing and it'll certainly happen again as long as he plays the game.

And this is all superstition. There are no fantasy gods, it's just pure fact that we play a game where injuries happen and sometimes you're on the lucky end of them occurring and you win, other times not so much. So, there's no doubt that marc_bucs is celebrating today because of his shock in the fact that he won due to unfortunate circumstances with Rodgers suffering an injury (fortunate for marc_bucs' team). However, I'm sure that marc_bucs has been on the other end of players suffering injuries and his team/s losing and it'll certainly happen again as long as he plays the game.

Thank you for explaining that there is not an actual council of gods who preside over the fantasy football world, and smite the heathens who disrespect the honor of the game...

What people mean is that when you take to much pleasure in other's misfortune or become too arrogant, then "what goes around comes around", no matter whether you attribute that to God, karma or just weird coincidences that always seem to pop up. I know I've seen arrogance get obliterated by bad "luck", but then people like Opie still win after tempting fate, so I dunno....

However, in this case I think it's really just an innocent "I thought I had no chance" story, not cheering about the injury, but just amazed it went down like that.

• Like 3

I really struggle with guys who revel in player's injuries.

I don't revel in the injury itself, just the results that come from it. I didn't go "yessss" when reggie wayne tore his ACL, but I did do a happy dance when T.Y. Hilton scored 30 points the next game. I would do a happy dance if any wide receiver of mine got 30 points though, so the fact that an injury might have helped him along doesn't matter to me.

Edited by bud29

Yeah in no way do I celebrate in the fact that Rodgers got injured I would never want to see someone suffer in their career through injury! I was just ecstatic because I had already set myself up for a loss! I have had my fair share of bad luck with injuries drafting both vereen and julio jones!

Yeah in no way do I celebrate in the fact that Rodgers got injured I would never want to see someone suffer in their career through injury! I was just ecstatic because I had already set myself up for a loss! I have had my fair share of bad luck with injuries drafting both vereen and julio jones!

That Julio injury was a huge stinger for my team as well. I'm doing decently without him, but I can't help but think of how he'd help on my rough weeks.

Thank you for explaining that there is not an actual council of gods who preside over the fantasy football world, and smite the heathens who disrespect the honor of the game...

What people mean is that when you take to much pleasure in other's misfortune or become too arrogant, then "what goes around comes around", no matter whether you attribute that to God, karma or just weird coincidences that always seem to pop up. I know I've seen arrogance get obliterated by bad "luck", but then people like Opie still win after tempting fate, so I dunno....

However, in this case I think it's really just an innocent "I thought I had no chance" story, not cheering about the injury, but just amazed it went down like that.

Exactly!

There is a council of fantasy gods and they have hated me for 3 years. This year, they are smiling upon me. Must have been the goat sacrifices.