[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time to drop (or trade) the KC DEF?

abishagenaden

Chiefs are on a bye this week, followed by a scary sequence of @Den, SD, Den from weeks 11-13.

Weeks 14 and 15 look decent, with @Was and @Oak.

Week 16 could be better, when they go up against Ind.

Would be great to hold on to them but there are some other tempting FA options out there right now.

Thoughts?

I know it sounds strange to say this about a D, but never bench you're studs. KC has scored over 20 points in 6 of 9 games. They have scored less than 10 in only 1 of 9 games. Don't over think this, start KC.

Edited by RJV

A few things here. First, the Chiefs are the only team to hold Manning to 17 points since he joined the Broncos - that was obviously last year. Secondly - these divisional games that scare you so much are generally tighter played with the teams knowing each other better than non-divisionals.

Granted, it would seem the Chiefs will have far fewer opportunities for points facing these quality opponents, but I really can't imagine pulling them from my lineup - let alone trading them to an opponent. I think you are over-thinking. Maybe they will slow their pace. maybe they won't, but who the hell is going to be better?

• Like 1

A few things here. First, the Chiefs are the only team to hold Manning to 17 points since he joined the Broncos - that was obviously last year. Secondly - these divisional games that scare you so much are generally tighter played with the teams knowing each other better than non-divisionals.

Granted, it would seem the Chiefs will have far fewer opportunities for points facing these quality opponents, but I really can't imagine pulling them from my lineup - let alone trading them to an opponent. I think you are over-thinking. Maybe they will slow their pace. maybe they won't, but who the hell is going to be better?

+ 1

What this guy said.

I'm going to disagree. Looking at KC's schedule, they haven't really played anyone, besides maybe DAL, who is a good team this season. And most of the teams they have played, make a lot of mistakes. Their value has been capitalizing on those mistakes, and DEN makes very few. Just because they won't put up 40+ doesn't make them an automatic start.

I own KC D in all 3 of my leagues and they have been awesome...but they have gone up against 5 consecutive back up QB's which has really helped and there schedule is not great going forward...I wont drop them but made a strong effort to pick up back up Defenses well ahead of there bye this week and will play matchups going forward...Picked up Titans,Dolphins and Panthers as back ups and they all have fantasy defense friendly matchups rest of season...

Well if eating up 3 roster spots to play matchups is the cure, I'll stick with the illness.

• Like 1

No way in hell I trade (let alone drop - what the hell are you thinking here?!!!) KC defense. They have won at least 4 matchups for me this year scoring over 20 points where if they had scored much less I would've lost. They're a savior for my team and they score over 20 points so many times. They're the Jimmy Graham of defenses. I'll keep em

Not sure I'd be starting them against Denver, no matter how good they have been. So thats 3 out of the next 4 weeks that you're benching them (if you include the bye this week) - thats a big hole burning up your bench. Id at least be willing to hear offers for them.

EDIT: I guess the question about what their value is against Denver comes down to how heavily your defense scoring rules depend on points allowed. There are a huge variety of defensive scoring formats out there. But if that's the huge driver, no way I start them against Peyton & Co

Edited by nelsosi

No way in hell I trade (let alone drop - what the hell are you thinking here?!!!) KC defense. They have won at least 4 matchups for me this year scoring over 20 points where if they had scored much less I would've lost. They're a savior for my team and they score over 20 points so many times. They're the Jimmy Graham of defenses. I'll keep em

LOL the "Jimmy Graham of defenses." That's funny and true. The chiefs have been one of my most consistent high scorers. The only thing I would consider trading them for would be two open-minded blonde Playboy bunnies and a life time supply of Coors.

Generally I agree with the "go with your studs" mantra, but I'm not sure that applies to a DEF. Scoring for a DEF is more dependent on opponent than any other fantasy position. To blindly ignore the fact that they play the highest scoring offensive team this season (and potentially in league history) twice in the next 3 games is silly IMO.

Edited by nelsosi