[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Insurance agents here ? I need advise

MustOfBeenDrunk

I'm 55 have not ever had an accident and no moving violations in 30 years.Now I remarried 14 years ago and of course added my wife to my policy ( by law I'm told )I now have two claims on my insurance , one in 2009 her fault hit a park car , 2nd one 2011 not her fault she was hit while making a turn.

I'm now with All-State and have been for 16 years , 2 cars , life & home insurance with them.

My auto insurance since 2011 has been running $1300 a year.With the two recent claims over the last 4 years should I make a move to another company ?

Any other options besides finding a new wife with better driving record :rolleyes:

I have had Progressive since 1995 and it was always the same policy just a renewal every 6 months. This last renewal I requested a new price quote with them and my payment went down from 1350 to 748 just by getting a new policy. I even have better coverage and didn't lose any of our benefits from being a longtime customer.

I would say it is worth a shot to get a new quote from them or try someone else

Any other options besides finding a new wife with better driving record :rolleyes:

Your in CA, try AAA, that's we're I've been since I gave Allstate the boot.

I've had 3 claims, 2 were my fault. The other claim was when a fellow AAA customer rear-ended me. Very well handled on all claims.

I have 3 vehicles, 1 driver, $800-1000 per yr. Price has stayed pretty much the same even when the claims went against me.

eta - also have my homeowners through them as well

Edited by slambo
  • Like 1

Your in CA, try AAA, that's we're I've been since I gave Allstate the boot.

I've had 3 claims, 2 were my fault. The other claim was when a fellow AAA customer rear-ended me. Very well handled on all claims.

I have 3 vehicles, 1 driver, $800-1000 per yr. Price has stayed pretty much the same even when the claims went against me.

eta - also have my homeowners through them as well

thanks Slambo , Im guessing its not like credit scores , meaning It won't effect anything if I request quotes from several different companies , so I guess that will be my best bet , I do like the idea of staying with a well known major company such as AAA ,, the main reason I'm with All-state and have stayed with them is I have had a motorcycle to insure too and many companies will not insure them. Finally sold the bike though this summer so that will not be a concern.

Move out of the SF area ;) Rates are going to be pretty high there I assume.

Definitely get some from other insurance companies. I've had State Farm for years and been happy.

You'll hear horror stories about every major insurance company out there, every one of them is going to have some customers who were not happy. May also talk to your current agent and see what changes can be made to lower the rate, if they are not very helpful find a new company/agent. May also find an independent agent, who will get quotes from several insurers.

Good luck.