[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time to trade Jordy Nelson?

robert terni

Even with rodgers out nelsons still gunna get his targets. Its not like nelson got hurt...

This. You don't necessarily need to downgrade a WR just because his QB is hurt/out. I mean, it's the Packers. They're going to throw the ball even if it is with Seneca Wallace. Nelson will still get his targets. If anything, I'd UPGRADE Andrew Quarless. Even as not much of a pass-catcher, he seemed like he had a rapport with Wallace and he could see a bump-up in targets with Wallace minding the keep for a few weeks.

• Like 1

A lot of the catches that Jordy makes are throws that Wallace cannot make. I think Jordy's success is tied to Rodgers more than most receivers are tied to their quarterbacks. Also, the Pack will run the ball more and just not have as many plays due to short drives instead of sustained drives. But as a Packer fan, I hope I am wrong. The running game has shown it is legit. It's time for the defense to step up.

This could be a good point... but I don't think it's to the degree that, say, Dwayne Bowe's value got hit with when Alex Smith took the QB job in KC. Smith isn't a risk taker so never throws the ball into coverage. Bowe used to be a guy you'd just huck the ball to and would let him go get it.

I don't see Nelson being like that to Bowe's degree.... but we'll see.

Roddy White had his breakout season with Joey Harrington and Byron Leftwich throwing to him.

On the other hand, Larry Fitzgerald has had some rough seasons because of the poor QB play and excessive coverage.

The absence of Cobb and Jones probably hurts his value more, as he becomes the one guy they have to keep in check in the passing game.

My best guess: More targets, but big QB and supporting cast downgrade, his consistency probably takes a big hit, and he becomes more boom and bust, with potential to have a nice week as they're forced to pass to keep up, but will suffer if they can't be effective.

This. You don't necessarily need to downgrade a WR just because his QB is hurt/out. I mean, it's the Packers. They're going to throw the ball even if it is with Seneca Wallace. Nelson will still get his targets. If anything, I'd UPGRADE Andrew Quarless. Even as not much of a pass-catcher, he seemed like he had a rapport with Wallace and he could see a bump-up in targets with Wallace minding the keep for a few weeks.

And Wallace will be much better with a full week of practice. He probably hasn't gotten many reps since joining the team and wasn't with them during camp or pre-season.

Good point on Quarles, I'm going to target him as a backup TE, but will need to use my waiver priority on RB first because of Sproles concussion.

I am very fortunate because I can plug Keenan Allen in to play along with D Thomas and DJax, and no it is not a 4 team league. A lot of people were down on Djax and Jordy this year.

Jordy was the steal of almost any draft that happened before the end of August.

Reports are Rodgers will miss 3 weeks which makes Jordy the perfect player for a team struggling to make the playoffs to trade to a team that is 8-1 or 7-2. But it never ceases to amaze me how a team on the bubble, say 3-6, 4-5, or 5-4, will refuse to trade a player like Jordy.

Nothing anybody does in fantasy football ceases to amaze me anymore. After 25 years, I can pretty much say I have seen it all.

Reports are Rodgers will miss 3 weeks which makes Jordy the perfect player for a team struggling to make the playoffs to trade to a team that is 8-1 or 7-2. But it never ceases to amaze me how a team on the bubble, say 3-6, 4-5, or 5-4, will refuse to trade a player like Jordy.

It all depends on what's being offered. As a bubble team with Jordy, I am not about to trade away the to-date #2 WR in my league for some upstart guy like TY Hilton. Say I am hurting at RB and you want to offer me a Gio, Murray, or LeVeon type back, then we have something to talk about.

I find that any trade offer has to have an obvious benefit to the other team to have a chance of success.

Rodgers is now considered "week to week". The news came out a few hours ago. If you are still worried about Jordy I wouldn't be. And if you don't have him, now may be a really good time to acquire him on the cheap.

For those who may want a source

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Aaron-Rodgers-%E2%80%98week-to-week%E2%80%99-with-fractured-clavicle/be0674df-8ab8-48c3-9687-8c7a980b941c

I just read on the Huddle news the timetable is 4-6 weeks, doesn't sound like week to week. I think a lot of misinformation is being thrown around, I'd be careful about trusting any of it.

For those who may want a source

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Aaron-Rodgers-%E2%80%98week-to-week%E2%80%99-with-fractured-clavicle/be0674df-8ab8-48c3-9687-8c7a980b941c

I just read on the Huddle news the timetable is 4-6 weeks, doesn't sound like week to week. I think a lot of misinformation is being thrown around, I'd be careful about trusting any of it.

Well, considering there was an article on packers.com on 11/5 titled "Aaron Rodgers 'week to week'", I felt ok sharing that. News does tend to change on a daily basis.

Well, considering there was an article on packers.com on 11/5 titled "Aaron Rodgers 'week to week'", I felt ok sharing that. News does tend to change on a daily basis.

Yes, that is the story I posted a link to, just trying to be helpful for people. Its not personal, just people like to know where the information is coming from.

And I stand by my statement about there being lots of misinformation, or at least conflicting information and trusting it.

It wasn't a personal attack on you (believe it or not).

Rumors are flying that Rodgers may be out for the season...Obviously this will hurt Nelsons value..Do we trade him before the news breaks?

Last week was the time to trade him.

Whoever starts will be better with a week of practice.

• Like 1

Yes, that is the story I posted a link to, just trying to be helpful for people. Its not personal, just people like to know where the information is coming from.

And I stand by my statement about there being lots of misinformation, or at least conflicting information and trusting it.

It wasn't a personal attack on you (believe it or not).

Sorry about that. Like I've been told, it 'came across' offensive..lol.

Edited by Endzone Is Near